What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

Hi... I can help you with at least a few of your problems...

For the ankle, it's possible you just have a loose joint (it happens)... and the easiest thing to do is probably to unscrew the leg and apply some clear nail-polish to the ankle joint where it is loose... I'd offer more help on how to do this, but I've honestly never taken a 1/48 apart.

For the curved wing part, easiest thing to do is set it on something flat and heat resistant (wood block, stone counter-top, ...) and heat the part up with a hair dryer until it gets just saggy enough to be pliable, and straighten the part out... put something like a heavy book on top while it cools to keep it straight.

For the chestplate, you have to push the chestplate down and in in a bit, and then it should lock right in...

Hi there,

Just to let you know, people are not going to appreciate that you posted in so many other threads but it did get my attention. I am no expert but I think I have some input to some of this.

2. the flap on the wing is moveable, just move it upwards to fix.

4. the chestplate does snap in just push a little harder but not hard enough to break it. Take a look at your transformation manual (yes, I know it is in Japanese) to look at the photos to make sure that you have everything lined up.

as for 1. Are you saying that it is not loose in the non closed position? and for 3. I cant remember and mine is posed in fighter mode in a pose that I do not want to mess with so I am not going to check right now but, I think that the thumbs may be just like that. You can go ahead and customize as you wish but just be aware of your skill level and the price of the figure before messing too much with it.

Hope this helps.

Hey pals I just got my first 1/48 (a Focker 1S) and I have a few questions/problems.

1-The left foot lies a little loose when it's totally closed for fighter mode, in fact when I first transformed the toy that ankle don't angle at all. Now the ankle angle very well but the foot is still loose in the full closed position, is that normal?

2-The flap on the left wing it's a little curved downwards, how can I fix that?

3-The thumb in the left hand (this seems like a joke) don't move at all, I think it's glued or somethig but what can I use to remove the glue without damaging the plastic.

4-And finally, when I transform the valk to battroid mode the chestplate don't attach at all to the rest of the toy, am I skipping some step or something?

Please help this 1/48 newbie.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
:huh: Cheap Yamato factory didn't fully glue my YF-19 FP leg on. Trying to figure out what's the best kind of glue I should use on that part of the toy, I'd prefer not to use crazy glue or something of the likes since those tend to get dry and break off easily, and since that part is under continuous stress, that fix wouldn't last too long. Having a few other issues that are bothering me on my 19, like the left shoulder part that doesn't hold really well when folded up and the right wing being too loose in battroid mode. the last two are minor problems, but the leg is somewhat unforgivable since it makes the toy too loose in fighter and gerwalk mode, not to mention making me wonder when the leg is going to pop causing the toy to fall down and probably damage the rest that's, so far, holding pretty well. <_<

1. Open the part.

2. Apply a thin coat of Plastic Weld (in orange bottle with brush applicator), on the parts were you want it to seal.

3. Press parts together. Not to hard though, the Plastic Weld actually softens the plastic. So you don't want to end up with warped parts.

4. Put everything else back together.

5. All done.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

The little plastic hinge, behind the head, that connects to the back pack just came off my 1/48.

Any suggestions on what to do now? I can get it back on, barely, but it certainly won't support the backpack at all.

1. Apply a thin film of crazy glue, using a gel type, on the nubs where the parts connect (on the traspezoidal plate).

2. Make sure you leave the glue to dry for at least 24 hours. This will ensure the glue has completely bonded and dried.

3. Then carefully repace the part.

4. All done.

the right hand has a "developing crack" at the pin joint of the index finger - its not broken but from the looks of it, it will after a few twists and turns on the hands.

alpha_3043.jpg

alpha_3045.jpg

I just got mine yesterday with the exact same problems with the hands.

Edited by mriboy

How do I put the VF-0 backpack up? It's kinda stuck halfway.

If you are having the same problem as I was previously when I owned a VF-0...then.....but your finger on the bottom of the hinge that connects the backpack to the rest of the fig and push that up. If it is stuck "half way" then that part your putting your finger on should be slightly angled and not horozontal. I hope this helps. :ph34r:

It's stuck like this post-1819-1199476262_thumb.jpg

Yep....my solution should work......press up gently on the part I circled

im001033.jpg

There should be a little slot for it to snap into to.

Edited by misterryno

Ok, so it's supposed to be almost perpendicular to the body. And the other hinge doesn't move at all, right?

The hinge that is closet to the back pack does not go anymore......the hinge that is closer to the body does go more. The backpack itself is almot perpendicular once done.

EDIT-----> Take a pic when all done please and I can then tell you for sure if it is right. THANKS

Edited by misterryno

I was able to get it right, thank you. I guess I'm just used to the 1/48 VF-1's hinge.

RIGHT ON.......yeah I was too....and then I said F it......if I do it and it breaks I will know that it's not supposed too....and then it worked ^_^

someone better post up a pic before this guy breaks his VF-0.

VF5SS,

the backpack hinge tends to be fragile, i'd wait to see some pics before going any further.

VF5SS got it.....at least they said they got it....LOL....I hope they did.

• 2 weeks later...

post-7019-1200242857_thumb.jpgpost-7019-1200242880_thumb.jpgpost-7019-1200242811_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if this should get a sticky or not. But since we're starting a NEW Toys section this should be important. If you have ANY problems with your 1/48 line, then feel free to post as required.

VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo

VF-1A Maximilian Jenius

VF-1S Roy Focker

VF-1A Low-Visibility

For future releases.

1/48 Super/Strike Fast Pack Upgrades

VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo (SDF: Macross)

is there anything wrong with the vf-1s 25th aniversary and what are its improvments

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!I just broke that little edge on the B1 part on my 1/60 vf-1a hikaru which is supposed to keep the nose on one level with the body in gerwalk and fighter mode!!!I tried gluing it but theres to much pressure on it and it breaks right off again when transforming it!

Im repainting the vf-1a in lowviz style and planed to display it in fighter mode,i really need that part and hope someone can help me get a new one!maybe someone has made a recast or some leftover parts of a old broken 1/60!?

please help!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The right shoulder on my VF-0A is floppy....I know nail polish tends to fix some joints, but will it work alright with something ball jointed?

Also....heh the console on the cockpit snapped off real easy .....man I'm really missing my old VF-0S right now....so I gotta glue that sucker back on somehow....I gotta find some tweezers.

My Vf-s1 came with a missing right hand. Just got the thing, this is the first problem I had after three 1/48s. Any way of getting another right hand?

I think there is someone on the boards who sells replacement parts. honestly with a 1/48 you're better off getting the TV style hands which is really easy to switch out from the limp tiny ones.

Edited by Hikuro

Hi guys,

Does anybody here experience breaking the control panels in the cockpit from its connection to the seat of the VF-0? is yamato selling a replacement part in the cockpit assembly area? appreciate your advise. thanks!

• 1 month later...

I had that happen to my VF-OS and just super glued the thing back on. The trick is not to apply pressue where the panel meets the seet...

As for the shoulders on the VF-OA...mama mia....same thing happened to me - utter bummer - hope it's a factory defect....

The last time a Yammie did something like that was the VF-11B 1/72 scale from way back...

Maybe grey fighters are cursed?

Not to be a pouter - I congratulate Yamato for a perfect - and I do mean perfect- SV-51 Nora.

VFTF1