What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

just be careful when you're moving the main body around. Those little antennas don't touch anything else on the toy.

That's the problem. I'd barely touched the SDF. And I had been extra gentle with it from day one the moment I noticed those teeny things.

My finger simply brushed up against the antenna and it came off. The other antenna has that stress marked I mentioned. I havn't had a chance to look at the box to see whether this is caused by the packaging though.

• 3 weeks later...

Question for all you awesome dudes. I just got a v2 Super Ostrich. I think the canopy is misaligned. It looks slightly crooked when I look straight down on it, and it won't really close all the way. Is the little piece on top that holds the canopy hinge glued on? Because I think that piece has to be realigned. Is there a solution for this problem?

Question for all you awesome dudes. I just got a v2 Super Ostrich. I think the canopy is misaligned. It looks slightly crooked when I look straight down on it, and it won't really close all the way. Is the little piece on top that holds the canopy hinge glued on? Because I think that piece has to be realigned. Is there a solution for this problem?

Hi danth, the answer is yes that peice that holds the canopy is glued, here i show 2 images of the unassembled kit one showing the piece itself that keeps the canopy in place and an image of the assembly manual where it says in japanise (maybe someone from japan can translate that for us) to glue it, at least is what i realized when assembling the valk because that note is in every place where no screw is present. in my opinion is the same way the vt1 is holding the canopy even if the nose section is a diferent design.

hope this can help you with that if you try to remove it do it gently you dont want to damage the expensive vt1, in my vt1 that piece is perfectly aligned making it hard to remove.

post-12890-0-61074000-1311922055_thumb.jpg

post-12890-0-93877900-1311922581_thumb.jpg

Hi danth, the answer is yes that peice that holds the canopy is glued, here i show 2 images of the unassembled kit one showing the piece itself that keeps the canopy in place and an image of the assembly manual where it says in japanise (maybe someone from japan can translate that for us) to glue it, at least is what i realized when assembling the valk because that note is in every place where no screw is present. in my opinion is the same way the vt1 is holding the canopy even if the nose section is a diferent design.

hope this can help you with that if you try to remove it do it gently you dont want to damage the expensive vt1, in my vt1 that piece is perfectly aligned making it hard to remove.

Awesome, thanks for the help! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to mess with it...but I am, now I know what to do.

Actually, does anyone know the best glue for this kind of thing? Or a good way to get that piece off without breaking anything?

Edited by danth

Hi,

I did a foolish thing on my new VF-25S and put too much pressure on the shoulders and head in the transformation and I broke it. The piece is missing and I have the armored parts. How do I save my toy? Please help!

I throught I was the only one that part broken and go missing for a long time, still i havent fix that part yet but other place which got stress mark and broke a little already been fix by glue a little steel epoxy on it.

I'd actually try to keep them out of the heat as well. I've got an old GI Joe shuttle that was always kept in a box, but that box happened to be up in the garage attic, in central california. Over the years, it turned a nice shade of yellow on the more exposed surfaces.

Also, if at all possible, shelter them inside something else that's made of a dark plastic, or some other material that would absorb UV rays (cardboard doesn't cut it). I can't be sure that it will actually help, but the weird part about my shuttle? While the body of the shuttle turned yellow nearly all over, the little scout craft in the hangar bay is still a pristine white. Since it was sheltered by the solid black plastic doors of the bay, and surrounded by the dark gray interior, the only explanation I can come up with is that the other layers of plastic absorbed the UV and kept the plastic from yellowing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

erm, is there any way I can get replacement parts for Yamato SV-51 Gamma Ivanov Type? My two front canards broke and it has been bugging me (distinct feature in plane mode). Bought some time ago and was not able to get replacement parts for it.

That's probably the only design feature of the SV-51 I don't like, the canards are fixed. How'd you break them?

I'm just curious, has this happened to anyone else?

I contacted HLJ. They said they would try to get me a replacement from Yamato. Hopefully they are able to.

Yay! that's nice! I tried last October, the 27th and got an answer saying the service was suspended.

I'll give it one more try this evening (EU time) for the canopy and shoulders of my vt-1 because they clearly told you they were going to contact Yamato.

Nice post ;-)

Edit:

Couldn't wait tonight, I contacted them (again). ^_^".

Should go back to work now :-/

Edit 2:

Damn, I was too confident, the service is still down if used for an item not bought at hljs'. I should have say it was for my VF1-A Tv in the first place since the parts are common, that will teach me about being honest -_- .

At least the answer was fast, still a good point for them ^_^

Edited by Loute

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to get a 1/60 ver.02 VF-1A/J CF, how are the shoulder issues with those ?

The shoulders a fine, I just got the worse UN Spacy kite ever on my CF VF-1J :(

To display it in fighter mode I will have to use one of the included stickers just to hide it.

Ok, here is something I wasn't ready for.

My 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie has parts that are coming unglued. Little details like the thrusters in the shoulder, and the yellow bonnet arround the boot just fell off the right ankle.

Damn, Yamato, as much as we pay for these I am sure you can squander just a few more drops of glue to keep things in place. Now I have to really look over this beauty and make sure I don't loose anything before I glue everything in place.

:angry:

It's been a while since I posted anything here. Anyways, I recently got a 1/60 Kakizaki with super and strike parts bundle and noticed that the cockpit didn't have that nice tint to it. All of my other VF-1's have it though. Can I contact Yamato for the right canopy or not? :(

Confirmed, I believe they stopped the special coating on all releases after the Strike parts + releases of Roy and Hikaru.

Yeah, if you are buying one of the newer re-releases, they should have clear canopy and new hip connection. Personally, I preferred the tinted canopy, but I know there were some problems with them, like the tint flaking off, etc.