ORGUSS 3D Hangar

Here are a couple renders of some Terram mecha from Super Dimension Century Orguss that I modeled over one year ago. They are not finished, but pretty damned close.

First off the ubiquitous "normal type" ISHKICK GERWALK

All models created and rendered with Pro Engineer.

post-5-1113413790_thumb.jpg

Incredible work, do the Drifand Dal next.
Wheres the Orgaroid or Jotunes?

I'm currently concentrating on the Terram Mecha. The Eman stuff will be saved for future inspiration.

Here's some small progress on the NIKICK:

post-5-1113494423_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

These are great, makes me want to start building Orguss stuff myself (no, no, no, I don't have TIME!!)

What are you using for reference? 2D images or models and toys? I just recently got hold of Arii's transformable Nickick kit and I was so tempted to try CG-ing it, seeing your work has done nothing to help me supress that urge.

What are your plans for these when they are finished? Images in appropriate settings, or animation maybe? Whatever, keep up the good work.

All the 3D models are based on the "1/48" Arii kits with any extra details inspired by box art or my own imagination...mostly box art. There is a definite dearth of good pictorial information on Orguss mecha...best place I found is the Orguss Shrine , but the plastic kits, and toys, are a very good starting point.

I don't really have any concrete plans for these models other than the satisfaction of making them, but I suppose that I can eventually convert them from their native Pro/E to a mesh format like 3DS or LWO for animation ( the Nikick will be fully transformable and far more articulated than the physical model) or just fancy rendering.

If the modeling bug proves overwhelming, and you end up making any Orguss related meshes, please don't hesitate to post them in this thread; that's why I created it...not just for my own stuff, but for anyone who wishes to contribute to do so.

PS.: Toy vs. Kit observations:

1. All 1/48 kits I have (Ishkick, Ishforn, Nikick, Driffand Dal, M-Lovers, and Bronco II) with the exception of the M-Lovers are closer to 1/60 in scale judging by the crew figures.

2. The 1/60 toys (again except for the M-Lovers) are closer to 1/72 scale according to the figures.

3. The 1/40 kits of the Orgroids are also off considering the size of the pilots.

4. The toy interpretation of the Ishkick and Ishforn are more Anime accurate than the kits.

• 6 months later...

Hi mechaninac!

Found this old thread while doing a google search for orguss mecha. I´m currently watching the show and this inspired me to get all my old Orguss kits out of the basement, maybe even to buid them if I get the time. I´m fascinated by your renderings of the terram mecha, this is really great stuff. Did you get any further with these guys or have you even finished any others? I´d really like to see more of your outstanding work....

where's a good place to get the Orguss series? I wouldn't mind watching it again. Seeing as its been so long since the first time I've seen it I have absolutely no recollection.

Oh yes, and that was absolutely beautiful work... I wish i was talented with computers.

Go to Sputnik24/7. Really cool site, plus quite a few other anime videos.

where's a good place to get the Orguss series?  I wouldn't mind watching it again.  Seeing as its been so long since the first time I've seen it I have absolutely no recollection.

Oh yes, and that was absolutely beautiful work... I wish i was talented with computers.

345272[/snapback]

I can't believe this thread has been resurrected... :)

I haven't done much with any of these models...work, life, the usual interruptions, in conjunction with getting tired of them for awhile have conspired to put them all in the back burner for the last few months. I'll eventually continue working on them once I get inspired again.

Here are some renders of the current status of the NIKICK:

post-664-1132171394_thumb.jpg

post-664-1132171405_thumb.jpg

post-664-1132171420_thumb.jpg

I can't believe this thread has been resurrected... :)

I haven't done much with any of these models...work, life, the usual interruptions, in conjunction with getting tired of them for awhile have conspired to put them all in the back burner for the last few months.  I'll eventually continue working on them once I get inspired again.

Here are some renders of the current status of the NIKICK:

345289[/snapback]

I know, same as with all my half finished kits... still, very interesting pic of the nickick, especially the leg folding mechanism!

I bought the Revell issue of the ARII 1/48 non-variable kit in 1984 and it made me scratching my head for almost 20 years :huh: . Some joints are seemingly missing or all the way wrong - you can move the legs but only in the wrong diections! I only found out that it is supposed to be a transformer in 2003!!

This ARII thing is a complete mess - a mixture of a half-fixed-pose, half-transforming model! It is lacking proper articulation for cool poses and it cannot transform to Gerwalk (Fighter is out of question anyway) because you have to glue parts which have to remain moveable! I wonder what those engineers were thinking.

One day I´ll get me one of those fully transformable Nickick kits, but I have little hope that these are any better, those 1/48 variable Orguss kits don´t work very well, too - and they look crap! The 1/40 ones from IMAI are much better but they did not make a variable nickick.

Anyway, now that I have the chance to watch it, Orguss is so cool, I´d love to get all the kits and scratchbuild the mecha which were never released like Tegua, Logwood, Emaan flyer etc. - If only I had the time.... <_<

• 12 years later...

Orguss never gets enough love. Thank you for making these. Question, do you have any plans to make the unseen models like the Logwood? If you do, can these be 3D printed?

I am seriously considering having a Logwood made in 3D but if you are already working on it, I won't bother.

LogwoodA.png

Holy cow... major thread necromancy happening here!  I haven't touched those 3D models in over a decade (still have them saved, somewhere)... completely lost interest in them as other priorities have taken precedence.  Who knows, maybe some day I'll revisit them. ^_^

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately, the files for the Ishforn and Ishkick, and the partial stuff for the Nickik were lost in a HD crash a long time ago; I thought I had them saved somewhere but couldn't find any trace of them anywhere else, so there were no backups.  I could see myself continuing existing models at some point, but I have no intention to recreate everything from scratch as the conditions that allowed me to indulge in that distraction have changed.

It is what it is.

:sorry: