1:48 GBP Armor: with or without a Valkyrie?

Chet

Would you buy the 1:48 GBP Armor if it only packaged with a Valkyrie?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the 1:48 GBP Armor if it only packaged with a Valkyrie?

• Heck yeah! I'll buy it in whatever form it takes!
    • Maybe. It will depend on what Valkyrie it came with.
    • No. I'll only buy it if its just the armor.

I don't know if all the details of the armor's release are already set in stone, but what if Yamato releases it in the same manner as the TV FAST Packs? Would it be okay with you if you could only get it as part of an "Armored Valkyrie" package?

No. I'll only buy it if its just the armor.

Besides, it's the only reason I picked up Hikaru's VF-1J without any Fast Packs. I knew it'd only be a matter of time before Yamato release the GBP Armor in 1/48 scale.

Welcome to the MW Forums Chet. :D

I already have 2 of the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J, so I don't really need or want another one.

I'd prefer to buy the GBP armor by itself, not bundled together with a Valk.

Of course, if Yamato release the armor together with a never before released 1/48 variant, for example a VF-1A Cannon Fodder, then I would buy it.

Graham

i would buy it packaged with a valk only if it is not hikaru's 1j or any of the others that were released.

i bought a super 1j, took the armor off and gave it to the 1s (super tv-hikaru)

so i have a plain hikaru 1j waiting for armor.

or pack it with a TV Max VF-1A!!!

Edited by Chowser

I already have the Hikaru 1J, so I would prefer the armor only.

Of course, if Yamato release the armor together with a never before released 1/48 variant, for example a VF-1A Cannon Fodder, then I would buy it.

Graham

Great idea, Graham. I doubt we'll see it though. :(

I hope they pack it with a VF-1S Hikaru or maybe a 1S low-viz :D

Since I missed out on the super armor, I wish Yamato would release like a limited edition Super Duper Armor Bundle Pack! That comes with valk, super armor and GBP armor. That would be so awesome... sigh, but thats wishful thinking.

Edited by Osean

I am definetelly getting two GBPs. One for custom.

So I will need an extra VF, if they sell a set of valk and armor, I am getting one, I just hope they wont ONLY sell it in that way, the armor set alone is gonna be arround USD 100, so I dont wanna imagine the price of the set.

Not getting it. I'm out of room for toys, and I haven't even gotten a Q-Rau yet. And I'm not that much a fan of the GBP, so the 1/60 version is good enough for me.

So I didn't vote, but I think Yamato's smartest move would be to sell the GBP both alone and packaged with a Valk that can't be gotten by itself, such as a 1A CF.

I didn't buy a 1J when it was super cheap just because I expected the armor to come with it in a bundle when it finally gets released.... I still have my fingers crossed. I have a RF 1S with strike parts and a LV I like naked so I wouldn't have any reason to buy the armor unless I could land a 1J or comparable other 1/48 with it... here's to hoping we see some re-issues! (or some new ones like a TV Max or CF)

ah, i can talk all the BS i want, i have 3 super 1J's and i'll probably end up buying the armor and the bundled set.....how else are you suppose to get the cool box? :lol: BTW, i'm the dumbass that bought the regular 1J just to keep the blue box. :p

1st super 1J, armor goes to LV#1, 1J get sacrificed for the 1D project.

2nd super 1J, armor goes to TV roy, 1J planning to sport fulcys armored gerwalk project.

3rd super 1J, armor stays on 1J or goes to LV#2 depending. 1J gets outfitted with the TH armor if that gets made.

4th 1J GBP, stay as is.

GBP armor only, goes to LV#3.

well thats my plans so far. :D

ah, i can talk all the BS i want, i have 3 super 1J's and i'll probably end up buying the armor and the bundled set.....how else are you suppose to get the cool box?  :lol:  BTW, i'm the dumbass that bought the regular 1J just to keep the blue box.  :p

1st super 1J, armor goes to LV#1, 1J get sacrificed for the 1D project.

2nd super 1J, armor goes to TV roy, 1J planning to sport fulcys armored gerwalk project.

3rd super 1J, armor stays on 1J or goes to LV#2 depending.  1J gets outfitted with the TH armor if that gets made.

4th 1J GBP, stay as is.

GBP armor only, goes to LV#3.

well thats my plans so far.  :D

you have way too many 1/48s. you need to donate some to me. :)

Not to be a whiney little jerk, but I wish people would put a little more time/effort into figuring out the best possible poll questions.

This poll could have definitely used the following possible answers:

• Yes, I will buy it with a valkyrie, as long as the valkyrie is a previously unreleased one (CF, etc.)
  • Yes, I will buy it even if it comes with a previously released valkyrie (Hikaru 1J, etc.)

You get the idea. Again, I don't mean to nit-pick, but a poll is only as usefull as the questions it asks. . .

H

Oh, and to answer the question at hand, I think it will depend what valk it ships with. The only 1/48 scale that I own is a low-viz (that is currently in need of a BP8 replacement). I'd love to try out the GBP armor on it, but in general I prefer the low-viz in fighter mode. Therefore, I would need another 1/48 to wear the armor anyway. I'm not all that concerned about it being anime accurate on a vf-1j. whichever one looks the coolest is fine with me. If Yamato wants to make the most money, they should release the armor at first bundled with a cannon fodder 1a. The fairest strategy to the fans and their bottom line would be to release it bundleed w/ a cf and as a standalone armor at first, then after a delay they should release the cf as a standalone. that way, they'll cover all bases: the hardcore collectors w/ multiple valks, the poor collectors like me who want to get the most for their money, and the moderate fan who would just want the cf.

<sigh> i need more cash.

i bought a super 1j, took the armor off and gave it to the 1s (super tv-hikaru)

so i have a plain hikaru 1j waiting for armor.

I did exactly the same thing :D .

Graham

Done that as well. I would get more valks with the armor. Why? Because I do a lot of customization especially the 2-seater project capt america is working on.

This is totally pointless since we know it will be released at 8000yen alone.

Where did you hear that price?

I haven't seen any price mentioned in relation to the 1/48 GBP yet.

Graham

they got it from here

yamato_001_3.jpg