What is lying on your workbench?

Nice work on that Republic destroyer. Heres something that i have been working on for a while. Slowly but surely.

Name tha anime and win a virtual cookie.

422975[/snapback]

Octo tank from Venus Wars? It looks great. Is the green stuff Miliput or some other type of body filler?

You get the cookie :D 

The green stuff is actually green florist foam. Then i overlayed it with white glue to stiffen it and aves apoxie paste to give it the final shell.

423010[/snapback]

Whoa. . . interesting technique. I always thought that the top of the Octo would be a good candidate for vacu-forming. Something you could carve out of rigid foam, thermo-form it, and let the styrene sheet compleat all the undulating surfaces, and then pull the foam mold out, or not . . . as there are probably a lot of under-cuts in there I can't see.

It looks great, and the paint bottle lids are perfect. I wish I could geat my a$$ in gear and do some scratch building.

That looks great! I'll never look at my Tamiya paints the same way aagin!

Do you know the difference between Milliput and Aves Apoxie in hardness? Milliput is great, but way more denser than styrene. Sanding can be a little touch and go. - MT

Mech- the aves is a little softer than miliput and sands easier but it is very strong. The 3 barreled turret has bounced off my desk 3 times with no damage or seperations.

Luke- thats why its called the OCTO tank, it has more guns than an octopus has arms. I havnt even added ALL the guns yet :o

Well in the past 4 days i have score on models. I got a mint USS Cygnus from The Black Hole, A1/48 scale Aliens Dropship(my other got demolished in a move) and the War of the Worlds Tripod and Rebel Blocade Runner in 1/350 scale.

No prob Mech Aves is definitely the way to go. Also it is smoothable with water before it cures.

BTW today in the mail i got my 1/72 booster for my LV and my 1/48 Aliens Dropship. I will probably build the boster but the dropship will remain in its pieces until i return to the states. I dont want to risk a repeat of the demolishing. Its a sturdy kit when built and on a shelf but it is fragile when it comes to storage and transport.

Hey HWR what about the Cygnus I asume that you`ll not want to risk it as Im sure its more fragile that the Dropship :( that and the fact its a nearly 30 year old kit. When/if you do build it can you post some picures.

On another front You have been to the models/anime shop on Lavender Hill in Battersea have you ever been to Russ modelshop on Batersea rise ( not too far down the road ) I Drive past it on a regular basis and have never had the chance to go in. It looks really old school the sort of place you'd find good oldstock and maybe Macross.

Edited by big F

I have only been to comet miniatures once and it was a grueling walk o get there from the tube station. I know theres a neighboring hobby shop for just scale models. Comet has all the macross goodness and other anime stuff in it. I didnt know there was another just up the hill.

Yeah I tried to find somewhere near to it today to park (my work van) it's all permit and red routes arround it :(.

Gonna try and get to Comet soon, It is a bit of a walk from the Tube. Shame is I had to stay in Battersea a few weeks back, but everytime we got back to the Hotel it was past opening time, shame as its was a few mins walk.

Nice work on the Tank....wait...nice!!!

I mean GREAT work on the venus war tank. Which scale is it?

There was a 1/48scale pvc kit back in the 80's or was that the Hayao Miyazaki tank?

Hey HWR, do you have any other drawings/photos of the monster Mk 1? I'm thinking about taking one of my three and converting it after the daedalus is done. Thanks! - MT

No i dont and i have been looking for the line art. It is out there, someone posted it when M0 EP5 was getting released. I cant find it on the site either. The only real differences on it are, it has 4 loading ports on the back behind each canon instead of the 2 on the MKII and the arm cannons are folding hands. The overall color is a dark grey and there are no markings on it.

in 8-10 weeks THIS will be on my workbench/floor. a 1/6 scale Leopard 2A6. My wife acually TOLD me to get it. Im scared now. Im looking around the house for pods. In 1/6 scale this tank will e over 4 feet long and weigh in around 80 kilos. it comes with remote, turret turn, engine noise, proportional speed controls and 12v battery. Each tank is hand made. the rivet counters among us will see that details will need to be added but thats all in the fun.

http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/jpgs/1-6th-leopard-2091b.jpg

Actualy im going to answer the door with it when certain "religous " people knock on the door in Utah. The thing cost about 4,500 dolars but it will last a lifetime. Mark Spencer is great about service and replacement parts.

http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/

Also there is a big forum( www.uktank.org) over here where, if need be, i can get lots of tech assistance if needed. Il be adding lights and other features to it as i go along. Ill wait till its back in the US to do that though. This will definitely be a head turner on base during squadron picnics. It should also handle the snow with great ease. Over on teh tank forums there are peole who hae beaten their tanks sensless driving them with nothing worse than a popped link pin on the tracks. Im still giddy about this. i never thought id get one.

And another great bonus HWR MKII. When you move back to the states, it is on

the military's dime. They get to figure out how to pack all your stuff and move it.

Do they have a weight limit though?

And do you already have a 1/6 figure to have sticking out of the turret?

Edited by azrhino

And another great bonus HWR MKII. When you move back to the states, it is on

the military's dime. They get to figure out how to pack all your stuff and move it.

Do they have a weight limit though?

And do you already have a 1/6 figure to have sticking out of the turret?

426608[/snapback]

We will be well under the weight limit rhino. This will be fun in the states, as far as i know it will be the only 1/6 leo in the states.

As far as figures, i have 2. BUT i do not have the proper modern FLECKTARN pattern camo uniforms. There are 2 figures out there that do have flecktarn uniforms but anyplace i find is sold out. Do you know where i could get some of these uniforms?

Thanks HWR anyhow!

Are you sure you won't be over your weight limit now with that tank :D! Dude, you can probably have it pull you around in a wagon!

Did you find any "pods" laying around the house :lol: . - MT

Do you know where i could get some of these uniforms?

426669[/snapback]

Have you visited Monkey Depot? 1/6 figures is their main product. I searched the loose clothing, but didn't

find what you were looking for. But, they might be able to order it for you.

:o that is one huge model kit..... how much pieces do you have in that kit ?  :blink:

* Wait, how MANY spraycans did you say you bought ?*

426994[/snapback]

The tank will weigh in at 136.4 pounds with a top speed of 12 MPH which translates to about 45MPH scale speed just like the real thing. The hull will be pre painted but i will repaint some parts due to the fact i need to redetail some of it.