Low Vis number six

Bariaburu Faita

While heading to a remote suburb to search for some Sandtrooper corporals for a MacrossWorlder, I on a whim decided to take the long way around a river. Would waste alot of time but it was my day off.

I after going down one of the side streets I noticed the ubiquious "gundam inside" sign. Ah, small mom and pop indy plamo store. So I checked it out.

Much to my pleasure it had a toy selection. Even Yamato 1/48s

Going down the line...

black box... VF-1S Roy, ahh ton of those out now

black box... VF-1A Max gaaah who DOESNT have those in stock

Red box... VF-1J Millia poor millia, just dont get no love

Blue box... VF-1J Max a bit harder to find but still nothing exceptional

Light blue box... VF-1J Hikaru since I skipped on getting the separate armor pack, might have to pick one up.

GREY BOX!!!... No, couldnt be... Carefully take it off the shelf...

YES 1/48 VF-1A LOW VISIBILITY LIMITED VERSION

I check the price... straight up original retail of 14,800yen. And its not used, its being sold at a normal retail store. Condition is near mint. Its wrapped in plastic so no shelf wear.

I ask if they have any more, unfortunatly no.

So now I have my own Low Vis. And I hope to keep it that way. Of the 6 Low Vis I have found so far, I sold 5 all to MacrossWorlders. For the, IMHO reasonable price of $180. So I think I have earned the right to keep this one.

where have you been howard?

everyone up in this piece is looking for a 1A max. not me personally, but a lot of guys on the baords are still looking for one. and you could make some extra money. ;)

everyone up in this piece is looking for a 1A max. not me personally, but a lot of guys on the baords are still looking for one. and you could make some extra money. ;)

I thought there was an oversupply of those. Remember someone unloading a couple cases at $90 a pop. Thats cheaper than what I can get over here. I figured no one would pay 14,800 yen for one, much less any comission on top of that.

I thought there was an oversupply of those. Remember someone unloading a couple cases at $90 a pop. Thats cheaper than what I can get over here. I figured no one would pay 14,800 yen for one, much less any comission on top of that.

eh, ya never know. ;)

seriously, a lot of guys are looking for them and while Neova was nice enough to hook a lot of members at $90, that was a one shot deal and if you missed the boat, you're going to ebay and paying out the butt.

you can always post something in the FS section and see if anyone is interested before making any kind of purchase.

BTW, if thats a 2nd edition 1S roy they got there, i'm down. if its the 3rd issue, i'll pass, the QC isn't nearly as good.

Good find, Bariaburu.

On another note, maybe we should make it a poll....why do people not have the Low Viz? For me, I was still a student 2 years ago, so I couldn't afford the Low Viz then. Now that I can...its as rare as heck and expensive.

How about others? Maybe you never knew macross then? You couldn't find any in your area?