Modded 1/60 VF-1S Head Recast

AlphaHX

People have been asking me to recast the head that I modded in this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=13956

haterist recommended to start a new thread and I thought it might be a good idea to catch some more attention.

This is pretty much an interest check. I have not contact anyone about recasting it and I wont unless theres enuf interest. I have no clue how much it'll cost but I'm assuming it wont be anymore than Rohby's 1/48 heads. I'll find that out when I contact a caster.

For those who are wondering what the head looks like compared to the original, heres a comparison picture. (More pictures posted in the thread above)

post-4-1111604469_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

I'm gonna say yeah but depending on price. How muchy?

Like I said in my original post, I'm assuming it wouldnt be more than Rohby's 1/48 heads which are $10 each. But since I'm not a caster and dont know how much supplies costs, etc I cant say for sure. It shouldnt be more than 1/48 heads. That'll just be weird... :blink:

Update:

From the looks of it, there seems to be a decent group of people for me to contact a recaster, so I did.

After contacting a recaster I was informed that I'm going to lose my 1/60 head in the process for this recast. :blink:

Anyways, the 1/60 head isnt put together like the 1/48 head and there isnt a seam down the middle so the recaster needs to look at it to see if things need to be changed or modded for this recast to work. This might also have an effect on the price of the head. So currently no one knows how much the head is going to cost... including the recaster. :(

As soon as I find out more, I'll keep you guys posted in this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i'm bringing this back from the dead to hopefully hear some news about these heads....

i really want a 1/60 VF-1S head for my max and i'd hate to post in the wanted section for the regular 1S head when these are SOOOO much better.

Alpha??? still around????

i don't think he ever got back to us after contacting his recaster..... maybe he didn't want to lose his original head....

well if thats the problem, i'll gladly donate a 1/60 S head for the good of the cause.

i have a spare 1S max, i can donate the head and sell the parts off if need be.

i'm bringing this back from the dead to hopefully hear some news about these heads....

i really want a 1/60 VF-1S head for my max and i'd hate to post in the wanted section for the regular 1S head when these are SOOOO much better.

Alpha??? still around????

Hey people... I still lurk around here and there. Rarely had the time to stick around and post much these days. The recaster I sent it to had other plans and couldnt recast the head. I actually only got it back a couple of months ago and I havent really actively been looking for another recaster. If someone is willing to recast it, I'll gladly send the head to them.

edit: Another problem is that when I got the head back, I realize I was missing the screw for the head so I dont have that anymore either. If someone can help me find an extra screw for the head, that'll be nice too.

Edited by AlphaHX