Did anybody else see THE CLONE WARS movie in the theaters when it was released way back in 2008? My wife then girlfriend took me to see it on my birthday.  We were the only ones in the theater but it was a great birthday and I got misty eyed thinking about how much has happened with us since :)

SIGH....No, I didn't. I watched on my 1st Ipod touch on an airplane.  It took my a long time to warm up to CW's.  Now I'm sure glad I did! Seeing the movie on the big screen, looking back now would have been cool, but at that point SW really wasn't "cool" anymore. It was languishing from the prequels.  Another thing I REALLY regret NOT buying is Ahsoka's 1:1 Lightsaber from Master Replicas back in that time period. It was a shelf warmer and I kick myself every time I see her on screen now! 

Edited by derex3592

A few weeks ago I went back to rewatch the movie....which I also didn’t hate hen I first saw it.....and I liked it a lot more now. Seeing Ahsoka so young was jarring too. We watched her grow up.

Chris

I saw it in the theater when it came out. I also definitely remember being extremely concerned that the writers were trying too hard to shoehorn a Padawan in for Anakin and how little sense it made. And I really didn't care much for Ahsoka at the time, either!

How the times have changed...

1 hour ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the series and how well developed the characters were especially Ashoka.  Pity we do not see more of her afterwards but I suppose they can always make a standalone movie for her.

She's a notable part of the later seasons of Rebels as well, which is well worth watching after dealing with its own growing pains like Clone Wars did.

44 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I HAAATEEED Ahoska in the movie, the "Snips" and "Sky Guy" deal almost made me want to quite SW forever, luckily I didn't...

Yeah, she was a little hard to take at first. Now seeing it all through, though, when I see those early episodes and stuff....she really was just a kid and she behaved like one and I can see that more clearly now.  She was very naive and innocent.  Like I said earlier, we really did watch her grow up, not just physically, ironically since she is an animated character and that RARELY happens, but also mentally and emotionally. Well done Dave, well done. 

Chris

Also for those that care Hot Toys is releasing a Captain Rex figure, complete with an extra Ahsoka Helmet! So cool seeing a realistic Rex B))

E4A7C1CB-64DE-4B88-A349-422EB5A3B712.jpeg.5aabb85c1d3d44556fc52117de18e298.jpeg

57DF94AD-8736-4544-8F54-62EB09EEF161.jpeg.ab38d708d62b30df1db8def65488936c.jpeg

Chris

• 4 months later...

Why am I only discovering this now? :lol:

Wonder if anyone has done this nose art on a Republic gunship toy? 

Edited by Mog
To replace the deleted YouTube video.

From what I read, Filoni did it as an homage to the WWII bomber nose arts.  However, he eventually decided against it and wrote in the Anakin-Padme long-distance holo-call instead.

Considering we only see Padme once in Season 7, he figured the holo-call would be a better tie-in/callback to ROTS.

Just FYI, the nose art writing translates to “Good to be Bad.”   :lol:

Edited by Mog

• 2 months later...

So after re-watching the last episode, there's one thing I just noticed:  When Rex is trying to negotiate/stall the clones in the hangar, Jesse straight up refers to the soon-to-be Emperor as "Darth Sidious."

Not Palpatine.  Not Chancellor.  Straight up calls him by his Sith name.

Even Rex, when Order 66 is given in the previous episode, refers to him as "Lord Sidious."

Wonder why Filoni and company made that choice?  :huh:

In ROTS, Cody and the clones don't refer to him as Sidious during Order 66;  they just refer to him as "Lord."

In any case, that's some royally messed up programming (or impressive planning :diablo:) to turn the clones against the Jedi, make them aware that Palpatine is a Sith Lord, and make them cool with following a Sith Lord (especially after battling Dooku and other dark siders the past few years).

Edited by Mog

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up tot the very last episode of Clone Wars and plan to watch it tonight.  (so I have not read the last few posts so as not to possibly spoil anything)  I have to say the last four episodes, that take place during the events of Episode 3, are the best of the series and some of the best Star Wars ever (including mandalorian).  Maul's attempt to turn Ahsoka is far better done (and written) then either the Emperors attempt with Luke or Vader.  

Wow man, enjoy!..the ending was a gut punch for me. Not a bad thing....just kind of tragic when you think about it. And yeah, the final arc is just amazing.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

57 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Yup, that ending scene was perfect.

On so many levels too. First Anakin, now Vader, imprisoned in his suit seeing a physical reminder of his past and what he cared for and lost, the light saber of his apprentice. To the faded and shattered remains of the Republic Star destroyer and the abandoned and forgotten graves of the Clones that were bread to fight, but became so much more. Then, in the end were used to murder the very values they had fought with and for for years only to be thrown away and discarded. The Haunted past...

Chris

To think it started with dumb phrases like Sky-Guy and Artooie and had Rex shouting almost every single line in the first “movie” to having this much depth and character development by the end.

The show really did grow into something much better and richer.

• 4 months later...