What is lying on your workbench?

I used to work one project at a time.

Then I got into a crunch and started working two projects at once.

For a while I had 4 going at one time. And we're not talking worked on it and put it aside, I'm talking 4 spots on the workbenchs. Frak.

I blame it on Starship Modeler.

It's all thier fault.

I used to work one project at a time.

Then I got into a crunch and started working two projects at once.

For a while I had 4 going at one time. And we're not talking worked on it and put it aside, I'm talking 4 spots on the workbenchs. Frak.

I blame it on Starship Modeler.

It's all thier fault.

336893[/snapback]

Whenever I do more than 1 at a time, I end up NEVER finishing anything :( So now I try to stick to one at a time, but that one just ends up taking months to finish (I'm about to start Decal'ing my YF-21 that I started back in June...)

Yeah that's quite the reason why I don't start multiple projects. I might start multiple parts in a single kit, like when the cockpit is drying I'll start doing the wings etc, but the more you have, the more your mind is choosy on what to do, then it ends up as wasted time.

It does take a certain amount of displine. Working multiple projects. It also helps to have enough workspace that you can keep several models laid out at the same time.

I'm down to 2 right now.

That's right... something I learned a few years ago was that people make better decisions when they have less choices.

337038[/snapback]

True, but then to paraphrase an adage: "so many models, so little time". :D. My backlog's so huge, I gotta work on a few at a time or none of them will get done. Right now, I've got 5 in progress:

- Two Hasegawa Super VF-1A Fighters (DYRL Kakizake and mass production schemes) with armament and photo-etch details; both are ready for gloss coat and decals

- Hobbyfan recast of the Club-M VF-4 Fighter; 90% assembled and being painted

- Cutaway Starship Yamato (a simple kit, just for fun); currently assembling and painting the cutaway details

- Master Grade 08th MS Team Ball; currently painting the external armour

I find it nice to be able to work on one, set it aside when you have to wait for something to dry, set, etc., then keep working on the next.

The more you suffer the longer god lets you live. Having unfinished models causes me to suffer.

338334[/snapback]

Finding places to display finished models causes me the same. So I guess it all evens out. ;)

i'm working on a 21 cm high grendizer head for a month now

here the last image :

goldocons678jf.th.jpg

338207[/snapback]

That's awesome!!! Are you working from a set of plans? (like papercraft or something) or are you just winging it from references? Please keep us updated (or me at least :p ) on this project, I would love to see it completed. Got more pictures of the build-up? You have a build-up thread on another forum? (Like Ryuji's figure build-ups all over the place). One last thing, make me one!?! :rolleyes:;)

Goldorak and Captain Harlock are my all-time favorite childhood Anime series. In the early 80's, like in France, Quebec TV was playing french dubbed Grendizer and Harlock, not Robotech. My love of Macross came later, when I discovered Macross Plus, and SDF, in the mid 90's. My childhood is Robotech-Free!!! B))

That's awesome!!! Are you working from a set of plans? (like papercraft or something) or are you just winging it from references? Please keep us updated (or me at least :p ) on this project, I would love to see it completed. Got more pictures of the build-up? You have a build-up thread on another forum? (Like Ryuji's figure build-ups all over the place). One last thing, make me one!?!   :rolleyes:   ;)

Goldorak and Captain Harlock are my all-time favorite childhood Anime series. In the early 80's, like in France, Quebec TV was playing french dubbed Grendizer and Harlock, not Robotech. My love of Macross came later, when I discovered Macross Plus, and SDF, in the mid 90's. My childhood is Robotech-Free!!!  B))

338377[/snapback]

i've made the plans from references (screen shots) ;) i have several WIP posts in differents forums (it's in french) .

the original topic (25 pages long) with all the steps :

http://29843.aceboard.net/29843-1239-15316-0-Tete-goldo.htm

A shorter one :

http://www.dvdanime.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328

Edited by isamu_dyson

i've made the plans from references (screen shots) ;) i have several WIP posts in differents forums (it's in french) .

the original topic (25 pages long) with all the steps :

http://29843.aceboard.net/29843-1239-15316-0-Tete-goldo.htm

A shorter one :

http://www.dvdanime.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328

338447[/snapback]

Merci pour les liens, et le fait qu'ils soient en français n'est pas un problème, puisque je suis francophone!

Edited by Viceland

Completely off topic; just received news from Sean (HWRII). He's doing allright but is suffering from 'styrene denial' :p . Everything is fine and sends you all a warm hello.

338747[/snapback]

Yes, if you want to chat with Sean, head over to SSM. For some reason the firewall won't let him come here but will let him log on there. Hop on over and PM him. He'd appreciate it.

I felt pity for my Oberth as I had to see it on my shelf in its half-finished state every day. I thought if I want it finished I´d have to do it now - I´m almost there!

Added some shading and some decals - they come from an old ARII kit (as does the stand), the rest are unused decals from other kits.

Still some small parts to attach and the whole ship will get a flat finish.

post-2845-1130310873_thumb.jpg

Honneamise, That looks great!

Is that small stand sturdy enough to hold up the Oberth? I'd be afraid that it would tip easily! :o

Anyway, great work. Can't wait until I can start on mine. (along with several other kits :p )

Awesome job on the VF-4, Indigo!!  I'd love to see more

Same to you, Honneamise, excelent Oberth build-up!

339777[/snapback]

Indeed!

Indigo, that's the Retpuu kit, right? I have that kit but it's way back on my list. Kind of scared of building a vinyl kit maybe. Do you treat those like styrene and resin kits? or is there a totally different way of going at it?

electric indigo that´s a most elegant looking plane and very well built from what I can see. I´m looking forward to see more pictures of this beauty when finished.

Jardann - no, it´s not really the best stand possible for the kit but now that I have the engines attached it is kinda well balanced.

The stand itself -a standard one from an old ARII VF-1- is quite light but the heavy weight of the model is actually working in favour of it - it is not too easy to knock it over now if you don´t try too hard. Of course it is mounted on a steel rod to provide stability - I should use a bigger diameter but I didn´t want to drill a bigger hole into the hull.

I´ll mount the whole thing onto a bigger wooden, plain black base plate someday to secure it once and for all...

electric indigo that´s a most elegant looking plane and very well built from what I can see. I´m looking forward to see more pictures of this beauty when finished.

Jardann - no, it´s not really the best stand possible  for the kit but now that I have the engines attached it is kinda well balanced.

The stand itself -a standard one from an old ARII VF-1- is quite light  but the heavy weight of the model is actually working in favour of it - it is not too easy to knock it over now if you don´t try too hard.  Of course it is mounted on a steel rod to provide stability - I should use a bigger diameter but I didn´t want to drill a bigger hole into the hull.

I´ll mount the whole thing onto a bigger wooden, plain black base plate someday to secure it once and for all...

340093[/snapback]

Or you could get one of those new resin bases.

i'm working on a 21 cm high grendizer head for a month now

here the last image :

goldocons678jf.th.jpg

338207[/snapback]

That's awesome!!! Are you working from a set of plans? (like papercraft or something) or are you just winging it from references? Please keep us updated (or me at least :p ) on this project, I would love to see it completed. Got more pictures of the build-up? You have a build-up thread on another forum? (Like Ryuji's figure build-ups all over the place). One last thing, make me one!?! :rolleyes:;)

Goldorak and Captain Harlock are my all-time favorite childhood Anime series. In the early 80's, like in France, Quebec TV was playing french dubbed Grendizer and Harlock, not Robotech. My love of Macross came later, when I discovered Macross Plus, and SDF, in the mid 90's. My childhood is Robotech-Free!!! B))

338377[/snapback]

last update :

goldocons682ot.th.jpggoldocons691hj.th.jpggoldocons709yq.th.jpggoldocons718qk.th.jpg

I'm in the home stretch on my Fine Molds Slave 1. I did it in the Boba scheme, so I didn't use any of the existing decals. I also closed the side gun doors and kitbashed a cockpit that was more similar to the cockpit shown in Star Wars chronicles. I still have a fair bit of weathering to do, but here it is so far.

post-99-1130900501_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900517_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900527_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900542_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900558_thumb.jpg

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

I picked up the AMT/ERTL kit for $10... when is the last time I've picked up anything that inexpensive? Anyway, I didn't spend alot of time on this, but I had fun. I opened the "eyes" blaster shields and replaced the guns with scratchbuilt ones. I also added a couple greeblies here and there. For the base, I just cut some foam (the stuff you plant flowers in) and covered it with a mixture of white glue and water. Then I sprinkled on some baking soda for the snow. I did the diluted white glue and baking soda trick on the AT-ST too. The figures are from the miniatures series from Rebel Storm... at 34mm, they are about 1/54th, which is just about the scale of this AT-ST (it's definitely smaller than 1/48th ).

post-99-1130900629_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900640_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900650_thumb.jpg

post-99-1130900657_thumb.jpg

LTSO, nice Star Wars models.  Love the snow effect. 

BTW, I thought we frowned upon pics in sigs.  It's cool now?

341495[/snapback]

Thanks... and hopefully they'll let me keep the pic in the sig until the end of football season!

Nice job!!!! How did yopu paint the Slave 1? Love the AT-ST!

341495[/snapback]

As for painting the Slave 1, I did it in layers. I splattered liquid mask with a tootbrush. Worked pretty well for my first time!

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Hi guys!!! after compleating my F-16CJ, I had decided to finnish other in-progress kit that i have laying aroud here and there.

One of those kit was a F-14A Fujimi in 1/72, great kit by way!!!......

Kit is out of the box, I only add the FOD covers and made the seat belts with tamiya´s masking tape and tin foil.

Was painted with MM enamels and Humbrol enamels, and the weathering was done with W&N artiscts oils and enamels.

Well here are the pics, I hope you like it.

DSC03337.jpg

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

DSC03324.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

DSC03320.jpg

DSC03307.jpg