Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Oh, are you saying the transforming sound in the movie is really some sort of Cybertron language that means "I am transformed"? :wacko:

Its a joke - Beast Machines had a heavy religious, well TF religious and spiritual theme of TFs concentrating and saying the mantra 'I am Transformed!' to transform. It's as dorky as it sounds.

Its a joke - Beast Machines had a heavy religious, well TF religious and spiritual theme of TFs concentrating and saying the mantra 'I am Transformed!' to transform. It's as dorky as it sounds.

Yeah, it was all supposed to be very zen. It was fun & fairly well-thought out for a TF series. It was more plot driven than new toy driven, in part b/c the toys didn't come out until the show was almost over. The Maximals couldn't just transform at first, they had to reflect, be a peace and find the Maximal within. That was corny. And it defeated Megatron's plan to remove the organic from the TF's. Didn't agree with that. But it brought us 3 of the coolest TF's ever: Obsidian, Tankorr & Thrust.

Back to the Movie - the small toys look like poo, but the large OP looks pretty nifty.

I know, I was just being sarcastic. And yep, the Beast Machine "I Am Transformed" was a bit over the top.

I don't think it looks like Megs either. I actually think he kinda looks like a reject from Power Rangers or some generic anime fighting robots game. Prime is okay, the toys look WAY better than the CG renders b/c they actually have lots of alt mode kibble visible. Overall though, this movie just isn't shaping up to be too Transformers-ish. At the very least, the team could have used correct heads for crying out loud!

I was thinking recently that I might give the movie a chance, even though I didn`t like the idea of changing the designs at first.

I know most of the 80`s design won`t fit n the movie but at least I wish they kept Convoy/Prime alt based on G1 truck and Megatron on a Earth vehicle .

Don`t forget this is the first official movie about transforming robots, if does well at the box-office (I know it will) I won`t surprised if HG begs hollywood for live action you know what ...

• 2 weeks later...

uhhhh

ok, while I get how having the eyes like a camera lens makes more sense, those pieces that define the eyelids just make him look droopy (too many energon bongrips?)

I'd be fine with them just having light up eyes. I guess the complicated eyes are so they can emote, but we can tell machines are on by lights. And we can tell machines are communicating by blinking lights.

In the Transformers animated movie having their eyes turn off when they died was pretty effective.

But now I guess surviving comrades can put their hands over the fallen and close their lids....

Aww...How touching and More Than Meets The Eye

[attachmentid=39907]

post-515-1169800007_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Wow that is so cool. I hope they keep this up.

These are some nice features for a Transformer.

Who'd have that the ONLY way to express emotions were with a proper set of "eye brows/lids" :huh:

Honestly though, this seriously looks like Crap. :wacko:

man... i'm gonna have to say those novelty glasses with springy eyeballs would've been much better :lol:

maybe a muppet would've been a better design choice. the same physics apply, so why not ? :lol:

EDIT:

the deluxe toys are actually pretty decent, they capture the spirit of trannies so much better.

between the 2 primes, i think i'm gonna have to go with the takara engineered one, the one with the battery box (at least i think it's from takara).

but the goofy head's gotta go

Edited by UN_MARINE

It`s great to see the leaked eBay prototypes look nothing like the film characters. Just keeping with tradtion of dumbed up and smothed over kids toys that so many Toy MF`s do. the Mega Prime looks alright Hopfully it will be available and of a good size the wheels dont look right so maybe someone will do garage based proper replacements.

As for if the film does well, You kinda know that HG will jump on the bandwagon, eaither that or we will see dozens of Tf Clone movies or some such related tosh. Maybe we could get a Gundam movie that looks good ??!!

Part of the problem is that Prime has "super single" wheels and tires, which are a new thing for semis. They look weird in real life, and I'm 99% sure they were specifically chosen for Movie Prime due to the fact that it means there's 4 less wheels to deal with.

PS--anyone know of good pics of Movie Prime in truck mode? Something besides the first "running through the desert with bushes in the foreground" pic?

Let's face it, if we saw Megatron as some giant transforming hand gun on the big silver screen we'd all think it was pretty frakkin' LAME!!! Maybe I'd buy a big ass mobile cannon at best. Think about it!!! How lame was it when he was transforming in mid air while firing away?

Very true. I've wished they would make a "new" take on G1 Megs robot while changing his alt mode. The gun was always silly but he would make a perfect artillery piece.

Why would his "scope" turn into a cannon for robot mode anyway? :ph34r:

Part of the problem is that Prime has "super single" wheels and tires, which are a new thing for semis. They look weird in real life, and I'm 99% sure they were specifically chosen for Movie Prime due to the fact that it means there's 4 less wheels to deal with.

PS--anyone know of good pics of Movie Prime in truck mode? Something besides the first "running through the desert with bushes in the foreground" pic?

Actually, if you look carefully at the CG bot mode pics.. he does have 10 wheels rather than 6.

The outer wheels on the rear break apart and slide over the inner wheels.

Rather impossible to replicate on a leader class toy.

post-4752-1170140511_thumb.jpg

post-4752-1170140560_thumb.jpg

I always liked the idea of Megatron as a tank. It's a logical extension of the whole "turn into a gun" thing, as a tank basically is a mobile gun. Plus it's an actual vehicle so it would be possible to do something on his own.

You could also pull off a very G1 Megatronesque design with an A-10 as the basis.

It's already grey, features a big cannon (the entire gun assembly is bigger than a VW Beetle) and lends itself pretty well for a BW Megatron type of transformation.

Is the "wheels splitting and sliding" a sure thing, or just a guess by someone? Because if they want to hide wheels in bot mode, just having fewer wheels is a lot easier, and why else have such customized, tight-fitting, full-style rear fenders if for no other reason than to hide the 'strange' look of super-single rears from the audience etc?

The way they optioned out the truck, you couldn't tell what style (or number) of rear wheels Prime has. (and it's so weird I didn't even recognize it at first, then kicked myself because it's the type I'm most familiar with--it's that "off" from typical specs/options that many of the clues as to what model it is are "wrong") So why not just go the easy way and simply have fewer wheels? You can't see them in truck mode, and you can't see them in bot mode. So why have 4 extra?