ARMD DYRL schematics

mac666er

Hello Macross fans, I was wondering if anyone had handy the schematics of either the ARMD - 1 or ARMD 2 space stations from DYRL.

I have the perfect memory book and an entertainment bible from which I have been working on my 3D models... but I haven't been able to get a copy of the golden book... :(

So... does anyone have an image of the ARMD stations in DYRL version that could be used as reference?

Thanks!

mac.

As I don't have a copy of Perfect Memory (& haven't seen inside of one since around 1987 or so ) I don't know if you already have these images - they are from TIA 11, Macross DYRL.

post-5-1111993331_thumb.jpg

Roycommi has it:

http://www.roycommi.com/ships/unspacy/armd_v2/armd_v2.html

I think hte lower image is what you want. Nanashi has better scans if you can catch him or convince him though.

This page on Roycommi also has ARMD-02, including the last image, which I haven't even seen from nanashi/windjammer before.

As I don't have a copy of Perfect Memory (& haven't seen inside of one since around 1987 or so ) I don't know if you already have these images - they are from TIA 11, Macross DYRL.

If he's doing the DYRL versions, Perfect Memory wouldn't help him much, the ARMDs were heavily redesigned for the movie.

If he still wants one, last time I checked you could get them at a nice little store (Action Theatre, if I remember correctly) at Metreon, San Francisco, $30 the reprint. Thet's where I got my copy. Been a couple of years since, though, so I don't know if they still carry them.

Still looking for the Gold Book, sadly... :(

That rpg book's design views actually originate from the ones shown above from TIA #11. Look carefully and you'll see. Don't bother buying the book for the sake of the designs. They're just reworked from the lineart, shaded, etc.

Thanks Lestat and Chas... that was *precisely* what I was looking for...

and thanks to everyone who responded...You have been very helpful!

I was about to upload my work in progress... but I guess I better do it in the CG thread instead!

Thanks again! :D

mac

Thought I should attach a work in progress pic...

I really like the DYRL version of the Macross ships... I hope I can do them credit... :unsure:

Comments and critics wellcome...please let me know what you guys n' gals think...

mac.

post-5-1112591936_thumb.jpg

Looking good. Some points to note. That thing at the front is the forward bridge. I think it should probably curve a little more. I won't say anything else for now, because this is obviously unfinished. Keep it up.

In Alpha HX's post:

1. ARMD-01 - DYRL

2. ARMD-01 - TV Series

3. ARMD-02 - DYRL

4. ARMD-01 - DYRL (schematics)

5. ARMD-01 - TV Series

hope that clears it up.

That's a comic of a Nousjadeul-Ger (Zjentohlauedy Power Suit) being chased off the surface of the ARMD by a VF-1. Just some humour thrown into the designs. There's a fair bit of it in the TIA books.

Thanks Lestat, from what I can see on there, it looks like it'd be a funny comic panel. Man I wish I had these books. I've always liked the ARMD's. They just look cool to me.

It's not really. That's about 30% of the actual image, just a single picture. Some of the SD valks and things are great though.

This is Animation #11 is relatively common on Ebay for a reasonable price. That is the book that image is from.

Love that sight yellowman, but I'd love to see some updates. It was good to see some of that material again, because I left my books in Australia when I moved to Sweden.

Keep it up. The macross community is quiet when it comes to praise for things, but they are out there, looking at your website.