music

wyaxyz

the only breakbeat i love is crystal method. i used to have all of ther cd's

i'm more into the asian breakbeat scene. it's trance music with the bass removed and they add hip hop drums to it (some of them use accepellas instead of filtering out he bass). stuff like dj ghostchild, dj loopy, dj tinman & HhH (r.i.p. HhH), dj babyboi, dh GReddy, dj kurvy, dj 2, dj trippy, dj x0duzz, revolution boi, ect. it's mostly underground and considered a separate genre from the florida breakbeat scene (dj baby anne, dj acid aka johnny cage, ect.). 3gnmedia and hypnotika have alot of the music still. there was another is another forum but he turned his forum into a WoW forum...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/djl...nshots/bb01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/djl...nshots/bb02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/djl...nshots/bb03.jpg

the only crystal method albums i have is legion of doom and community service.

i'm more into the asian breakbeat scene. it's trance music with the bass removed and they add hip hop drums to it (some of them use accepellas instead of filtering out he bass). stuff like dj ghostchild, dj loopy, dj tinman & HhH (r.i.p. HhH), dj babyboi, dh GReddy, dj kurvy, dj 2, dj trippy, dj x0duzz, revolution boi, ect. it's mostly underground and considered a separate genre from the florida breakbeat scene (dj baby anne, dj acid aka johnny cage, ect.). 3gnmedia and hypnotika have alot of the music still. there was another is another forum but he turned his forum into a WoW forum...

the only crystal method albums i have is legion of doom and community service.

wow thats alot of artists :lol:

i have an imeem playlist that ive been updating once in a while. heres the link below, if anyone wants to hear

http://www.imeem.com/people/7XO6Slv/playli...music-playlist/

I'm really happy with the new The Prodigy album that came out last week, borrowed it from a friend because I wasn't sure if they still had any gas in the tank, my copy should be at the house tonight. The new Isis record is out in a week, I'm looking forward to that and the new record by Big Business the week after. Slayer is in the studio as well :)

New album 'Fantasies' by Canadian indie-rockers METRIC:

http://ilovemetric.com

I love how they channel the best of the Pixies dynamics with well written songs :-)

Fantasies is nice, but I still appreciate "Old World Underground.." alot more.

I cannot beleive I heard Neko Case being played in the grocery store today, I about died.

Not that I cared much for Nirvana, but this cover is revolting. Oh, how Tarja has fallen after Nightwish fired her four years ago...

Tarja Turunen

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana cover)

It doesn't sound much different than Tori Amos's version from soon after the song initially came out. It's a little unoriginal, maybe, but I don't see what's so revolting about it.

Not that I cared much for Nirvana, but this cover is revolting. Oh, how Tarja has fallen after Nightwish fired her four years ago...

Tarja Turunen

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana cover)

I think that the first rule of covering songs by other bands should be NEVER cover a bands biggest hit. UNLESS, you are really sure of yourself or have a very interesting idea of what to do with the song.

So many artists fall into this trap of covering another bands most popular or successful song. A better idea would be to cover a song that was an album-only track, or is a little bit more rare or obscure.

A lot of bands have covered "Have a Cigar" by Pink Floyd. It is one of their greatest songs but is relatively obscure compared to other tracks by the band. Other musical artists are attracted to the song because of its lyrical content, which slags off at record companies and record company executives.

Another cover I really enjoy is "Cars", originally by Gary Numan but then covered brilliantly by Fear Factory. The cover is especially good because Numan himself takes part in the song and the videoclip. It sounds great.

Taksraven

Another cover I really enjoy is "Cars", originally by Gary Numan but then covered brilliantly by Fear Factory. The cover is especially good because Numan himself takes part in the song and the videoclip. It sounds great.

Speaking of good Numan covers, Marilyn Manson's cover of Down In The Park is one of the greatest. It even inspired Gary Numan to make a more updated "gothy" version. And I am not even a MM fan :)

I see in your sig you like VAST, good band, never got into the third album though. The wife and I caught them live long time ago. Fun show.

Not really the sort of music I am normally into, but a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Datarock with Give it Up.

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...

Mari Iijima is a live Hakuju Hall in September that we, the people of the region's fans in the West no truth Iijima Osaka and the Kansai area, carry your feet all the way to Tokyo in a time of recession far this will be sad, We want to do this in Kagawa Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Takamatsu Marugame of a signature project to live after the live event at the town square before the dome is also negotiating to get it's autograph session Iijima truth. From MAKUROSUSONGU, NHK Anime SUPUN her "happy grams" Galaxy Angel "Eternal Love ~ from the angel of light" and I want to do. People planning to support us, this finger-Stop!

飯島真理のライブが9月に白寿ホールでありますが、大阪や関西地区いや西日本地域で飯島真理さんのファンの皆が、この不景気な時代にわざわざ遠い東京まで足お運ぶのは悲しいでしょうし、香川県でぜひやってほしいので、香川県の高松丸亀1番街前ドーム広場でライブイベントを開催する署名プロジェクト ライブ終了後には飯島真理さんのサイン会もやってもらうように交渉します。マクロスソングから、NHKアニメスプンおばさんの「1グラムの幸福」ギャラクシー・エンジェルの「Eternal Love ~光の天使より~」などをやってもらいたいですね。ぜひ企画を応援する人、この指とまれ!

Mari Iijima-hope of ..Takamatsu Marugame-cho 1 live street.. holding signature activity

飯島真理-高松丸亀町壱番街ライブを開催希望署名活動

Shopping street of Italian style construction ~ Takamatsu Marugame-cho 1 street ~

イタリアスタイルの建築の商店街~高松丸亀町壱番街~

post-5617-1242540247_thumb.jpg  post-5617-1242540311_thumb.jpg

Takamatsu Marugame-cho 1 street dome plaza

post-5617-1242541379_thumb.jpg

It is live in Takamatsu Marugame-cho 1 street dome plaza of the certain place artist.

post-5617-1242541109_thumb.jpg 

Mari Iijima

Group name: Meeting in which Mari Iijima is called in Shikoku

団体名:Mari Iijimaを四国に呼ぶ会

Representative: Mari-OZ

代表者:マリ-オズ

Where to make contact:mari_dream_shikoku@yahoo.co.jp

Over the last couple of years, I have been digging surf rock more and more. Just re-upped at Emusic.com and discovered The Surf Report, Los Tiki Phantoms, The Surf Zombies and Lost Acapulco. Also, got some Bad Brains and 7 Seconds for some old school punk.

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since I saw that damned Lincoln TV commercial, I was on a frantic search for the cover of Peter Shilling's Major Tom-it didn't take me too long to find it:

Normally, Shiny Toy Guns isn't my cup of tea but I really dig this remake with a female vocalist. Although being a child of the 80's, the original will always have a special place in my memory. (And to a lesser extent, so does David Bowie's Space Oddity).

Although being a child of the 80's, the original will always have a special place in my memory.

I prefer the New Originals, who ultimately became Spinal Tap, since the the Originals was taken - as evidenced by your special place in your memory for them, even though the New Originals were better.

Pete

You'll take Peter Schiling over Bowie? Blasphemer! :p

To his credit, David Bowie will always make a better Goblin King than Schiling.

I prefer the New Originals, who ultimately became Spinal Tap, since the the Originals was taken - as evidenced by your special place in your memory for them, even though the New Originals were better.

Pete

Some of their work is in D minor which I find is the saddest of all keys. I weep instantly when I hear it, and I don't know why...

You'll take Peter Schiling over Bowie? Blasphemer! :p

I wouldn't take Schilling over Bowie. I like Bowie, however, anyone remember the Ziggy Stardust cover done by Bauhaus? Soooo much better than Bowie's version, of course, Peter Murphy is probably one of the greatest voices ever. I'm going to have to pull out the old Bauhaus CD's now and give them a spin.

New Prodigy album was surprisingly good...

Been listening to lately:

Alice In Chains : Dirt (revisiting my teenage angst I guess)

Killing Joke : Pandemonium (probably the most underrated album of all time)

Skinny Puppy: Cleanse, Fold + Manipulate

Pig : Genuine American Monster

Fugazi : Repeater

Front 242: Pulse

Depeche Mode : Violator

I wouldn't take Schilling over Bowie. I like Bowie, however, anyone remember the Ziggy Stardust cover done by Bauhaus? Soooo much better than Bowie's version, of course, Peter Murphy is probably one of the greatest voices ever. I'm going to have to pull out the old Bauhaus CD's now and give them a spin.

Ziggy Stardust is an easy song to play, but it's really difficult to play well. Bauhaus played it very well indeed, but they don't top Bowie's version in my opinion.

Of course, a lot of that is due to the fact that if I hear Ziggy Stardust, and it DOESN'T immediately zoom into Suffragette City, it feels like half the song's been cut off.

I will say that I like Bauhaus's version of Telegram Sam better than T.Rex's, and I like T.Rex's A LOT.

Ziggy Stardust is an easy song to play, but it's really difficult to play well. Bauhaus played it very well indeed, but they don't top Bowie's version in my opinion.

Of course, a lot of that is due to the fact that if I hear Ziggy Stardust, and it DOESN'T immediately zoom into Suffragette City, it feels like half the song's been cut off.

I will say that I like Bauhaus's version of Telegram Sam better than T.Rex's, and I like T.Rex's A LOT.

True...I think the reason I feel Bauhaus version is better is because it was performed by 4 very talented musicians. It's rare when a band comes together with each member being such a visionary and superior artist. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Bowie, who is an excellent vocalist and even more talented songwriter. I just think Bauhaus's execution of the song was better, due to the fact that Murphy is the better singer, and the band themselves are superior in every way to Bowie's band at the time.

True...I think the reason I feel Bauhaus version is better is because it was performed by 4 very talented musicians. It's rare when a band comes together with each member being such a visionary and superior artist. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Bowie, who is an excellent vocalist and even more talented songwriter. I just think Bauhaus's execution of the song was better, due to the fact that Murphy is the better singer, and the band themselves are superior in every way to Bowie's band at the time.

I like Bauhaus a lot (and even hung out with David J one evening...nice guy), but I wouldn't say that they were better than Bowie and his band at the time.

I doubt Mick Ronson could've pulled off some of the stuff that Daniel Ash did, but likewise, I doubt Daniel Ash could've pulled off a lot of Ronson's riffs.

As for Bowie and Peter Murphy's vocal stylings, it's pretty much apples and oranges. Bowie has more range, though, I think. And I think he's a far better lyricist. (Musically, "In the Flat Field" is my favorite Bauhaus album, but some of the lyrics really make me cringe...)

But saying that I think Bauhaus isn't quite as good as Bowie isn't any slag on them in my book. Bowie is really in the top of top five for me, so it's kind of like saying that a very good movie isn't quite as good as Fellini at his best. It's still a high compliment even to be considered worthy of comparison.

I like Bauhaus a lot (and even hung out with David J one evening...nice guy), but I wouldn't say that they were better than Bowie and his band at the time.

I doubt Mick Ronson could've pulled off some of the stuff that Daniel Ash did, but likewise, I doubt Daniel Ash could've pulled off a lot of Ronson's riffs.

As for Bowie and Peter Murphy's vocal stylings, it's pretty much apples and oranges. Bowie has more range, though, I think. And I think he's a far better lyricist. (Musically, "In the Flat Field" is my favorite Bauhaus album, but some of the lyrics really make me cringe...)

But saying that I think Bauhaus isn't quite as good as Bowie isn't any slag on them in my book. Bowie is really in the top of top five for me, so it's kind of like saying that a very good movie isn't quite as good as Fellini at his best. It's still a high compliment even to be considered worthy of comparison.

Well, I know you can't really compare the two, except for that one song they both did a version of. I don't know, the lyrics, the notes, I always felt Bowie's version wasn't aggresive enough, and Bauhaus made it darker sounding, aggresive, and even a smidge of punkish angst to it.

As for talent, they're all talented, don't get me wrong. Of course not everyone can be as talented as Pop Will Eat Itself...

On another note, we all talk about music we like, what about the music we like that we don't admit to anyone we like? You know, the bottom of the CD rack "That's my wife/girlfriends/ex's CD...Here's come of mine, they're pretty bad:

Jesus Jones

EMF

Savage Garden

Katy Perry (I know...Hot n' cold is just too catchy though...)

GWAR (slaught-o-rama...all I can say about that)

Edited by Excillon

Ever since I saw that damned Lincoln TV commercial, I was on a frantic search for the cover of Peter Shilling's Major Tom-it didn't take me too long to find it:

Normally, Shiny Toy Guns isn't my cup of tea but I really dig this remake with a female vocalist. Although being a child of the 80's, the original will always have a special place in my memory. (And to a lesser extent, so does David Bowie's Space Oddity).

Thanks, I enjoyed that. :)

Wern't Bauhaus born out of the same punk movement as Joy Division? Basically four ordinary guys who happened to be in the right place at the right time and stumbled into brilliance. Bauhaus had an emphasis on live preformance pieces tho, but from what I remember both bands use to attend each others gigs.

I actually prefer the Bauhaus cover of Ziggy as well, but I was never a huge Bowie fan, but was a huge Bauhaus fan. Telegram Sam not so much but Rosegarden Funeral Of Sores again wins out in my humble (and biased) opinion. ;)

Peter Murphy's earliaer solo I stuff I like as well, especially 'Deep' - I was totally mesmerised when I first heard "Cuts You Up" (awful video tho).

I like Bauhaus a lot (and even hung out with David J one evening...nice guy),..

Lucky bugger, arn't the bass player and drummer brothers? I think the J is his middle initial... The drummer (Haskins?) was the one who looked 'normal' ;)

To many good groups and tunes to list, Anything thats good or creative I'll listen too, but heres a few:

Queen, AC/DC, U2, Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, RUSH, The Appleseed cast, Zeppelin, Sublime, KISS, Macross soundtracks, Like I said to many titles to list.

Of odd interest, though I love the Hendrix version of "All along the watch tower", the Battlestar version is awesome if you haven't heard it yet!!

Of odd interest, though I love the Hendrix version of "All along the watch tower", the Battlestar version is awesome if you haven't heard it yet!!

Ah hell, if we're talking about the BGS soundtracks, you've gotta add Prelude to War to the list of "must listen to" tracks.

It was absolutely pitch perfect for the ending of the first Pegasus episode, and it's one of those non-stop, tension-building pieces that gets you ready for a FIGHT!!

Ah hell, if we're talking about the BGS soundtracks, you've gotta add Prelude to War to the list of "must listen to" tracks.

It was absolutely pitch perfect for the ending of the first Pegasus episode, and it's one of those non-stop, tension-building pieces that gets you ready for a FIGHT!!

Its 3rd on my playlist!! B))

ust discovered this band "Aural Vampire" a few weeks ago on youtube. Apparently they've played a few Anime conventions in various countries ( the latest being Katsucon, I believe) Anyway I cannot get enough of these two songs do yourself a favour and give them a go. I'm not going to try and label them as far as genre as that has become increasingly difficult - suffice it to say that the music is created electronically and it has stong dancibility with some aggressive overtones whilst the lyrics tend to be on the darker side.

(now you're curious right? ) If you click let me know what you think,

Shonan Zoku

Does anyone know where I can get a song from a CD that's no longer made, and the MP3's are impossible to find. It's an early 90's industrial band "Institute for the criminally insane" and the song is called "Slasher". It's the song playing in Hitman Blood money, when you go to club hell.

I just downloaded* "Spanaway" by Seaweed. Haven't heard this one in a long time!!!

"It's unlaughable now, no it's not ok

you know you were screwing us both over anyway

i wish i could laugh but my laughs all tapped out

cause i sat alone as you worshiped your wallet

setting up goals or whatever you call it..."

*although I do not typically participate in downloading of music, this album is out of print and the band has broken up, so I don't have a problem with it in this case.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my friends was just named Runner-Up in the 2010 Guitar World Buyers Guide Model Search. She'll be featured in this month's issue of Guitar World magazine, which hits newsstands on July 14. In addition, she's now officially sponsored by Jackson Guitars. Here's her profile:

Courtney Cox (Not the actress)

Also, if you dig hard thrash metal, check out her boyfriend's band:

Warbringer