What is lying on your workbench?

Taking a break from polishing my HK tank i picked this little gem up at the Comet miniatures store in london.still have to paint the engine glow and i am thinking of shaving off the guns on it and making them in the deployed position. I have also fixed the flight pods from how they look in the pic. They were mounted too low its fixed now. (no pics f that yet)

post-2293-1150154883_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1150154897_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1150154916_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1150154934_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1150154996_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1150155014_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

Here is my current project.  Can you guess?

392899[/snapback]

Here is the finished product so far. The building is giving me some headaches.

407100[/snapback]

Wow great work, VERY well done!!! Adds some real "life" to the model -far better than the usual "standing around" or "holding gun"-pose!- and brings back memories of my 1st time watching Macross.

Can´t wait to see a full diorama with a VF-1D!

Edited by honneamise

Taking a break from polishing my HK tank i picked this little gem up  at the Comet miniatures store in london.still have to paint the engine glow and i am thinking of shaving off the guns on it and making them in the deployed position. I have also fixed the flight pods from how they look in the pic. They were mounted too low its fixed now. (no pics f that yet)

407350[/snapback]

I´ve seen this kit at a dealer and I noticed the openings for the flight pods are too big height-wise, but other than that the kit looks great, especially the way you built it. The colour scheme is very subtle yet brings out the best of the detail!

Deployed guns? That would be cool... looking forward to more pics!

Heres a little something for the fans. VF-17S battroid. in 1/72 scale :D  Finishing details will go on today and hopefully the basecoat too.

408678[/snapback]

You know I am half way building that sucker since last year..any hints on what the trouble areas are at or any suggestions on how to cut steps or skip mistakes..?

What color are you using?

Actually there werent any bad spots in my kit. It wasnt warped. The only real area to look out for is the wrists. The instructions make the hands out to be moveable. They arent. I just followed the instructions and trimmed the pieces carefully. Always test fit along the way too since you dont want to over cut.

Im using Tamiya Nato Black for the base coat. i just sprayed it on actually. The pics above are still in raw vinyl.

HWR nice work I have 3 of those kits that Im gonna biuld soonish. Mike better finnish you rmonster kit soon or youll run out of kits to build.

Chaoswarrior did you know that there was one of these kits up for sale on eBay the other day ? This was the first time in over a year I didnt bother to bit on this kit. Maybe think I should have so I could build a Miria version.

Chaoswarrior did you know that there was one of these kits up for sale on eBay the other day ? This was the first time in over a year I didnt bother to bit on this kit. Maybe think I should have so I could build a Miria version.

408945[/snapback]

No, I better check there more often I guess :)

Is the Bandai 1/100 VF-19 Macross 7 kit rare? course I saw one when I checked now for $35 + $18 shipping. I found the same kit on a swedish auction site for half that price or less :) Seems to be stupid not buying it then. I'm still a newbie, so I don't know much about these things, but I'm learning :)

ChaosWarrior

Sweet!  Looking forward to seeing the F-19.  :D

409342[/snapback]

That's a fine looking vf-1s!

I'm working on the same model, VF-17D right now, and i have to say that i've had a bit of trouble with it. I just finished the lower body this morning, and i found that the whole thing looked awesome, but the hips were too wide apart. I took the legs apart and broke the hip ball jts. and fused the hips in place so it looked a little more sleek, of course at the expense of it's mobility. I'll post pics soon.

I want to have a 1:72 Battroid collection, as that's the only scale where you can collect the most macross valks at this point... unless Yamato has some surprises for us... Graham?

harry

Sweet!  Looking forward to seeing the F-19.  :D

409342[/snapback]

ok, I just uploaded a few pics

post-917-1150785987_thumb.jpg post-917-1150786001_thumb.jpg post-917-1150786016_thumb.jpg post-917-1150786035_thumb.jpg

here's my VF-17D completed but with not even primer on it. I just wanted to show you the sleeker hips and the other little modification made. I didn't like how wimpy the jaw looked on the VF-17S. It looks bad now, unpainted, but the lower mandible was widened with super sculpey. I know I'm being picky, but the hips and the jaw were the only two things I didn't like about the Wave model.

I'll post pics when I've completed the model

The other pics are the finished version of my Custom Diecast Destroid monster and my Custom Kaiyodo Regult SCOUT.

Thanks guys.

Specr. The weld details were highlighted by using normal wash and drybrush techniques. Also the pipework on the hull is handpainted. I used gunmetal on those to give them a different look. The weathering you see there is the end of 4 hours of work. Its basecoated in Testors acryl Panzer SchwarzGrau, Postshaded with tamiya Nato Black then the panels were all highlighted with PollyS Intermediate blue. In the animation the vehicle was an overall dark grey so i figured id go with that and see if i could liven it up a bit.

Hi HWR,

I been lurking here for quite a while and I love all the tank I saw from you.

I wish I have the skill to build something half as goods as yours.

If I know where you live I will crash in to steal/rob all your tank. :D

I have just started on a SV-51 gamma (nora) kit myself. It is my first kit and it is not going well.

Dang I managed to miss buying a Wave Vf 19 like that as I couldnt fit it and the Wave Vf-17 I `d just bought into my bag. now I cant get one anywhere. At least I have 3 Wave Vf-17`s now (soon to 4) Now I can make all of Diamond Force and maybe I could get just one more to do the Milia repaint too.

Thanks guys. Its done now. All i need to do is get a booster kit from SSM and fit it.

Mech the wheeled vehicle is an italian Centauro. The kit is beautiful and falls together as good as most injection kits.

Well heres the finished pics.

Big F go to comet miniatures . com. when i was there last in person they had the 19 with the sound booster on it.

post-2293-1151619495_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1151619607_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1151619630_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1151619669_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1151619708_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1151619740_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1151619785_thumb.jpg

Launcharific man! Almost looks like some of the funky stuff we did in the 50's to make up for bombed runways. The drawings look cool, but this puts them to shame. - MT

Thanks guys. Seems im the first one to complete the kit actually. Im happy with the way it turned out. I just need to get the booster for it and it will be perfect. the toughest part was actually painting it.

Indigo you arent the first person to say i have a slight Bower/J Anderson feel to my style of finishing. thank you.

Edited by HWR MKII