Rubber tires

identityno

I currently own one Valkyrie— a Bandai HCM 1/72 VF-1J. I have always loved it. The proportions are way better than the 1/55 (which I never wanted due to their ungainly design), and it is loaded with cool details like articulated fingers and so forth. I never got on the 1/60 Yamato bandwagon, don't ask me why. But the 1/48s have really got be interested... I have been waiting for a while for a VF-1S (I always desperately wanted a HCM version of this, but they go for way more than I would spend)... The 1/48 VF-1S has awkward proportions, however, and that turned me off from it (I wish Yamato would take notes from Hasegawa's proportions). The VF-1J, however, looks astounding. I'm pretty excited about it, and will happily buy one once they come out with their second release versions with all the kinks ironed out.

Sorry for expected you to read through the above paragraph; it wasn't very much to the point:

Do 1/48s have detailed landing gear bays with carrier hooks and rubber wheels?

Thank you,

Gregory Scott

Thanks for the replies. I'm hyped. I'll wait for the VF-1J, though— it seems like a logical place to start. I would love to eventually buy all of them, though. I hope that they release some reissues next year with their client's suggestions all added in and QC at an all time high. And then they need to release some "Perfect Grade" 1/35 scale version ones with ultimate detail. I'd put down $300 for that.

Cheers,

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand you saying that the proportions look off on the 1/48 -1S and then say the -1J looks great.... They are from the same sculpt, so if the -1S is off in your opinion... the -1J should look that way too. What proportions are you speaking about? Legs, head, arms, hands?

The 1/48 is a spectacular toy, go and get one. :)

I don't think the MPC has the arrestor gear hooks, does it?

Yep someone posted pictures of it on the old boards. Before that I did not know my self.

Ah, yes. It's mentioned in gunsight.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/gunsig...gs1julaug02.pdf

or if you want to read in html http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:71jry...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

by the way, if you want to read a positive but impartial review of the MPC, look here.

I don't own one, but I might pay $20-$30 shipped for a Ben Dixon simply because it's the same scale as the Bandai reissues and nobody else has done Kakizaki in a toy. (His TV paint scheme is different from a standard CF, isn't it?)