When are Macross Zero toys comin?

The6ftTallAZN

I know it's been said before again and again but I have a short attention span and am too lazy to search for those posts but does anyone know when or if Macross Zero toys are coming out and who's going to make them?

Thanks, I know that I ramble on about stuff that's already been talked about so please don't yell at me.

I know it's been said before again and again but I have a short attention span and am too lazy to search for those posts but does anyone know when or if Macross Zero toys are coming out and who's going to make them?

Thanks, I know that I ramble on about stuff that's already been talked about so please don't yell at me.

Yamato are going to make them and they are coming sometime in 2004. No exact release date is given yet, but I would say we can probably expect to see the first toy sometime around the middle of the year.

Graham

Yamato are going to make them and they are coming sometime in 2004. No exact release date is given yet, but I would say we can probably expect to see the first toy sometime around the middle of the year.

Graham

Any idea when we'll get some more info on the Macross Zero lineup, o Sithlord? Scales? Prototypes even?

Edited by bsu legato

Graham

Any idea when we'll get some more info on the Macross Zero lineup, o Sithlord? Scales? Prototypes even?

I'll 2nd that but don't expect an answer. B)

Thought 1/72 was already confirmed? Because it will be around same size as 1/60 VF-1? I had been hoping for 1/60 (to stay in scale with VF-1 and the Q-rau) with an occassional "perfect grade" 1/48, but thought that 1/72 was pretty much old news.

Obviously there will be VF-0S, VF-0D and hopefully an SV-51.

Look at it this way. Time to save money. :p I wanted a Low-vis, but couldn't. Next year will be expensive. After this insane summer, I need time to save for the next onslaught.

Q-rau, SDF-1, Macross 0 stuff, YF-19 (gonna buy two of those), and lord knows what else.

Remember, too, because of the conventional engines, the SV-51 and VF-0 are big valks. At 1/72 they should pair up with our existing stuff.

Edited by Anubis

1/72 isn't a bad scale for larger Valks like the YF-19 and such, it's just a question of how to cram all the joints needed for transformation into a toy that size. Yamato has come a long way since the original toys from Plus, but there's only so much you can do without compromising the structural integrity of the toy. <_

1/72 isn't a bad scale for larger Valks like the YF-19

Sorry, I don't agree...

I love the Mac Plus valks, but hate how small they are. 1/72 just doesn't give you enough space to put in any cockpit detail or anything else, so you get non-rolling tires, pilots that look like half chewed erasers etc.

If they want to keep them in scale, they should do them in at least 1/60, but preferably 1/48.

1/72 isn't a bad scale for larger Valks like the YF-19

Sorry, I don't agree...

I love the Mac Plus valks, but hate how small they are. 1/72 just doesn't give you enough space to put in any cockpit detail or anything else, so you get non-rolling tires, pilots that look like half chewed erasers etc.

If they want to keep them in scale, they should do them in at least 1/60, but preferably 1/48.

Agreed, it would be nice to keep them in scale with the DYRL line either 1/60 or 1/48.

I would be brave enough to assume (I'm pretty sure I remember a poll on this) that most people would prefer 1/48 for the Mac 0 line.

With the detail already in place, and with any number of possiblities to improve on the line (all the lines and have room to improve) I would love to have them in 1/48.

It's just too bad my wallet would love for them to be 1/60. B)

-b.

Guys, please bear in mind that from project start to finish it can take anywhere from 1 to 2 years to get a transforming VF toy into production, depending on the complexity of the toy and a whole host of other factors. It is a long drawn out and extremely slow and complicated process.

Unfortunately, Yamato are not yet at the stage where they have Star Trek type replicators and can just press a button and instantly out pops a completed toy in the blink of an eyelid. These things take time! They will come when they come and not before (the M0 toys, not the replicators...duh!), so be patient.

Also, it doesn't help things that Kawamori was very slow to provide design drawings for The VF-0 & SV-51. Also the guy is so busy these days that anytime Yamato needs access to him to clarify something it can take weeks to get an appointment.

As for the scale yes I know, but can't say. However, as I've said before you may be surprised.

No, I haven't seen a prototype yet.

As for the lineup, remember the more paint variations Yamato release, the quicker they can recover their design and tooling cost, so don't worry guys I'm sure we will get the toys in all variations (Focker, Shin, CF, D.D. Nora...etc)

Graham

hmm, if we'll be surprised by the scale of the Zero toys, that suggests to me that they aren't in 1/48 or 1/60.... ? :unsure:

.. and where can I get one of those toy replicators???? :ph34r:

As for the scale yes I know, but can't say. However, as I've said before you may be surprised.

Now what could this mean? I don't think any of us would find 1/72 or 1/60 scales "surprising" so what does it mean? 1/48? 1/55? Or maybe a newly made-up scale, like 1/51 or? :lol: I'll put my money on 1/32 scale! :lol:

I think 1/32 is overdoing things, but I like the fact that it'd be too big for my little brother to get his grubby little paws on it. One reason why the money I have isn't going to any Macross toys, they're sure to fall victim to my brother's handling and my mom is bound to force me to let my brother hold them, and-God forbid-play with them. <_

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

IIRC, the Mac 0 toys from Yamato are planned for 1/72 scale and if they do well enough, some of them may get the 1/48 treatment.

well doesn really necessacy mean if they do good they get a higher scale

like for eg waht started it all the mac plus toys they did so well that the martket demanding for other valkyries but you dont see them getting any scale boost although i do hope they do a larger scale 1/60? to equal that of a 1/48? itd be awesome

i love the yf-19 and vf-2ss those 2 are my favs and hopefuly they'll make a bigger scale of the mac plus line and someday a 2ss in there

Guys, please bear in mind that from project start to finish it can take anywhere from 1 to 2 years to get a transforming VF toy into production, depending on the complexity of the toy and a whole host of other factors. It is a long drawn out and extremely slow and complicated process.

Unfortunately, Yamato are not yet at the stage where they have Star Trek type replicators and can just press a button and instantly out pops a completed toy in the blink of an eyelid. These things take time! They will come when they come and not before (the M0 toys, not the replicators...duh!), so be patient.

Also, it doesn't help things that Kawamori was very slow to provide design drawings for The VF-0 & SV-51. Also the guy is so busy these days that anytime Yamato needs access to him to clarify something it can take weeks to get an appointment.

No, I haven't seen a prototype yet.

As for the lineup, remember the more paint variations Yamato release, the quicker they can recover their design and tooling cost, so don't worry guys I'm sure we will get the toys in all variations (Focker, Shin, CF, D.D. Nora...etc)

Graham

Hiya Graham,

Im with you on this matter. Haste makes waste. I rather they take their time to produce toys that process the strength durability in the parts and joints but also at the same time has the beauty and finish to match it. Just continue to give us macross toys but hopefully without any QC problems. I would love Yamato to continue churning out toys even when i grow old, it would be nice to see my next generation take over my toys and continue the journey towards endless spending on macross goodies.

Cheers

hey ghuys...

with the revelation of armor,....

the Vf-0 toy is open to possibilities!

maybe yamato is waiting till mnid 04 SINCE

even they dont know what kawamori will come up with next!!

and if its 1/72 scale, and ABUNDANCE of bundled accessories like various armors in one package (FAST dorsal legs, space maybe?1 if kawamori designs it,GPS) would make up fo the smaller scale!!!!

yes yes yes!!