New Macross Plus Boxset

VT-102

Animeondvd.com is reporting that Manga will release a Macross Plus 2 DVD Box set on 6-14-05. No details on what it will contain. Info can also be seen on Manga.com's "coming soon" link. Would be nice if it included a remaster of the movie. Since the quality was pretty subpar.

Animeondvd.com is reporting that Manga will release a Macross Plus 2 DVD Box set on 6-14-05. No details on what it will contain. Info can also be seen on Manga.com's "coming soon" link. Would be nice if it included a remaster of the movie. Since the quality was pretty subpar.

Nice, yes. Realistic, no.

If they wanted to do it right, they'd've done it the first time.

wow, I heard about this a while ago. I totally forgot about it. I'm definitly buying this as I sold off my old copies. I wonder if this will have the single episodes and then the movie? That'd be cool. Can't wait! :p:D:lol:

At 2 disc's It's likely to only be the OVA. And if it did contain the movie, then that just mean's they'd screw up the only good encode they did (i.e. the OVA) to slap all 4 eps on 1 disc. I doubt the movie would get any re-touching at all, it's just not their way.

All things considered, I have the OVA disc's, I have both the R1 & R2 movie edition disc's (in 1 double disc case using the R2 box art), and I have my MW custom Plus desert scheme box, as such I've no use for this release whatsoever.

It is nice though that it's re-surfacing with half the price it was originally MSRP'd at.

And if it did contain the movie, then that just mean's they'd screw up the only good encode they did (i.e. the OVA) to slap all 4 eps on 1 disc.

The OVA DVDs were done on single layer discs. Presumably, they could fit all four episodes on one dual layerd disc without changing the AV compression.

And if it did contain the movie, then that just mean's they'd screw up the only good encode they did (i.e. the OVA) to slap all 4 eps on 1 disc.

The OVA DVDs were done on single layer discs. Presumably, they could fit all four episodes on one dual layerd disc without changing the AV compression.

Yeah, but it's manga, they screw stuff up on purpose. Hell, they've actually chosen not to put Gunbuster on DVD! They lost the license to Gaint Robo! They're insane.

Yes, but the problem with that is that then they could not gank you for $29 bucks per DVD.

If they leave it a two disc release, they can! :)

Yeah, but it's manga, they screw stuff up on purpose. Hell, they've actually chosen not to put Gunbuster on DVD! They lost the license to Gaint Robo! They're insane.

If I remember correctly, Manga also lost the license to Gunbuster, which is why it's not on DVD.

All things considered, I have the OVA disc's, I have both the R1 & R2 movie edition disc's (in 1 double disc case using the R2 box art), and I have my MW custom Plus desert scheme box, as such I've no use for this release whatsoever.

Now, only for the kicks, where I can get a copy of that R2 Movie edition DVD? :p

(Amazon.co.jp doesn't have it in stock <_<)

At 2 disc's It's likely to only be the OVA. And if it did contain the movie, then that just mean's they'd screw up the only good encode they did (i.e. the OVA) to slap all 4 eps on 1 disc. I doubt the movie would get any re-touching at all, it's just not their way.

I don't like the existing OVA encode.

Way too dark.

Millard is black, not invisible.

Yup and that's typical Manga Entertainment for you, either releasing good (Ninja Scroll movie) or incredibly GOD AWFUL dvd versions of various animes (Dangaioh OVAs).

I am glad they are not doing the Gunbuster OVAs b/c I would not put it past the company to royally f'up one of the best OVA series.

CDjapan should still have the R2 movie edition. And I don't think it's been officially said one way or the other if Manga has officially lost the gunbuster license, as once every year or two they keep promising to put it out on DVD. We can only hope someone like Geneon or Bandai will snag it though.

Guest Bromgrev
Now, only for the kicks, where I can get a copy of that R2 Movie edition DVD?  :p

(Amazon.co.jp doesn't have it in stock  <_<)

There's always play.com, but it's the boxed set.

Edited by Bromgrev

Now, only for the kicks, where I can get a copy of that R2 Movie edition DVD?  :p

(Amazon.co.jp doesn't have it in stock  <_<)

There's always play.com, but it's the boxed set.

No, we're talking about the R2 Japanese release, not the R2 UK release. Japanese release has significantly better audio/video over the U.S. & U.K. releases (which are essentially the same disc's pressed for both countries).

The two box Japanese R2 set that features the beautiful Tenjin YF-19 & YF-21 cockpit art on the slip cases have English dubbing available. No English subs though.

I'm not sure if other Japanese editions, such as the 4 individual discs also feature the English dub.

Graham

Guest Bromgrev
No, we're talking about the R2 Japanese release, not the R2 UK release. Japanese release has significantly better audio/video over the U.S. & U.K. releases (which are essentially the same disc's pressed for both countries).

Oh, I see. How about CD Japan? But it's not a new 2-disc version.

R2 Macross Plus Movie disc has Dolby Pro Logic Japanese audio only. No subtitles of any kind.

I own the disc.

I'm willing to bet from the video, while superior to the Mangle version, is nothing more than a LD rip.

The OVA boxset has Japanese 2.0 and English 5.1. No subtitles.

You can still get the Movie from other sites, just look around...