Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

dude that looks exactly like the mcdonalds toy i got years ago

i do concept work and i also do some mech design (it's ok i'm pro) and seriously this is flat out insulting.

this has seriously ruined my month. <_<

it is just terrible how bad these things look. i cannot begin to show my utter lack of faith in the whole failed abortion that the new movie is starting to look like...

god i feel ill. :wacko:

Surely you've never overstated anything in your entire life!

I haven't seen the whole trailer, just some of the screencaps at the 2005 boards etc. SS seemed to be chasing a CGI Hornet that also had blue afterburners. What, are they using Star Wars or Ace Combat as reference? (and the few blue afterburners out there, are not that shade of blue at all---I'm sure you've all stared at a lit match and seen the blue in it--it's that color, almost a purple-blue)

I haven't seen the whole trailer, just some of the screencaps at the 2005 boards etc. SS seemed to be chasing a CGI Hornet that also had blue afterburners. What, are they using Star Wars or Ace Combat as reference? (and the few blue afterburners out there, are not that shade of blue at all---I'm sure you've all stared at a lit match and seen the blue in it--it's that color, almost a purple-blue)

Dont mess with David he knows his stuff...

I just hope some of the humies get stomped that will make it for me. Starscream has to be cool or its not worth watching.

I go bored last night so I shopped this up to use as a screen backdrop.

Just stretch it or add it to a black background.

[attachmentid=39175]

post-3178-1166721689_thumb.jpg

The movie looks interesting in its own right if you do not try and relate to TF-G1. Ill go watch it in the movies because the nerd in me tells me too. My only dissappiontment is some of the CGI looks CGI. I was hoping they would step that up.

My only fears are that they will turn this into a love story, or this movie will end up like recent Godzilla movie. NOOOOOOOOO! :angry:

So far I like the scene with the CH-53 Helicopter. The military commander "we will kill you". Then the chopper transforms and walks right through the commanders threat and blows everthing up. Now thats a decepticon!

Was that Megatron coming out of the swimming pool? It would have been great if he stepped on that little girl like an ant. Maybe not. :ph34r:

My only fears are that they will turn this into a love story, or this movie will end up like recent Godzilla movie. NOOOOOOOOO! :angry:

That has got to be the best quote of the entire year!

So far I like the scene with the CH-53 Helicopter. The military commander "we will kill you". Then the chopper transforms and walks right through the commanders threat and blows everthing up. Now thats a decepticon!

I wanted to puke when I saw that. He's not even partial transformed and he's blowing up stuff magically! That scene by itself VOIDS any type of weapon the TF's 'make' later in the movie and also VOIDS the movies written ending.

Was that Megatron coming out of the swimming pool? It would have been great if he stepped on that little girl like an ant. Maybe not. :ph34r:

I don't believe that's Megs. I think that you see a "raw" TF Autobot after it's crash.

First off the most recent Godzilla movie Gojira Wars Final is probably the most awesome film in the Gojira franchise! I mean he tosts the american Gojira in about 30 seconds that alone made it worth watching, that and the movie had a really decent plot that didn't totally focus around Gojira.

The Chopper scene was awesome but something about the air force guy saying, "we will kill you" sounded corny you think they would say, "open fire" or something. I kinda like how the holodisguise for the pilot started to fail. I dunno... "Kill you" just sounds weird in that context.

Dunno if it was Megatron... but why would he even notice one tiny little flesh creature? Why would he care? Humans lives are meaningless either way, and certainly one tiny girl is not worth waisting any energy on.

I wanted to puke when I saw that. He's not even partial transformed and he's blowing up stuff magically! That scene by itself VOIDS any type of weapon the TF's 'make' later in the movie and also VOIDS the movies written ending.

Maybe that's just the way it's cut... and maybe the leaked script has been changed... hopefully quite a bit.

Edited by lord_breetai

I wanted to puke when I saw that. He's not even partial transformed and he's blowing up stuff magically!

Did we watch the same trailer? He didn't do anything until he was standing (fully transformed) and that looked to me like something they fired at him, not something he used as a weapon. Just protected himself from.

That scene by itself VOIDS any type of weapon the TF's 'make' later in the movie and also VOIDS the movies written ending.

The written ending of the leaked script? Placing faith in that is like betting red on wheel that is all black.

You guys need to give it a break. There have been how many iterations of Optimus Prime and the transformers in general over the years? Why can't this just be one more?

Because everyone, at least most of the people on this board, are looking for a movie that's faithful to the G1 era. I'd like to see that also, but keep in mind that this movie is intended for the millions of people around the world who don't know, remember or otherwise care about what a "G1" is, or was...

Heh-heh...Seeing 'Prime get gunned down by Megatron is something I wouldn't mind being carried over from the G1 era...

No, he's an alien jet as per the leaked designs. The movie makers are doing their best to avoid changing size between the modes via anime magic, so a giant P38 would be just a tad ridiculous.

A Giant P-38 would be a vast improvement over the current Megatron movie design. He looks like melted plastic.

No, he's an alien jet as per the leaked designs. The movie makers are doing their best to avoid changing size between the modes via anime magic, so a giant P38 would be just a tad ridiculous.

Well would a transformer sized gun be that bad? or how about a Galvatron style cannon? And the Transformers Universe actually has ridiculous phsyics threories on how they shrink and grow. They could just throw those in...

I kinda liked the fact that even though Megatron did not trust Starscream, he was always putting himself in Star Scream's hands... litteraly.

I wanted to puke when I saw that. He's not even partial transformed and he's blowing up stuff magically!

Erm, are you sure about that? I watched the HD version and Blackout merely seems to transforms while the US soldiers open fire.

When he sends out the shockwave, he appears to be transformed already. But there isn't any rule otherwise that a TF cannot used a weapon system or special power mid-way through Transformation.

When he sends out the shockwave, he appears to be transformed already. But there isn't any rule otherwise that a TF cannot used a weapon system or special power mid-way through Transformation.

He was transformed already when he used his weapon. Ah the joys of HD and a gigabit line...

And from what I hear...(Spoilers)Megatron will take a Earth-form at some point in the movie.(End Spoiler)

the transformers movie website has an updated version of the new trailer, they added a line by peter cullen to the end.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

Cheesy as it looks on paper, Peter Cullen makes it sound so cool. Or maybe i'm just a fanboy. :lol:

Cheesy as it looks on paper, Peter Cullen makes it sound so cool. Or maybe i'm just a fanboy. :lol:

And in case no one knew, that line is the winning line to the contest.

True. I thought it myself. Cullen better not be the only good voice actor.

Bumblebee can't talk still or what?

I looked at that trailer. I dunno. It didn't seem as if I was previewing anything extraordinary. The human characters had all the spotlight, there was even a hint of romance between the lead? male character and a female character; yeah, just what I want to see in a TF movie. The entire trailer seemed like it was nothing more than a build up for "something big". Unfortunately, we know what that something big will be: a big special fx laden fight scene at the end. Since it seems like this movie will probably last 2½ hours, let's hope it will be more than 2 hours of setup & humans gawking at the TFs with the final half hour nothing more than a fight scene. But, with Bay's track record, I think he will stick with the standard action movie formula, and stick in his trademark "very loud" soundtrack.

Well after seeing the new trailer in Glorious HD Im am Slightly heartened that it will atlest look good and not like a hash up Robotech Shadow Chronicles anyone...

I will take its as was posted earlier just take it as another reincarnation of the franchise. Gundam has managed it and so for that matter has BattleStar Galactica and Startrek and Starwarsto a certain extent.

I not gonna say I wouldnt have prefered a faithfull incarnation of the G1 universe as that the one that was current when I was a teenager and Anime and Robots were my main focus (nothings changed much).

I did a check through my DVD collection, It would seem that I have most of the M. Bay catalogue.

Well, in the previous renders we've seen, his torso was pretty flat. In this pic, the hood area of the truck is sticking out for some reason, his shoulder pads are bigger, and the doors on his chest are straightened out (on the older renders the doors are folded at an angle).

I HOPE its an actual change and not a mid-transformation pic or something, since its easier to tell what he turns into.

Edited by Fit For Natalie