Full Armored VF-0S Color Pictures

Graham

Guys, I just picked up the new November 2003 issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby and both magazines have color art of the Full Armored VF-0S battroid from episode # 3 of Macross Zero.

Unfortunately, the scanner here at work is busted, so I can't scan the pics now, but when I get home tonight I will scan them and post them here.

Graham

I guess those storyboards were legit. We've now seen the full armored VF-0 and the destroid. Cool. B)

Episode 3 looks like its gonna be a good one.

New armored VFs, new destroids, new enemy variable mecha, new animation, new Yamatos....we're really getting spoiled these days. :D

Looks to have far fewer missiles than the GBP for VF-1. Basically only missiles in the shoulders and chest and perhaps some grenades(?) on the sides of the hips.

Ilike how they have built the armor around the leg fins. Yes, I agree it does look like a cross between the GBP and FA VF-11.

Graham

now folks not only fdo we have a armored GPS-1 VF-0 we now have.....

a GOOD look at what macross zero wouold look like cell shaded!!

look at that picture...

drool

kick ass

VF-0 seems to bte the uber experiemental valk so i guess its only time before wqe see a strike phoenix and elint and ostrich type

viva la phoenix!!

holy crap thats sweet. but how does it handle the wieght in atmosphere if the VF-0 isn't designed for space? thanks for the pics Graham!

Maybe it can't fly and is forced to remain grounded during battles, when wearing the armor

I'm guessing the Full Armoured VF-0S Battroid can't fly in atmosphere and is limited to walking, running or jet assisted jumping.

I doubt a VF-1 fitted with GBP armor could fly in atmosphere either.

Graham

Is it just me or does this suit of armor look a bit more "Patlabor"-ish... you know, like soft body armor rather than heavy steel plating. With the seeming "turn towards the modern" perhaps this armor is some sort of ceramic plates encased in kevlar... or perhaps it is some form of CHOBAM armor sections.

you mean the reactive armor that explodes to reduce the nrg from incomming projectiles?

you mean the reactive armor that explodes to reduce the nrg from incomming projectiles?

Yeah the stuff they have on the M1A1 Abrams MBT, They call it CHOBAM armor.

Chobham is used on all versions of the M1. It's what gives it the slablike appearance.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/m1-tank4.htm

Chobham is designed to protect tanks from shaped-charge rounds (HEAT) better than steel armor. Later M1's (I believe starting with M1A2) also have a layer of depleted uranium for additional protection against armor piercing rounds.

Neither of these are reactive armor. Reactive armor is the little boxes often seen on Bradleys and Soviet-made tanks that make them look kind of like The Thing from Fantastic Four. Here's a picture of a tank with reactive armor. Reactive armor works by exploding outward and disrupting the gas/metal jet from HEAT. Depending on the design, it may also be effective against armor piercing rounds.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_armor

Edited by ewilen

Later M1's (I believe starting with M1A2) also have a layer of depleted uranium for additional protection against armor piercing rounds.

Negative. As a USMC M1A1 tanker, I can tell u that all US Abrams have depleted uranium. In addition, almost all (if not all) of our tanks these days have the "Heavy Armor" upgrade, which increased the thickness of the mesh. IIRC, the mesh (with depleted uranium) was on the original M1, as well. FTR, the export versions of the Abrams tank don't get the depleted uranium or the chobam layout but get the space filled in with concrete. :)

As far as reactive, we were using that with the M60s... which some Marine units still had in the '91 Gulf War.

Meh, I didnt think Roy would be a wussie to need an armor package. ;)

Edited by Uxi