Full Armored VF-0S Color Pictures

Graham

Not too bad, although it looks a tad disporportionate with rather skinny leg armor for a full armor setup... and makes it look a little topheavy with the wide set missle shoulder hatches. Passable, but I still gotta say the GBP and the armored VF-11 both still look a bunch better. Really like the backpack/thruster detail though.

-Al

This is the point I was trying to make:

See how the new armor looks "leather"-ish... kind of like the reactive armor the Patlabor Ingrams wear.

They would each look better if they swapped legs. :p

edit: forgot "would"

Edited by tom64ss

See how the new armor looks "leather"-ish... kind of like the reactive armor the Patlabor Ingrams wear.

In my opinion... it looks too "form fitting" to be a GPB armor. Look at the GPB1 and the VF11 GPB.... they look like fricking boxes stacked on certain points of the VF.

If you take the GPB0.... give it a helmet with a mono-eye.... you get a Zaku or a Geara Doga. B)

Later M1's (I believe starting with M1A2) also have a layer of depleted uranium for additional protection against armor piercing rounds.

Negative. As a USMC M1A1 tanker, I can tell u that all US Abrams have depleted uranium. In addition, almost all (if not all) of our tanks these days have the "Heavy Armor" upgrade, which increased the thickness of the mesh. IIRC, the mesh (with depleted uranium) was on the original M1, as well. FTR, the export versions of the Abrams tank don't get the depleted uranium or the chobam layout but get the space filled in with concrete. :)

As far as reactive, we were using that with the M60s... which some Marine units still had in the '91 Gulf War.

I'm sure you're right about M1's currently in service. But the DU armor wasn't introduced until 1988. (Source.) The original M1 had been in service since 1980, and the M1A1 was produced from 1985. Apparently the first M1A2 was fielded in 1986. (Source.)

At least at one time, the M1A1 with DU armor was referred to as M1A1 (HA) ("heavy armor").

See also:

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/abrams.htm

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/du/du_tabe.htm (Section 3)

BTW, that's an interesting detail about the export versions!

In my opinion... it looks too "form fitting" to be a GPB armor. Look at the GPB1 and the VF11 GPB.... they look like fricking boxes stacked on certain points of the VF.

If you take the GPB0.... give it a helmet with a mono-eye.... you get a Zaku or a Geara Doga. B)

Maybe these guys kept getting their ass kicked so they used thicker armor on later models. :lol:

That's what makes me think it is some form of Kevlar or pliable leatherish material that the VF wears like humans would wear body armor.

heh its the new fad for vf-0s the plastic leather or pleather gbp. look stylish while owning the anti-un.

colors vary on purchase.

I dunno. The armour is much more ergonomic than either the original GBP armour, or the Full Armour VF-11, but at the same time it's obvious that there's less to it. Not nearly as much armour, not nearly as many missles, the added engines aren't nearly enough to add as much compensation as the original GBP armour's boosters.

It probably can't fly in the atmosphere, I imagine the original GBP can at least "hop" with those huge back boosters.

The "skirt" is the only thing that says "Gundam" to me. Honestly, the first thing I thought when that picture popped up on my screen was, "Da~ayum! Seems all that time designing Armoured Core mecha payed off."

I don't really see the Patlabor connection here. Nothing in those pictures looked like cloth to me, it looks entirely metal. It's also shaped nothing like the Patlabor armour, so I just don't see it.

I like it, but like many others I have a hard time seeing Focker using GBP armour, especially in an atmosphere. We'll see.

First, thanks Graham for the pics :-)

It's a nice looking design, too bad it looks like the bastard child of a Gundam and of Valkyrie. Mr Gundam and Ms Valkyrie probably did it during one of these SRW hot meetings :D

Edited by Yoshi

I dunno. The armour is much more ergonomic than either the original GBP armour, or the Full Armour VF-11, but at the same time it's obvious that there's less to it. Not nearly as much armour, not nearly as many missles, the added engines aren't nearly enough to add as much compensation as the original GBP armour's boosters.

It probably can't fly in the atmosphere, I imagine the original GBP can at least "hop" with those huge back boosters.

The "skirt" is the only thing that says "Gundam" to me. Honestly, the first thing I thought when that picture popped up on my screen was, "Da~ayum! Seems all that time designing Armoured Core mecha payed off."

I don't really see the Patlabor connection here. Nothing in those pictures looked like cloth to me, it looks entirely metal. It's also shaped nothing like the Patlabor armour, so I just don't see it.

I like it, but like many others I have a hard time seeing Focker using GBP armour, especially in an atmosphere. We'll see.

I'd imagine it's lighter because the VF-0 can't leave the atmosphere. It has to contend with gravity and since the nuclear engines still aren't done, it has thinner armor and fewer weapons to make it lighter.

Overall, the VF-0 looks thinner too. Thinner arms, longer legs. Since its taller, it looks more "lanky". If they put a GBP-1S next to it, it would probably thicker but shorter.

Stylistically, alot of people think the VF-0 and the new armor looks more "modern". I personally think that since the legs for the VF-1 will probably be shorter and wider to accommodate the new engine, the VF-0 and new armor almost look like they're "strip down" versions of the SDF Macross counterparts.

The "crispness" of the better artwork make everything look thinner and more modern too. (ie SDF Macross vs. DYRL)

OH YEAH! Fantastic! My absolute favorite...anime mecha and disposable armor. I love it!

Thank you so very very much for the pictures Graham.

My first impressions of the Full Armor VF-0S: it screams "test bed." I agree with Graham's assertion that this Full Armor package appears to have less armament than the GBP-1S system for the VF-1 Valkyrie. It also appears to have less armor and fewer additional thrusters. As a result, the design looks less formidible than the GBP-1S as far as defense, offense, and added thrust. However, because there is less to this Full Armor system, I suppose it's a trade off of less weight versus less arms/propellent/protection.

The design elements of the original GBP-1S system are very apparent. Like the VF-0 itself, the design aesthetic of the Full Armor is undeniably VF-1. However, I see many VF-11 Full Armor design similarities. Most of all, the armored forearm sections on the FA VF-0S look very much like the FA VF-11 shield. Also, the shoulder mounted missile pods are more prominent than the traditional GBP-1S, just like the FA VF-11.

Damn this is great stuff.

F-ZeroOne Posted on Sep 23 2003, 03:47 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although theres a Patlabor influence in there, the thing this reminded me of the most was the Destroid Spartan... 

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 Posted on Sep 23 2003, 03:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks liek that oen green and red destroid hikaru used at one time in the series. only once episode though

Exactly what I was saying guys!

:D

Thanks Graham for the heads up on this nifty development!

But I think they way it looks, I doubt it can move freely in an atmospheric environment, at least in an Earth's gravity, because with the added armor, it seems the joints cannot stand that much weight?! But it is just speculation, because such massive armor, and those thin joints makes me wonder...

At least the joints of the VF-1's looks more acceptable?

Paulo

Hmmm... this is sort of an off TOPIC question but a question related to on of the posts...

Was the VF-11B Full Armour ever featured in Macross Plus??? Was it in the OVA? Or was it in Macross7??

It's the first time I've seen it - but looks pretty cool...

If you ask me, the intro scene for Macross Plus OVA featuring the VF-11B was pretty cool :)

Hmmm... this is sort of an off TOPIC question but a question related to on of the posts...

Was the VF-11B Full Armour ever featured in Macross Plus??? Was it in the OVA? Or was it in Macross7??

It's the first time I've seen it - but looks pretty cool...

If you ask me, the intro scene for Macross Plus OVA featuring the VF-11B was pretty cool :)

Full-Armor version of the VF-11 was in Macross 7.

At least it doesn't look more "Gundam" than the FA VF-11.

VF-11fa3.jpg

Excuse me-might be out of topic, but OH MY GOD... where in the world u get the Amour for the VF-11? :blink: I want one too!!

Anyway, the amour for Vf-0s looks cool, much like VF-11, but agreed, the arms looks like its about to drop off...