TV Max & Kakizaki

nightmareB4macross

Heliodore Posted on Apr 13 2005, 06:50 AM

Excellent job, they look so clean and shiny. How'd you get the white to look so great?

Black Valkyrie Posted on Apr 13 2005, 01:04 AM

Nice work. What color brand did you use especially the white color cuz I tried to customize my 1/55 VF-1A (Hikaru) with Tamiya white but it screwed up, I had to trough it away and keep the good parts

------------------------------

I never used white paint of any kind on either of these. The only thing I did was remove the tampo prints I did not want on the valks.

I used Scalecoat, a modeling paint remover. It works very well. The best way to use it is to swab it over the area you want the print removed for about 5 minutes (don't allow it to dry) and then just wipe it off with a paper towel. Be extremely careful not to get it on markings that you want to keep.

The tampos that you see on the valks are the original stamps from Bandai. Just need to complete the set with decals. :)

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I never used white paint of any kind on either of these. The only thing I did was remove the tampo prints I did not want on the valks.

I used Scalecoat, a modeling paint remover. It works very well. The best way to use it is to swab it over the area you want the print removed for about 5 minutes (don't allow it to dry) and then just wipe it off with a paper towel. Be extremely careful not to get it on markings that you want to keep.

The tampos that you see on the valks are the original stamps from Bandai. Just need to complete the set with decals. :)

Scalecoat is it the brand name ?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Black Valkyrie -

Scalecoat is the name of the paint remover (only 10 buck a bottle). It is specifically designed not to harm or alter plastic. I picked it up at a trian hobby shop named "Allied Model Trains" located in Culver City, California. They also have a website, just punch it in any search engine.

;)

BigKid24,

I am actually heading over there on Friday at about 2pm (lunchtime), if you want to meet up that would be great.

They have so many great parts for models, scratchbuilds, and electronics that it will amaze you. Not mention they have fantastic dioramas.

Le tme know if you want to meet up.

Late'

NB4M

;)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Black Valkyrie -

Scalecoat is the name of the paint remover (only 10 buck a bottle). It is specifically designed not to harm or alter plastic. I picked it up at a trian hobby shop named "Allied Model Trains" located in Culver City, California. They also have a website, just punch it in any search engine.

;)

Aregato :)

Interesting an how you did it. It saves on buying white paint, laying down layers, and time. Good job! :D

Sigh, I really need to get me a chucky monkey. :rolleyes: