That was such an awesome 4 part arc. The rest of Season 4 has a lot to live up to.

SPOLIERS:

That said, I agree about Krell, I wish he wasn't just straight up evil. When I was in the Army, I had a platoon sargeant like him that had the most idiotic plans of assault when we trained in the field for combat operations. Often ending up with our platoon getting wiped out. Then when our squad leaders mid mission, would change the plan of attack we would often succeed, yet that would piss off the platoon sargeant greatly. He was a real a&&hole and like Krell demanded complete subordination to his command.

I was hoping Krell would have been a little more like that, just absolutely demanding his troops follow his command with no questions asked, regardless of the outcome. And perhaps in this episode have his orders been exactly what was needed to succeed. But the twist of him turning the troops against each other in the battle field was pretty awesome, then of course all the events that followed... :blink: WOW

It was funny hearing Krell talking about being Dooku's apprentice. I know Dooku was one of the most powerful Jedi in the order and has since become even more powerful as a Sith... but Krell was absolutely dominating on the battle field. Dooku was easily taken prisoner by like 20-30 pirates in season 1 (I think). Yeah he didn't have his lightsaber, but still... Krell was wiping the floor with dozens of battle hardened, and heavily armed clone troopers. I think he would match up quite well against Dooku... Perhaps his plan wasn't to be his "apprentice" for too long... I think this is what makes me sad knowing he died... I would loved to have seen him take on Grievous or something... Hell this is exactly what General Grievous should have been in this series, you know minus the force powers.

I don't know why everyone needs a reason why the clones "betrayed" the Jedi. There's a reason why Order 66 was simply referred to as Order 66: they had known what it was since early on in their training, when they were given a list of potential "worst case scenario" orders.

I can't particularly recall for sure, but I believe it was Rex who said that the clones were serving a greater cause: to serve and defend the Republic. They weren't bred to serve the Jedi. In fact, Order 66 specifies that the Jedi needed to be executed because they are traitors/a threat to the Republic to which they were made to be loyal.

There are some clones whose personal loyalties made them hesitate or even refuse to execute their commanders, but not all Jedi were as friendly and respectful toward them as Anakin (see: Krell). Also, some clones (like Dogma in these episodes) are more likely to obey orders without hesitation, over personal loyalties to their Jedi commanders and even fellow clones.

Edited by jwasko

I'm still not convinced that "Order 66" is part of the clones active coinciousness. Although this episode introduces an entirely different issue. If the clones "did" know that Order 66 was a potential scenario, Anakin's troops being so seasoned and "human" may have caused a problem when the order was issued.

Good ending for Krell...I agree it would have been better if it would have been more along the lines of him fearing the inevitable destruction of the Jedi and not seeking to join the Sith. Fear leader to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...would have been nice to see Yoda's wisdom shown incarnate.

I'm still not convinced that "Order 66" is part of the clones active coinciousness. Although this episode introduces an entirely different issue. If the clones "did" know that Order 66 was a potential scenario, Anakin's troops being so seasoned and "human" may have caused a problem when the order was issued.

I was just reading about "Order 66" yesterday. According to Wookiepedia, not all the clone troopers obeyed the order. If that source is correct, then "Order 66" is part of their active consciousness. There's also an "Order 65" that I saw that apparently calls for the elimination of the Supreme Chancellor.

I was just reading about "Order 66" yesterday. According to Wookiepedia, not all the clone troopers obeyed the order. If that source is correct, then "Order 66" is part of their active consciousness. There's also an "Order 65" that I saw that apparently calls for the elimination of the Supreme Chancellor.

Wiki's are about as reliable as well, wiki's :)

I agree with Keith, but more for the reason that Lucas only considers the movies as canon and anything written outside of the movies is EU, even the Clone Wars show itself. If you consider this, then we don't really know what Order 66 exactly is until Lucas actually tells us.

Anyone else think Krell's lightsabers were the coolest-sounding ones of all? Somehow they just sounded "choppier". More "flutter" to them. In an awesome way.

YES! YES! and YES!!!

Chris

Maybe consciousness develops the longer a clone survives. Their life expectancy was probably predicted to be very insanely low over the course of the war to ever get to that point though. And when they do, like in the 501st, it might get more depressing for the clones the closer the show gets to Episode III territory.

I thought the ending of the episode was just a sad reminder of how things are really going to end up for most the characters in the show.

Episode 412: Slaves of the Republic

To locate the missing colonists, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka go undercover to infiltrate the slavers on Zygerria. Anakin struggles with his emotions as a wily Zygerrian queen forces him to take questionable actions in order to carry out his mission.

Episode 412: Slaves of the Republic

To locate the missing colonists, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka go undercover to infiltrate the slavers on Zygerria. Anakin struggles with his emotions as a wily Zygerrian queen forces him to take questionable actions in order to carry out his mission.

Gooooood goooooood...

post-2668-0-76778000-1322858957_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zor Primus

After the awesomeness that was the Krell arc (save for the whole bad guy reveal bit), anyone else feel like this whole slave arc feels like a "very special" episode of the Clone Wars.

Yeah, we get it: the slavers are bad. :rolleyes:

After the awesomeness that was the Krell arc (save for the whole bad guy reveal bit), anyone else feel like this whole slave arc feels like a "very special" episode of the Clone Wars.

Yeah, we get it: the slavers are bad. :rolleyes:

No, I think this arc is more about Anakin coming to terms with his past than it does with slavery itself.

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to episode 13? Did it not air? Is the show taking a break or something?

Graham

As far as I can tell, it hasn't aired here on the east side of the Pacific.

I think last week's ep was a repeat of the Krell arc.

Maybe they're on break for the holidays.

Edited by Mog

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see Death Watch again. I especially liked the female Death Watch member. Although I never realised those Jetpacks allowed such fast and long endurance flight though.....hahah!

So far season 4 has been so much better than the weak-ass effort that was the bulk of season 3.

Graham

Ok, not really CW related, but still loosely SW related. For years I've been trying to remember the name of a cheesey kids show I used to watch that had an R2D2 knock-off in it, and now finally that search has ended.

Now I'm sharing for anyone else who may have forgotten.

Really liked that last episode. Did you know the female Deathwatcher was voiced by Katie "Starbuck" Sackoff?

Also surprised by yhe amount of killings/death in the episode......minor spoiler.....

Asoka's quadruple decapitation was epic!

Chris

Edited by Dobber