What is lying on your workbench?

Hey jardann Nice job! which kit is that? Looks like it's pretty small, good work on the detail.

Thanks Chas, The kit is the Ertl/RC2 1/2500 scale from the first 3 ship set. Its about 3" long. I started working on an Ambassador class for my brother for an RPG he plays, but I've been working on several ships at a time and this one finished first!

Please don't mind the large stand attachment. It is just tacky glued on until I decide a more permanent display set up.

Hey, that is an interesting avatar pic you have. Is there any way I can see a bigger scan of it?

Edited by jardann

Chas, that pic's even better when I can see the details. Thanks for posting it.

VFX, that Enterprise looks great! The bussard collectors are fantastic! Very close to the TV show look. I'm going to have to go through your progress pics when I have more time. It looks familiar, did you post this over at SSM? Is it an old AMT kit or the new PL 1/1000? It must be very close to completion. It looks ready for warp to me! :lol:

God, my wife would make sooo much fun of me if she read what I just typed! :p

No prob jardann.

VFX OMFG! :blink: That has got to be the most awesome paint job I've ever seen. That technique with the tape is just terrific!. Is there a write up to go along with those pics! Cus I for one would love to read it. There is a lot there that I could learn from. Are the panel lines on the Primary hull scribed or just painted? I couldn't decide. Awesome, just awesome! :o

Nice work VFX! And the lighting effects are fantastic.

I am curious about picture DSC04519 of your "in progress" shots. Is there

something wrong with the front part of the neck, or are my eyes just messed

up again?

Edited by azrhino

Working on the New DML Tiger 1 Late version. This kit is scary. Everything in the pics came with it NO aftermarket sets were bought. The fender pieces and the exhaust shrouds were preformed in brass.

post-2293-1144555808_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1144555840_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1144555866_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1144555896_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1144555913_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1144555934_thumb.jpg

Working on the New DML Tiger 1 Late version. This kit is scary. Everything in the pics came with it NO aftermarket sets were bought. The fender pieces and the exhaust shrouds were preformed in brass.

389091[/snapback]

Wow, looks really good so far, you seem to be quite comfortable with PE sets. Any tips on glueing? My PE parts never seem to adhere that well no matter what kind of CA I use.

@ grayson, you can try to soak them in acid first (I use vinaigre) or some even use sanding paper to get a roughness so CA glue will adhere better. Works for me very time :)

@ HWRII yup, Dragon is really targeting Tamiya with there kits. Mighty good job at it to I must ad.

I'm finishing on the Battlepod and the figures for my dio and awaiting the release of the Monster

Haro= I use a very old and time tested method for my zimmerit. I lay Squadron putty on with my fnger and then drag a Xact sawblade sideways through it to get the ribbed texture. It really pops out when its painted and weathered.

Grayson= When its PE to plastic i dab a small dot of testors glue on the model and let it stiffen a little this makes a small shelf for the pe to sit in/ on and then i use a toothpick to run green bottle ZAP between the part and the model For PE to PE bonds i lightly roughen the surface like jade suggested and then attach the part with a little ZAP, once that dries i run a bead of zap down the part with my Xacto blade. This works as a reinforcer.

Promethuem= I havnt started on the padlocks....yet. Im gluing it shut because the model isnt meant to be played with and the assembly is way too fragile to operate. Some PE makers go a little far and try to put little gimmics into their sets. The front fenders on this were optional for PE as well but i didnt bother with those since the plastic ones look just fine. Its a question of is the end result worth the frustration of bending and folding and hoping the part doesnt get sealed by glue.

I just finished most the turret construction and am diving into the PE latches for the bin in a few min. Thanks for the comments guys. the kit is great and im suprised how much i did yesterday. the pics above are just that days work.

Edited by HWR MKII

The padlock are 2 parts 1 is the body of it and thats made of styrene, i could sneeze and lose it forever. and the hoop of the lock is a preformed piece of PE that is as big as a pinhead.

Chaoswarrior, welcome to the boards! Is that the 1/144 2-in-1kit? Those are pretty decent little kits if you can find them for a good price. Yours looks good so far, but the pics are blurry. I hope to see some more soon. Keep up the progress! ;)

Specr0101, the valk is great, but I love the finish on the ghost! Those panels with different sheen or slightly different color really brings it to life!

Great job. Show us more! :D

Edited by jardann

Chaoswarrior, welcome to the boards! Is that the 1/144 2-in-1kit? Those are pretty decent little kits if you can find them for a good price. Yours looks good so far, but the pics are blurry. I hope to see some more soon. Keep up the progress! ;)

Thanks!

Yes, I bought 2 of them and regret I didn't buy the other ones as well :( at an auction. I think the price was rather fair, about $8 each. I'll try to take better pics when they're ready. If I don't get things right I borrow another camera or let someone else take the shoots. :)

ChaosWarrior

Methuss is pretty much all assembled :ph34r: (yeah I was slacking)

I'm thinking of making a base coat of metallic so that when I paint the yellow-orange on, it'll give off the "shiny" effect the MS had in Z Gundam's second opening...

A little worried about screwing it up though, as I likely won't be able to salvage it in the event of a mishap. <_<

Thanks for the comments guys!

The weathering is still much better on WMCHENG's Valk. I played with his excellents examples and techniques. I have still more to learn and improve upon.

As for the Ghost, the only panels done different from the rest of them was the 5 sensor panels on the nose. The Ghost was painted Tamiya Nato black for the slightly matt grey look. The panels were done flat back. Testors Acryl semi-gloss was applyed then it was lighty dulled further with Acryl matt.

wMTIyMjY2NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

If you're wondering why the exhaust pieces are missing, I'm still waiting on my Alclad order.

:(