music

wyaxyz

Damn, looks like we will need to be updated through the band's Official websites then. :/

I don't want to miss out on MUSE this year if they are tourning, same as Metallica.

DEFINITELY keep an eye on MUSE's website, last time they toured here they had a presale on it for the Australian shows.

A band that I would love to see again would be Rammstein. Saw them a few years ago at the Enmore Theatre (all those fireworks going off in a wooden building) and they were great! Also saw Pulp at the Enmore in '98 (outstanding) as well as Oasis in 2002. (Awesome show) I saw Blur at the Metro theatre (they were good but they were drugged out of their minds) so the only other Britpop bands that I have yet to see are Radiohead.

Taksraven

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...all I can say is that these cover songs are very different. This is a supergroup from Finland consisting of members from Nightwish, Tarot, Sonata Arctica, Teräsbetoni and Charon.

Northern Kings

(Journey cover)

(Tina Turner cover)

(Cutting Crew cover)

(Phil Collins cover)

(Lionel Richie cover)

(Vince DiCola cover, originally from Rocky IV)

(Bon Jovi cover)

(Seal cover)

(Duran Duran cover)

(A-Ha cover)

(Kylie Minogue cover)

Hmmmm.... Not too impressed, but then again not much into the norse epic opera-metal stuff. It just sounds cheesy to me.

Except Therion. And only their really orchestrated stuff like Vovin and Deggial; and even Secret Of The Runes.

Any other Therion fans out there?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCiOFnGv2gg - first song/video of king & jester i was introduced to by my missus while we were living in Russia.

got a few live concert dvds of them in st petes.

this one is a good piss up with ur mate cheers song xD - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vjwOZUrUs6U&...feature=related

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6AOpGkxqA&...feature=related - another keeper

f'n love these guys - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=AEhULZw1Av0&...feature=related

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a sexy French song:

(the singer is German, but its still pretty hot ;) )

Ha! Funny story - I met my wife due to our mutual love of La Floa Maldita years ago. I was one of TWO people who had that band listed in their profile on AOL at the time when she randomly decided to do a search. I was also djing industrial music at a local club she frequently attended, so we didn't realize that we had already seen each other in person for awhile when we were chatting it up every night. Haha. Great band.

Ha! Funny story - I met my wife due to our mutual love of La Floa Maldita years ago. I was one of TWO people who had that band listed in their profile on AOL at the time when she randomly decided to do a search. I was also djing industrial music at a local club she frequently attended, so we didn't realize that we had already seen each other in person for awhile when we were chatting it up every night. Haha. Great band.

Yeah, definately a great band. One of those bands that should be bigger than they are but arent for some reason... On one hand I like having them all to myself, but on the other hand they should be better rewarded for their talent ;)

I love video game music, especially from the game systems from the eighties and nineties, so I've been listening to alot of stuff that users on YouTube have been uploading. I especially like remixes of old tunes. The Super Smash Bros Brawl soundtrack has alot of cool remixed tunes of familiar Nintendo tunes.

Oh yeah? Well, THIS song does all that, AND teaches you how to set up foursomes with swingin' French girls! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhO0Kfl5Ck

Sweet song. Serge Gainsbourg composed it. His daughter Charlotte released an album a few years ago that has become a favourite of mine, 5:55. Alot of it was written by Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) and Neil Hannon (Divine Comedy) so there is a subversive side to it's melencholly sounds. It was huge in France but I'm not sure about anywhere else.

The Operation

(fan video)

Ewwww...okay, you win...(Although, if that had been released in 1984 instead of whenever it actually came out, it would be pretty good, cutting-edge special effects).

Sweet song. Serge Gainsbourg composed it. His daughter Charlotte released an album a few years ago that has become a favourite of mine, 5:55. Alot of it was written by Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) and Neil Hannon (Divine Comedy) so there is a subversive side to it's melencholly sounds. It was huge in France but I'm not sure about anywhere else.

The Operation

(fan video)

I haven't heard Charlotte Gainsbourg's album, but I'll definitely look for it now. Thanks!

Serge is one of my favorite songwriters (although I like his songs for France Gall and Brigitte Bardot better than most of his other work), but I really think his most brilliant moment was saying, during a talk show with Whitney Houston, that he wanted to f*ck her. Classic.

Edited by Gubaba

Serge is one of my favorite songwriters (although I like his songs for France Gall and Brigitte bardot better than most of his other work), but I really think his most brilliant moment was saying, during a talk show with Whitney Houston, that he wanted to f*ck her. Classic.

OMG! He's THAT dude? Funny!!

Every fifteen-year-old boy in the world would heavily disagree with you.

(And anyway, I claim first rights, since I brought that video into this thread MONTHS ago.)

C'mon, man, watch this one, and then tell me Sabrina is worse:

However Alizee proves there is still a fifteen-year-old boy inside every man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICd_iHCDVog...feature=related

All this talking of French girls reminded me of this vid ^_^

Every fifteen-year-old boy in the world would heavily disagree with you.

(And anyway, I claim first rights, since I brought that video into this thread MONTHS ago.)

C'mon, man, watch this one, and then tell me Sabrina is worse:

OK Man, you asked for it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOIy4Kb9M4

REMEMBER. It is impossible to UNSEE and UNHEAR things......

Taksraven

I didn't know that Charlotte released an album, it seems that they are/were a very talented family. Personally, I think Jane Birkin is better but Charlotte's voice is really nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by1Q_8AEkfA

Of course, Jane and Serge together are just full of win:

Dear sweet lord I lost some respect for COB after hearing that. I still have most of their albums though, they are a pretty decent group.

As for me, I've got a heavy metal and industrial side to my collection. Some of my long standing favorites are KMFDM, Front 242 and VNV Nation. Used to be a huge Metallica fan, but I dunno, the new album is better but it doesn't recapture it totally for me. New additions to the library include Marduk (any of the albums with Legion or earlier, the new singer doesn't do it for me), Devian and Amon Amarth.

My standard line is "if it's Industrial, I'll probably like it" as for metal, it's kinda been like a drug. Metallica was like my gateway drug and I've been moving to harder bands as time goes on.

Dear sweet lord I lost some respect for COB after hearing that. I still have most of their albums though, they are a pretty decent group.

COB also does a cover of "Talk Dirty to Me".. brutal.. but so is the original. "Shot in the Dark" and "Aces High" are tolerable. Alexi really can't sing though.

CD of the week/month for me is Lamb of god - Wrath. Damn good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2LfMHivRE

I love video game music, especially from the game systems from the eighties and nineties, so I've been listening to alot of stuff that users on YouTube have been uploading. I especially like remixes of old tunes. The Super Smash Bros Brawl soundtrack has alot of cool remixed tunes of familiar Nintendo tunes.

Then would I be correct in assuming you visit OC Remix?

Anyway, I see your Rolf Harris and raise you one Tommy Seebach. ^_^

Bah, your Seebach is nothing compared to the rocking power of JOAN KIRNER!!! (Former Victorian State Premier)

Taksraven

(I can see this battle degenerating from worst video into people who should not be allowed near a microphone or guitar...)

(I can see this battle degenerating from worst video into people who should not be allowed near a microphone or guitar...)

The problem is that there is literally no end to incredibly bad videos...eventually, one or the other of us will have to pull out "Electronik Supersonik" by Zlad, "Don Quichotte" by Magazine 60, "Hard Rock Hallelujah" by Lordi, "Love Machine" by Morning Musume, or "We Built This City" by Starship...and none of us wants that.

So I call truce.

And I'll leave you with a band I used to hang out with. The violinist? She kissed me once. B))

And I'll leave you with a band I used to hang out with. The violinist? She kissed me once. B))

Kissed you where?? (Sorry, bad Blackadder joke)

OK, truce in force, for now.

Taksraven