Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

you just now realized that

"Do a barrel roll!"

"these pretzels are making me thirsty"

oh god, why? why?

I know the winner already, "That's how I roll." That's just perfect-o for this movie so far.

I know the winner already, "That's how I roll." That's just perfect-o for this movie so far.

Oh, c'mon... you think they can pass up the opportunity to use the character-inappropriate, no, anatomically IMPOSSIBLE "These pretzels are making me thirsty"?

• 2 weeks later...

Production design of '74 and '07 Camero Bumblebee + weapons

IPB Image

Good pictures, but one has to ask where exactly does the pasenger sit in that walking cutlery draw when its a car? I mean those missle launchers are kinda in the way.

Edited by big F

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet! We haven't seen good Starscream pics. (AFAIK, just a bunch of concept etc)

Also, Bumblebee goes with my main rant: you still can't tell what they turn into. He's so chopped up, that both robot modes are nigh-identical. The cars are plenty different enough that robot mode SHOULD look different. The body panels etc are chopped into such small bits, with that "transformation technique"---Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee, and probably Starscream could all have nigh-identical robot modes. Just make the "shredded sheetmetal bits" all the same triangles and trapezoids, and sprinkle them around the endoskeleton. Yes, you can at least tell Bumblee is a CAR. But no more than that. Whereas G1 Jazz was clearly a Porsche, Sideswipe could only be a Countach, etc.

You know, when I first saw the pics of the bots and the toy pics I kind of liked them. I thought they had potential. Even the mutilated version of Starscream, my favorite character. Now I'm disappointed in their appearance, because they all look the same to an extent. That wierd, insect like face and kibble everywhere. I thought maybe it would be a good look for the decepticons, but not the autobots. Every bot other than Prime looks kind of sinister. I just wish there was more diversity in their looks. On the other hand, I really like Ratchet's body style. If they changed the head I'd be impressed.

You know, when I first saw the pics of the bots and the toy pics I kind of liked them. I thought they had potential. Even the mutilated version of Starscream, my favorite character. Now I'm disappointed in their appearance, because they all look the same to an extent. That wierd, insect like face and kibble everywhere. I thought maybe it would be a good look for the decepticons, but not the autobots. Every bot other than Prime looks kind of sinister. I just wish there was more diversity in their looks. On the other hand, I really like Ratchet's body style. If they changed the head I'd be impressed.

The worst is Autobots look evil... they all have that evi looking face... :ph34r:

I thought it was funny somewhere when someone transposed the concept Ratchet's face onto the body of a parakeet...

I'm in agreement with David and just about everyone else. These trans-crumples are going to be 'interesting' to say the least, in the movie and in the toys.

lol super shredder good call.

Just an observation here, but what the hell are these things that they claim to be TF's? They look more like something out of BGC then Transformers. What happened to the old G1 styles where you could tell what they were prior to going to vehicle mode? Pardon my ignorance as a non TF fanboy but seriously what are they doing to these characters, am I wrong in assuming that most people going to see this movie (besides kids) will be adults who were fans back in the day? So far none of the characters in this movie have anything to do with their predecessors besides the color schemes. Your average movie goer who watches this out of fond childhood memories is going to be left going WTF!?!? like I just was doing before I stumbled across this thread.

Rob :ph34r:

I think we need a new option on the poll called WTF!?!?

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

lol super shredder good call.

Just an observation here, but what the hell are these things that they claim to be TF's? They look more like something out of BGC then Transformers. What happened to the old G1 styles where you could tell what they were prior to going to vehicle mode? Pardon my ignorance as a non TF fanboy but seriously what are they doing to these characters, am I wrong in assuming that most people going to see this movie (besides kids) will be adults who were fans back in the day? So far none of the characters in this movie have anything to do with their predecessors besides the color schemes. Your average movie goer who watches this out of fond childhood memories is going to be left going WTF!?!? like I just was doing before I stumbled across this thread.

Rob :ph34r:

I think we need a new option on the poll called WTF!?!?

You have to realize that there are 1-2 other generations of kids who grew up with different iterations of TF who will see the movie. Myself, who grew up with G2 (G1 with added CGI commercial breaks) reruns and Beast Wars; then the younger kids who grew up on Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and then even younger kids who are just getting into TF.

Add to that the people who grew up with G1 who will see the movie regardless of whether or not it looks like G1 and the adults and the rest of the population who will see it just because of the hype it will receive... and I don't think that it will do that bad. Great? Probably not. Spiderman 3 will probably beat it hands down.

You have to realize that there are 1-2 other generations of kids who grew up with different iterations of TF who will see the movie. Myself, who grew up with G2 (G1 with added CGI commercial breaks) reruns and Beast Wars; then the younger kids who grew up on Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and then even younger kids who are just getting into TF.

But all of those make it fairly obvious what they transform into.

Optimus Primal is still pretty ape-like in his robot form and everyone can tell Cybertron Prime is a firetruck with wings.

And the younger kids it will probably be scared off by Scorponok slaughtering GI Joe so they don't count.

Add to that the people who grew up with G1 who will see the movie regardless of whether or not it looks like G1 and the adults and the rest of the population who will see it just because of the hype it will receive...

I'll probably see it once it hits the dollar movies. I figure for a buck I can see how bad it came out.

I won't pay full price for this train-wreck, though.

Well if they are goning to go for mechadisable toys they are going to have to make the transformations simple. I mean your average 10 year old is not goona want to spend 20 mins transforming it like the Binaltech/alternators can do. most G1 and G2 stuff could be changed in a bout 20 seconds at most.

That providing that health and safety dont recomend that kids wear protective gloves in case they cut their hands whilst handling them.

I live in hope that this is one of those anti rumor things and we will all be plesently suprised when we see the film.

Perhaps this time instead of mimicing the forms of earth vehicles, the robots will tentacle rape them & invade the cars/airplanes. Something akin to the aliens in Megazone 23 Part II.

But all of those make it fairly obvious what they transform into.

Optimus Primal is still pretty ape-like in his robot form and everyone can tell Cybertron Prime is a firetruck with wings.

And the younger kids it will probably be scared off by Scorponok slaughtering GI Joe so they don't count.

I'll probably see it once it hits the dollar movies. I figure for a buck I can see how bad it came out.

I won't pay full price for this train-wreck, though.

Those against the designs (like Me) I believe are thinking along those same lines of thought. Sure a

Transforming robot could have been done any number of ways but Transformers have been relatively easy

to understand visually. Anybody regardless of age can see that this or that part was a bumper or part of a

fender. These Designers were thinking "lets be on the Cut-ting edge" and thats what they've produced alot

of sharp angles that look like they should be part of Blender.

I wish I had the answer to that. That is the best rendition of an Optimus-type CG on the web. Heck it may be

the only one (i haven't seen any others). Heck the Citroen add car designs are better than the movie. Why?

Why didn't they go this route? <_<

these appear to be the toy proto-types for the movie

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=116000

also check here for better pics

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=116823

post-3216-1165312196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

I wish I had the answer to that. That is the best rendition of an Optimus-type CG on the web. Heck it may be

the only one (i haven't seen any others). Heck the Citroen add car designs are better than the movie. Why?

Why didn't they go this route? <_<

Well, IMO it’s nice to see that after 20 years of the same they are making something that actually looks like it would need to be the size of a small house to work and not limited to current $20 toy technology.

The only thing that really interests me about this movie is that the designs aren’t scaled up toys or something you could se in a fan made video like that Prime.

Seeing ILM transforming and moving those designs is what’s going to get my money, not something that a guy in his mother’s basement could make.

just saw this and it made me so angry.....

transformers good

if someone can explain why this is not what we're getting i'd like to know

seriously

WTF

:angry::angry::angry:

Nice fan made Ultra Magnus. this and others are on the Michael Smith website.

Michael Smith is a CGI artist and has a love for transformers. Just go to his site and click the link for "vw transformer"

His and others work is there for you to look at and download.

http://www.themichaelsmith.com/Frames.htm

He also did an Optimus Prime He and some friends were at one time going to make a short TF film.

Edited by big F