What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

I was just looking over my 1/48 Hikaru VF-1A and noticed something that was a little disturbing. On BOTH air intakes where the screw goes there are stress cracks that have developed that I can only assume are the result of moving it's adjacent detented joint back and forth when converting between modes. I have been pretty gentle with this toy, and it has never been dropped, so I can't imagine where else thes cracks may have come from considering the stiffness of these detents (I don't even transform the thing excessively!!!) If they start to develop the the Fokker S-type that I just bought then I think I'll have to stop buying these. Does anyone else's 1/48(s) have this problem? The only other possibility that I can think of is that perhaps the screws that these cracks are near were tightened excessively when the toy was assembled... Bummer

I was just looking over my 1/48 Hikaru VF-1A and noticed something that was a little disturbing. On BOTH air intakes where the screw goes there are stress cracks that have developed that I can only assume are the result of moving it's adjacent detented joint back and forth when converting between modes. I have been pretty gentle with this toy, and it has never been dropped, so I can't imagine where else thes cracks may have come from considering the stiffness of these detents (I don't even transform the thing excessively!!!) If they start to develop the the Fokker S-type that I just bought then I think I'll have to stop buying these. Does anyone else's 1/48(s) have this problem? The only other possibility that I can think of is that perhaps the screws that these cracks are near were tightened excessively when the toy was assembled... Bummer

I have the VF-1a hiakru (1st edition) and the 1s roy (reissue) they both have stress marks on the right leg only... they seem pretty minor since my roy has it and I haven't transformed it too much, I'm wondering if the defect was made during maunfacturing...

I was just looking over my 1/48 Hikaru VF-1A and noticed something that was a little disturbing.  On BOTH air intakes where the screw goes there are stress cracks that have developed that I can only assume are the result of moving it's adjacent detented joint back and forth when converting between modes.  I have been pretty gentle with this toy, and it has never been dropped, so I can't imagine where else thes cracks may have come from considering the stiffness of these detents (I don't even transform the thing excessively!!!)  If they start to develop the the Fokker S-type that I just bought then I think I'll have to stop buying these.  Does anyone else's 1/48(s) have this problem?  The only other possibility that I can think of is that perhaps the screws that these cracks are near were tightened excessively when the toy was assembled...  Bummer

My intakes are cracked too on my Hikaru 1A. I'm going to go to the model shop and see if they have any of that PlastiWeld or whatever it was, and see if I can fix it with that. Testor's model cement did nothing. If I can't fix it then it will just stay if fighter mode permanently.

Edited by Anubis

...so am I the only one who thinks this is a REALLY big deal? I mean, the need to be careful is one thing, but a product that is unable to handle the stress of it's own designed function is another think entirely... I dunno, maybe I'm just being an alarmist. :unsure:

...so am I the only one who thinks this is a REALLY big deal? I mean, the need to be careful is one thing, but a product that is unable to handle the stress of it's own designed function is another think entirely... I dunno, maybe I'm just being an alarmist. :unsure:

QC problem I guess?

My Hikaru 1A's intake cracks:

Pic 1 Behold my piss-poor attempt to use model cement to fix it a while back. I'll remove what I can before I try my next option.

post-4-1074223741_thumb.jpg

Lest side came out much clearer

post-4-1074223769_thumb.jpg

I have transformed my Hikaru once, and now I checked it, I also have the stress crack but on the left leg intake.

Would it be a big problem eventually? as I was planning to transform it a lot in the future..

I can't imagine that it's a good thing... it's possible that the cracks formed during the plastic's drying process and are as bad as they're going to get... but it's still a little unsettling for buyers in America unable to take advantage of Yamato's product support. :(

How's this for a QC problem at Yamato. I just got a VF-11B with Fast Packs from hlj and the leg armors were completely missing. I can hardly believe yamato would actually let something this obvious make it out of the factory. Man am I pissed :angry:

Hey reaper, try emailing HLJ politely about ur missing part. They may try to order those parts from Yamato for you. Last year I got a Super 1/60 Hikaru and the arm tabs were missing and HLJ replace it for me free of charge.

Hope they will help you out.

How's this for a QC problem at Yamato.  I just got a VF-11B with Fast Packs from hlj and the leg armors were completely missing.  I can hardly believe yamato would actually let something this obvious make it out of the factory.  Man am I pissed  :angry:

Hey reaper, try emailing HLJ politely about ur missing part. They may try to order those parts from Yamato for you. Last year I got a Super 1/60 Hikaru and the arm tabs were missing and HLJ replace it for me free of charge.

Thanks I did just what you said. I'm just worried that yamato isn't sending out replacement parts anymore. Seems like I heard something to that effect somewhere. How long did it take you to get your parts?

How's this for a QC problem at Yamato.  I just got a VF-11B with Fast Packs from hlj and the leg armors were completely missing.  I can hardly believe yamato would actually let something this obvious make it out of the factory.  Man am I pissed  :angry:

Thanks I did just what you said. I'm just worried that yamato isn't sending out replacement parts anymore. Seems like I heard something to that effect somewhere. How long did it take you to get your parts?

About 3 weeks for HLJ to get the parts, and another 2 weeks for me to receive it.

I was worried too when I emailed HLJ as I read from the boards that some people were not able to order parts from Yamato via HLJ.

Good Luck with HLJ, hope you get your parts soon.

This isn't really a repair question, but it's a minor problem I'm having with my 1/48.

I decided to put a few stickers on it to make it look better, but I suck at putting them on so it'll only be a few.

One of them, of course, would be to cover up the big white spot on the side of the nose. Are the instructions telling me to put both stickers 14 (the kite) and 15 (some kind of white/clear thing) on at once? Do I put 14 then 15? This is confusing me to no end.

(The Valk in the sticker page is a 1/60, I find that humorous.)

Are parts from Yamato obtainable for anything? Or are you only able to get parts missing due to QC problems?

B-

I am not to sure about that. From what I recalled some members were successful in ordering parts from HLJ and some were not. The funny thing about it as well is that I remembered some members did received an email informing them that HLJ was not able to order the parts they requested from Yamato, but after a while they received an email stating that the parts they ordered have been shipped.

for all those with something lose, whether it be the air intake, the small single missiles for the FP's or or big missiles for the wings or anything else that won't stay shut or on... 2 words......

FUN TAC!

try it on those pesky little missiles for the FP's that keep falling out. i tried someones "piece of paper" trick but it doesn't hold well or for too long. and elmers glue is nice but its glue and i dont' like glue plus it smell like shite!

i also used some for the large missiles for the wings. they have those two square slots that if you take a breath near them the missiles fall off. the fun-tac's holding it nice.

the air intake was driving me nuts, i thought about using tape, but tape usually leaves some funky residue and $130 a pop, i dont' want a stain on my valk.

anyhow, give it a whirl, fun tac is pretty cheap and easy to remove. and they sell it in all types of colors so you can match the paint job to a certain degree as well.

now my problem,

my TV style hands won't stay on my 1/48 VF-1J. the gunpod hand is alright, but its the open hand one that doesn't stay on. the peg is too thin and doesn't provide enough fricition for it to stay in place. :( basically, i have to have the valk raise his hand in order for it to stay on. i can't use fun-tac because it gonna be too hard to remove if i packed into that tiny hole.

any suggestions???

also my gunpod won't stay on either forearm of the 1/48 VF-1J at all. i tried using a different gunpod, but its the same deal. the pegs that hold the gunpod are too big for the tiny little hole in the gunpod grip. i guess i could shave it down but i hoping theres another solution that wouldn't end in horror.

any suggestions???

thanks in advance for your hepl fellas. :)

TV info-mercial(MIC the tv-style):

Peg too small? Parts falling off all the time? Then you need miracle-gro nail-polish! One thin coat of the stuff and it'll tighten those pesky joints right up!!! Comes in multiple colors to brighten up your day! All this can be your's for a 3 monthly payment of $99,99,99 !!!!!

or you could raid your wife/gf's accessories but that could look bad. :ph34r:

you got a sale but i won't pay more than $88,88,88 !!!!! ;):lol:

thanks for the info. :) and btw, i got some good news.....

i just saved 10% on my car insurance with geico. :lol:

okay seriously,

i still have the non-mounting gunpod issue. :(

and the nail polish trick isn't going to help for this one. since its the pegs are too big or the hole for the peg in the gun grip is too small.

any suggestions about that one?

you need to make the hole bigger... but be careful. Make sure you do it in VERY SMALL increments or you might end up with the opposite problem and the you have to do the whole nail polich thing. WHich I can't stand going to the store for. :rolleyes:

Dammit... anyone has a fix for loose airbrakes??? any specific spot to put the nail polish or something...

This is pissing me off... All of the ones I bought lately has the same issue. Starting with the Hikaru VF-1S, both reissues 1A and 1S and the couple of 1Js I have.

Yamato, if your listening... please fix this!!! It sucks!

I know people are gonna reply with the old "I have no problem with mine" but I think those people are the lucky few. Too consistent on my part.

Also, give us the goddamn new pilots if you're gonna do improvements. (Hell, too late now! :angry: )

***Rant mode off***

yeah I still love them and as pissed as I am, I realize it a minor defect. But I'm hoping that they could realize that this is a defect and get rid of it.

cry baby :lol::D:rolleyes:

This has probably been answered countless times, but i couldn find the thread,

didn't want to start a new thread, so i'm asking it here... would appreciate any help

Q. How do i get the arms of my 1/48 to stay up in Fighter Mode when FAST packs are attached?... i can only keep them up.. but there's no way to click it or fasten it in place, is there?

thanks so much!

hi,

i posed my vf-1a max 1/48 in battroid mode with the wings spread open and attached the 4 missle pods on them. the left wing wouldn't stay up w/ the two pods.

no problem with the right though.

anyone else have this problem?

guess its not really a big deal but it is a tad annoying.

Dammit... anyone has a fix for loose airbrakes??? any specific spot to put the nail polish or something...

This is pissing me off... All of the ones I bought lately has the same issue.  Starting with the Hikaru VF-1S, both reissues 1A and 1S and the couple of 1Js I have.

Yamato, if your listening... please fix this!!!  It sucks!

I know people are gonna reply with the old "I have no problem with mine" but I think those people are the lucky few.  Too consistent on my part.

Also, give us the goddamn new pilots if you're gonna do improvements.  (Hell, too late now! :angry:  )

***Rant mode off***

yeah I still love them and as pissed as I am, I realize it a minor defect.  But I'm hoping that they could realize that this is a defect and get rid of it.

cry baby :lol::D:rolleyes:

LOL... wait til you get to play around with yours...

Not really a problem....more like a question.

But I've seen pictures that some have posted and their 1/48 valk's stickers look....not like stickers. I mean, the transparent parts don't even seem to be there. Example, the UNSPACY sticker on the gunpod, looks like it was painted on, not sticked on where if you use the stickers provided by Yamato, you can see quite clearly the transparent parts. Do you guys use alternative stickers/decals?

ANd I can't for the life remmeber where I posted this, but some dude's custom with fastpacks, had white "Beware of Blast" stickers on them, where Yamato supplied black ones which can't be seen. Where do I get those "easier to see" stickers? Thanks.

PS: and what exactly is this "chair-like-thingy" which comes with the 1/48 fastpacks that I'm supposed to attach to the Battroid's backpack area.

Edited by wolfx

Not really a problem....more like a question.

But I've seen pictures that some have posted and their 1/48 valk's stickers look....not like stickers. I mean, the transparent parts don't even seem to be there. Example, the UNSPACY sticker on the gunpod, looks like it was painted on, not sticked on where if you use the stickers provided by Yamato, you can see quite clearly the transparent parts. Do you guys use alternative stickers/decals?

ANd I can't for the life remmeber where I posted this, but some dude's custom with fastpacks, had white "Beware of Blast" stickers on them, where Yamato supplied black ones which can't be seen. Where do I get those "easier to see" stickers? Thanks.

PS: and what exactly is this "chair-like-thingy" which comes with the 1/48 fastpacks that I'm supposed to attach to the Battroid's backpack area.

Again, Twin Moons or Valkyrie Exchange both have the better stickers, for the reg 1/48's, the fast packs, and the custom Low-Vis stickers.

The "chair thingie" reinforces the backpack for the extra weight the boosters add. It inserts behind the head in battroid.

AHh...so it IS the Takatoy stickers.....thanks.

You have to cut them with scissors, right?

With scissors or an exacto knife I guess. I haven't tried it yet myself. Yet.

I am not to sure about that. From what I recalled some members were successful in ordering parts from HLJ and some were not. The funny thing about it as well is that I remembered some members did received an email informing them that HLJ was not able to order the parts they requested from Yamato, but after a while they received an email stating that the parts they ordered have been shipped.

For those of you wondering about the availability of Yamato parts I just checked my account on HLJ and in the "orders just shipped" section is an entry for "Yamato Parts." So I guess you can still get parts through HLJ. The strange thing is they didn't drop me an email or anything to let me know the parts shipped. But I don't care as long as I get my leg armor pieces for my VF-11B FP. I'll let everyone know when the parts get here.

Received my takatoys stickers from tmp. W00ts! So I started peeling them yamato stickers, that's when I realise, SOME of them I only peeled off the top layer. Apparently the Yamato stickers have a top layer which looks very visible if stuck to the plastic, but it can be removed and makes the sticker less visible on the seams. Did anyone know about this?

I found it really hard to take out this layer for most of the stickers though while my real intent was to just peel those yamato stickers off. Its very random that I manage to peel just the layer, and not the whole sticker itself.