What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

As for HLJ's replacement policy, their HELP page states that: "...We will arrange to supply you with replacement parts or a new item (at our discretion) at no charge. In some cases we may request that you return the damaged item to us, but in these cases we will credit you for the postage you pay to do so. "

So did you get your replacement part, and did you manage to fix it? I'm anxious because my Nora is on the way from HLJ and I'm wondering what would happen should I get the same thing you got.

So did you get your replacement part, and did you manage to fix it? I'm anxious because my Nora is on the way from HLJ and I'm wondering what would happen should I get the same thing you got.

They still haven't replied yet, and it's been a month already. I thought I'd give HLJ ample time to get the parts for me, so they won't have an excuse saying it takes time to get parts from Yamato and what not. I'll send them an email next Monday and ask for an update. They'd better have my Nora's replacement parts shipped to me within the next two weeks.

I definitely think a month is ample enough time for HLJ to at least have the part on the way from Yamato to them, and then maybe another couple weeks for them to get it to you. Sucks that collectors have to worry about stuff like this. I know stuff happens beyond one's control, and I know collectors can sometimes be an impatient and annoying bunch, but it still blows having spent hard earned money only to get a lemon, and then having to wait weeks for said lemon to be repaired. Would have been nice if HLJ just sent you a new one, but considering the cost of the figure, I guess it's not really an option.

Edited by pud333

I definitely think a month is ample enough time for HLJ to at least have the part on the way from Yamato to them, and then maybe another couple weeks for them to get it to you. Sucks that collectors have to worry about stuff like this. I know stuff happens beyond one's control, and I know collectors can sometimes be an impatient and annoying bunch, but it still blows having spent hard earned money only to get a lemon, and then having to wait weeks for said lemon to be repaired. Would have been nice if HLJ just sent you a new one, but considering the cost of the figure, I guess it's not really an option.

Yeah, HLJ's general policy seems to be that as long as Yamato can scrounge up the necessary parts to replace the damage in your VF, they're not giving you a new one. The guy who replied said the only circumstances that would warrant a full replacement is when Yamato didn't have the necessary parts to send you, or if the figure is completely totaled.

I agree that for the kind of money we're paying, it just sucks that a collector ends up having to fix a busted up figure himself. And yeah, the wait for replacement parts gets really aggravating.

Admittedly, I wouldn't be nearly as upset if they'd be quicker in sending those parts.

Well, at least they would give you a new one if Yamato didn't have the parts. Would be nice if they just replaced it outright for you (even if you did have to send the broken one back), then they could repair it themselves and throw it up on the site as a refurbished one at a discount or something. I'm sure someone would pick it up. That way you'd only wait a couple of weeks. In the past, places like BBTS or Smalljoes have just replaced busted figures for me or sent me the missing parts whenever the toy was missing something. But I guess it's a different story when it's more than just a $10 toy and potentially overseas.

Edited by pud333

Well, at least they would give you a new one if Yamato didn't have the parts. Would be nice if they just replaced it outright for you (even if you did have to send the broken one back), then they could repair it themselves and throw it up on the site as a refurbished one at a discount or something. I'm sure someone would pick it up. That way you'd only wait a couple of weeks. In the past, places like BBTS or Smalljoes have just replaced busted figures for me or sent me the missing parts whenever the toy was missing something. But I guess it's a different story when it's more than just a $10 toy and potentially overseas.

Actually, I did try to negotiate for a complete replacement. They said if I really wanted to have the figure replaced, I'd have to pay for the figure's shipment (sending the busted one to them, AND for them to ship the new on to me.) Worse still, there's no guarantee that I'll get a brand new fig, because they said its up to Yamato to decide whether to repair it for me and then ship it back to me, or give me a new one.

Bottom line: if Yamato can get me the parts, which they usually can, then there's little to no chance of a brand new replacement.

That said, I understand that HLJ's just trying to run a business, and naturally they'd try to minimize absorbing any losses if possible. Still sucks to get an expensive lemon and have to fix it yourself, though. <_<

BTW, I just emailed them asking for an update. Hopefully, they'll reply by tonight.

Everyth

That said, I understand that HLJ's just trying to run a business, and naturally they'd try to minimize absorbing any losses if possible. Still sucks to get an expensive lemon and have to fix it yourself, though. <_<

Yeah man. Technically it's not their fault. At any rate, I just got my Nora in the mail today. Everything is perfectly fine on it except for the right wing being a bit floppy. It holds up just fine in Gerwalk, but in Fighter mode, if you turn it upside down, it flops all over the place. Ah well. No barrel rolls for me. I'm lucky I got a pretty good one. Everything else is super tight.

Yeah man. Technically it's not their fault. At any rate, I just got my Nora in the mail today. Everything is perfectly fine on it except for the right wing being a bit floppy. It holds up just fine in Gerwalk, but in Fighter mode, if you turn it upside down, it flops all over the place. Ah well. No barrel rolls for me. I'm lucky I got a pretty good one. Everything else is super tight.

Glad to hear you got a relatively good one, man.

BTW, still haven't gotten a reply from HLJ yet. Must be busy with the new sale and new "our price" system, which unfortunately does not include Yamato Macross merchandise. YF-19's not on sale, either, and VF-1A TV Kakizaki has been yet again discontinued. Damn their eyes.

If I still don't get a reply from the guy by Monday, I'll have to do what I did the last time and resend the email to the main trouble@hlj.com address and get someone else to pick it up and give me a update.

Waiting is aggravating, but being ignored is infuriating.

BTW, still haven't gotten a reply from HLJ yet. Must be busy with the new sale and new "our price" system, which unfortunately does not include Yamato Macross merchandise. YF-19's not on sale, either, and VF-1A TV Kakizaki has been yet again discontinued. Damn their eyes.

Waiting is aggravating, but being ignored is infuriating.

Yeah, what's up with that new pricing anyway? I'm assuming at some point the Yamato valks will end up on that eventually once they work their way through their inventory to it.

As for being ignored, that definitely sucks. I work in finance and I have a lot of clients, but I always get back to them even if the answer is, "I don't know. Give me a few days to look into it." Then after a few days, I follow up again, even if it's just to say, "Sorry, don't have any answer yet. I'll let you know when I do." I find that helps, when it comes to customer service. To be fair, whenever I've contacted HLJ, they've usually been good about responding back within a few business days.

Edited by pud333

Yeah, what's up with that new pricing anyway? I'm assuming at some point the Yamato valks will end up on that eventually once they work their way through their inventory to it.

As for being ignored, that definitely sucks. I work in finance and I have a lot of clients, but I always get back to them even if the answer is, "I don't know. Give me a few days to look into it." Then after a few days, I follow up again, even if it's just to say, "Sorry, don't have any answer yet. I'll let you know when I do." I find that helps, when it comes to customer service. To be fair, whenever I've contacted HLJ, they've usually been good about responding back within a few business days.

Yeah, I'm hoping Yamato merchandise are going to be part of that "our price" list soon too, since high-end Valks are the ones that REALLY need a discount right now.

As for the customer support guy, he replied two days later, promising to call Yamato's parts department and ask them what's the hold up. Well, at least it's good to know they're doing something about it.

There was this certain Japanese guy who was in charge with my VF-1D replacement parts, and after the first email reply, the dude totally ignored me for a whole month. After the third ignored email, I sent an update request to the main address at trouble@hlj.com. Someone else replied, and within two days, I got a shipping notice for the replacement parts.

Sorry guys, posted in the wrong thread before.

I have a problem in getting the cover to close on the hip bar for my 1/60 VF-0S, for battroid form. Anyone else encounter this problem, and how did you solve it?

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody recommend a good brand of spray/oil I can use to keep the rubber wheels on my Valks' landing gears from drying and splitting after a decade or two? I keep all my Valks in an air-conditioned room, which can create a rather dry atmosphere.

I've heard that Holts Rubber and Nylon Lubricant is pretty effective.

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My YF-21 Renewal Ver. has a canopy that will no longer stay open. Not sure if I messed something up when transforming the nose, noticed that the seat will go back to regular position once the nose is transformed for fighter/gerwalk. Hopefully didn't break something.

The nubs on the metal swing bars for the YF-21, that keep the nose locked down, do not provide enough tension on my Renewal Ver. I suspect mold degradation. Satisfied with my release but I think those of you with the initial release have a better toy.

• 3 weeks later...

Son of an ITCH!!! I've never had a problem with my VF-11's until now.

My brand new VF-11C has a hinge that just won't MOVE, the other side is just fine...what GIVES? :angry:

post-31-129420176393_thumb.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's like it's glued on. :(

it could be that some glue got worked into the hinge or maybe the hinge isn't in the proper spot? It looks straightforward to open that part up, the one screw for the wing pivot and two screws under the leg.

My 1/3000 Macross came with a defect. The knees of mine has inconsistent ratchets, with one knee clicks only when bending the leg backwards, while the other knee only clicks when straigtening the knee from the bent position, but not vice versa. Its as if one knee had the ratchet installed in reverse. Also, even when they click, they don't lock or hold the leg position as they do like the arms/elbows do. So they are a pair of ratchet knees that has inconsistent 'click', and work more like just a friction joint instead (with additional sounds). When looking at others' video reviews, the knees should normally click twice, once in each extreme position on the bending. Both knees on mine only click once somewhere in the middle. So looks like both knees were faulty or installed incorrectly...

I keep thinking of opening up the legs and fix the knees. But after looking at the scans of the leg assembly on the 1/2000 (which is very close to the 1/3000), it looks like a very complicated assembly with a good number of screws being covered up by layers and layers of parts. So looks like I have to live with this one, without trying to fix it then scratch or damaging some parts of a $400 toy. But if someone read this that had success opening the leg (painting the city), please give me some pointers on how you do it.

For the record, Yamatoed one more time.

See previous posts in the "Customs" section. Currently, there are three people who are in the process of customizing the 1/3000 SDF to various degrees.

Look these up and you should find more information than you need or deem helpful.

Sorry to hear about your QC issue. :(

Good Luck.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Thanks a lot. I found kyekye's thread. Really helpful indeed as he disassembled the entire 1/3000, showing all the parts. Now I get to see how the ratchet knee joint structure is, and know exactly what I need to disassemble in order to get to them. But also knowing what is involved, its very intimidating. Not only do I need to disassemble the entire 2 legs with lots of parts, it also need some prying on glued up thighs that even kyekye broke a part trying. This is going to be a very tough fix with very high risk..., so much as if I should even try at all. Sigh.

See previous posts in the "Customs" section. Currently, there are three people who are in the process of customizing the 1/3000 SDF to various degrees.

Look these up and you should find more information than you need or deem helpful.

Sorry to hear about your QC issue. :(

Good Luck.

Hi all,

this might be a stupid question, but is there another adapter for the Yamato Stand that I need to display a VF-22S Gamlin in Battroid mode other than the one that comes with it for that mode? I can see that the one that is used for Fighter/Gerwalk mode has the end that fits into the slot on the stand, but the adapter that is used for Battroid mode doesn't look like it will fit into the stand's slot without another piece.

I had been thinking of different possible ways to fix my VF-0S nose drop for a few days and I’m happy to say that, after reading the incredibly clever and straightforward method Chronocidal shared with us at http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33217&view=findpost&p=860058, I was able to fix it in a matter of about 10 minutes!

Now the nose stays in place well and level, with almost no gap behind the cockpit shield and a much more sturdy feeling. Thanks again, Chronocidal!!!

I have 2 questions for the experts here. I have a Yamato SV-51A that my son decided to smack onto the floor with a bear. The fin on the right wing snapped off and the right canard broke and flopped. I have applied gorilla glue to these to reattach them, but I am fearing that I will never be able to transform him again, does this sound like a sound precaution?

My second question has to do with a Yamato 1/60 YF-19 Bird of Prey release that I just received. The leg joint/LERX part will NOT connect flush with the main body of the toy, and if I try to push it in, it causes everything to flop all over the place. Is there a reasonable fix for this or some advice? Any help will be great as I LOVE this toy and can't believe I waited so long to get one.

Thanks!

Twich