Love Hina

estacado06479

ummm, i watched love hina a while back, i thought it was pretty good, until the extra episodes, with urashima's "sister"

last week, i started reading the manga...

if you have read it, or are interested, post away.

personally, i get a little nervous with things that i wouldnt be comfortable explaining to my girlfriend why i'm watching it, and this is one of those times

but i do like the idea of an expanded hina story, i wonder why they didnt include some of the plot points from teh manga in the anime, not the echi stuff, but the meat of the story

Go manga. The anime is good, but the manga is a LOT better. Although I tend to disregard the existence of Volume 14 (except for the last two chapters) and consider Volume 13 more as a Seta/Haruka side-story (after all, they are the Roy and Claudia of the LH universe. kinda.).

And do yourself a favor and completely forget that there are OAVs out there. Love Hina Again is good ONLY for the opening/ending songs and character design (probably the weakest point of the tv series, at least when you talk about Motoko :blink: )

BTW, there IS a place in the net when you can find the ENTIRE manga scalations, and it's pretty easy to find it. That is, if you're not in a country where it has been licenced (Japan, China, Europe or USA, AFAIK)... :rolleyes:

I LMAO at the anime, but yes, it did go for too long. By the time I saw the post series specials ie, the holiday and xmas special etc I wasn't laughing so much.

The anime was pretty good, but the manga expanded things much better, ended quite well. There were a lot of things I read in there that I now miss not having in the show. Where the Spring Special ended for instance, the manga kept going to show exactly how they got home. Good stuff. I enjoyed both, but the manga definately gets the nod.

BTW, there IS a place in the net when you can find the ENTIRE manga scalations, and it's pretty easy to find it. That is, if you're not in a country where it has been licenced (Japan, China, Europe or USA, AFAIK)... :rolleyes:

;)

im in the workforce, but i dont have alot of fundage, gotta save it for special projects

oh and, this thread wasnt to decide between which, as some are thinking, it was to say, wtf to the amount of stuff in the manga that didnt make it into the anime, it would have been right next to la blue girl at suncoast...

Plus you don't have to listen to that terriable annoying english dubb!

You never have to listen to a dubb.... its your choice to listen to it or not, so stop complaining about it.

As for the Manga... those who actually enjoy reading it... I would suggest picking up the bilingual Japanese manga. I'm not sure if it was ever finished (I heard something about the publisher dropping it because ppl were using it for the wrong reasons, go figure), but it was meant for students who were learning english... so the translation is extremely literal, unlike anything you will ever find in the US.

Plus you don't have to listen to that terriable annoying english dubb!

You never have to listen to a dubb.... its your choice to listen to it or not, so stop complaining about it.

Oh be queit! :p:p:p

:):lol:

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

If you ask me, there shouldn't have been a LHA in the first place. There was enough material there to make a second TV series season, and I know that me, and a couple of hundread other LH fans out there would have prefered the extended story (and more Naru, or Motoko, or whoever you want) than the prettier animation (well, except for the character designs :p , although I was watching it for the story rather than for the T&A).

Man even if they used the same basis of LHA, Vol 9 to 12, there would have been even some more story to make a movie or a rightly done OVA from the last two volumes.

Too bad they chose the quick buck. <_<

Love Hina manga has hentai/ecchi stuff? Really? Can someone help clarify a bit since I don't know much about the Love Hina series? I always thought it was a popular love comedy, and thought of checking that out with my girlfriend someday to introduce her to more anime fun. But if it has explicit hentai stuff in it (someone even said its like La Blue Girl <_< ), I guess I'll have to pass.

That really surprised me :ph34r:

NOT like LaBlue Girl. Every once in awhile you'll see some T&A but that's because the setting is at Hinata Inn, which is famous for it's hotsprings. That and the hotel manager(guy) has the hots for one of the girls and always somehow manages to catch her at an...inappropriate time. :D

no, i said that if they put everything from the manga into the anime, it would be in the adult section

because they are nekkid the the hotsprings instead of toweled, with their chooch and stuff out, y'know?

so no, it isnt hentai, but it would be adult with all the manga content in there

I'm just trying to understand the difference between the anime and the manga here.

In the anime series, does LV end at the Love Hina again or there is more extra episodes after that? I dislike the Love Hina Again since the anime drawings become worse compare to the original anime.

What's the difference in the manga story? How many pages does each book have? I might need to pick up some of them.

The manga goes past Love Hina Again all the way up to a couple of weddings.