Just finished the latest ep.

:yahoo:

So many feels, so many Easter eggs, so many cameos, so many callbacks (even to Rebels stuff), so many great moments!

They absolutely nailed this episode!

Yeah this and presumedly part 2 seem VERY cinematic! Going to miss this. I’d love for them to do a retelling of Epsiode 3 in Clone Wars animation....maybe fix a few things while they’re at it.

Chris

I also appreciate that some of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars bits can still be viewed as canon (the little mention of Shaak Ti going to check on the Chancellor but losing contact with her).

With all the tie-ins, I’m secretly holding out hope we hear the phrase “This is the way” just once from a Mando.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

I also appreciate that some of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars bits can still be viewed as canon (the little mention of Shaak Ti going to check on the Chancellor but losing contact with her).

With all the tie-ins, I’m secretly holding out hope we hear the phrase “This is the way” just once from a Mando.

IIRC, the Shaak Ti stuff was actually deleted material from Ep III as well.

Chris

Very epic indeed, it's been a long time coming but the end is finally happening, seeing various characters getting set off to their big Clone Wars movie locations was pretty chilling.

That classic Lucasfilm logo was cool as well, definitely presented things as more cinematic imo. I know this is the end and the budget was going to get let loose but damn, the animation quality is absolutely incredible, I'm hard pressed to think of a better looking CG animated series.

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

IIRC, the Shaak Ti stuff was actually deleted material from Ep III as well.

Chris

I’d like to believe that this is still canon:

Just too damn good to exclude.

It really made Grievous and the Magnaguards such intimidating foes.

Finally caught up! Damn, so many feels in the scenes between Anakin& Ahsoka. Also fun that we got to see Sabine’s mom in action.

But what really struck me was how cinematic it felt. I think the soundtrack had a lot to do with it, hewing much closer to the full Williams treatment. Can’t wait for the next episode!

That went unexpectedly.

My only complaint was that the saber fights were a little slower than what we’ve seen in the past.

Kinda like that Maul is playing the long game, knowing about Anakin and probably suspecting Order 66.

Curious to see how everything pans out next week.

22 hours ago, Mog said:

That went unexpectedly.

My only complaint was that the saber fights were a little slower than what we’ve seen in the past.

Hide contents

Kinda like that Maul is playing the long game, knowing about Anakin and probably suspecting Order 66.

Curious to see how everything pans out next week.

Spoiler

Maul switched to the long game after interrogating Jesse. Once he realized Anakin and Obi-wan were never coming, it was now survival.

As for the saber fight, Maul is literally half the man he was and Ahsoka is definitely out of practice.

They are much farther along than I thought, running parallel to Episode 3 so yeah, it will be interesting how the next 2 episodes play out.

Spoiler

Order 66 will likely be coming next week.

^^I disagree;  Maul has shown in previous Clone War eps that he's still a vicious fighter, even after being cut in half.

MASSIVE SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't watched Season 5 of Clone Wars:

Still massively quick in these earlier eps.

I thought his duel with Ashoka was beautiful. It seemed much more fluid and smooth than many past fights.....not that they weren’t awesome too. Watching the above clips really show how much more effort is in these last episodes, as much as I still love those older episodes they almost look cheap compared to what we’ve seen these past 2 weeks. This weeks duel almost seemed like it was motion captured or something.
Another great episode. Very haunting...knowing what is coming. Everything is on edge...the whole Galaxy is at the lip of a chasm....just about to fall over it. Maul definitely knows what’s coming and Ashoka seems to sense  something too. The music is also very somber and almost eerie in this episode too, I LOVED it. Watching the final 4 together will truly be cinematic. Episode 2.5 (almost) 

Chris

edit: apparently it was Mo-capped. By Ray Park and another (who did the Armorer from The Mandalorean.)

Edited by Dobber

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

edit: apparently it was Mo-capped. By Ray Park and another (who did the Armorer from The Mandalorean.)

Figured it was. There was a certain fluidity to the scene which can only be done by really people, i.e. mo-cap.

6 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

That last episode was better than all the sequel movies combined. NOT SARCASM!

I've not seen it but since a number of episodes were much better then the last 3 movies combined I am perfectly willing to believe you.  Next year I will probably sign up for a month to catch up on everything.

The last episode and this one are some of the best Star Wars period. After the final 2 are aired the 4 together will make an epic movie. Unfortunately, it won’t stand well on it’s own as it needs much of the Clone Wars series to have been seen to truly appreciate what Is going on...as well as that 1 episode of Rebels when the 2 are “reunited”. For those of us that are initiated, this is absolutely amazing. Such good pay-offs.
With this episodes title mimicking Episode I’s title The Phantom Apprentice vs The Phantom Menace...next week very well may be Attack of the Clones as I really think Order 66 will be next week :(

Chris

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

That last episode was better than all the sequel movies combined. NOT SARCASM!

I whole heartedly agree. As I said above, these past 2 episodes are some of the best Star Wars period and some amazing television in general.

Chris

Were 2 of the syndicate bosses....

Spoiler

Dryden Vos and Price Xizor of the Black Sun?  That EU well runs deep....:rolleyes:

I'm probably in the minority here but I hope we get to see the conclusion of the planned Solo trilogy....heck even if it is just one more movie on D+ to tie things up through Maul's death in Rebels...I'll even take it animated as long as Filoni is in charge of it

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Were 2 of the syndicate bosses....

Hide contents

Dryden Vos and Price Xizor of the Black Sun?  That EU well runs deep....:rolleyes:

I'm probably in the minority here but I hope we get to see the conclusion of the planned Solo trilogy....heck even if it is just one more movie on D+ to tie things up through Maul's death in Rebels...I'll even take it animated as long as Filoni is in charge of it

Definitely Vos and likely Xizor

I actually liked Solo quite a bit...just watched it again recently. I too would like to see more.

Rewatched the ep today.

Definitely enjoyed the fights more this time around.

I wonder if that whole "You are warriors who shouldn't be hiding in the gutters!" was a nod to the future and Mando's coven in Navarro.

Edited by Mog