music

wyaxyz

I still remember playing the original Gran Turismo and being totally blown away by the kick-ass guitar riffs of Ash's "Lose Control."

Always got a little more excited for a race when I heard that TIE Fighter flyby start up in the background! B))

Wow, I actually own that game, but never bothered to play enough of it to hear the song inclusion.

Yeah, it's one of the four or so songs that would be randomly picked as you're racing around the track ("Lose Control" and Garbage's "As Heaven is Wide" were the only two that I still remember fondly).

I also loved Maniac Street Preacher's "Everything Must Go," which is the intro music for the US release of GT1.

Hell, GT2 had a solid soundtrack too:

* Cardigan's "My Favourite Game";

* Apollo 440's "Cold Rock the Mic";

* STP's "Sex Type Thing"; and

* Garbage's "I Think I'm Paranoid"

Good ol' fashioned balls-to-the-walls music that makes you wanna drive fast! Heck, the GT soundtracks inspired me to burn my own CD of fast driving music.

Lush was good (favorite was Carmen), but I loved Sleper & Echobelly more. And Graham, is Ash still around? Did they put out an album after 1977 (title, not year obviously).

Ash put out a few more albums after 1977, and a chick joined the band. But after their debut album, they tended to fizzle out and become a little bit boring, like so many other bands.

Taksraven

Ash put out a few more albums after 1977, and a chick joined the band. But after their debut album, they tended to fizzle out and become a little bit boring, like so many other bands.

Taksraven

Crazy, I'm super out of the music loops these days, too many crap bands. I'll stick with Trailer & 1977 then.

Abba, Bee Gees, Blondie aka Debra Harry, Bonny M, The Carpenters and the new millennium career revival successes Kylie Minogue and Rick Astley. :D

Correction sir, Blondie is "NOT" Debra Harry, Blondie is the group as a whole.

I've recently discovered Queens of the Stone Age (again) mostly only seen two of their hits, Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, and C_C_C_C_C_COCAIN! (sorry forgot the songs name) awesome. I love their sound. And the recent song that has got me hot on their trail is the one where they are driving along and hit a stag, then he opens up a can of whoop ass on them and ropes onto the 4x4. XD Brilliant song!

But most of all GUYS check out Go With the Flow video on YouTube, kick ass song, extremely trippy (like most of their stuff) wow what a cool music vid!!!! Love it, i might try and buy a few of their albums.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've recently discovered Queens of the Stone Age (again) mostly only seen two of their hits, Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, and C_C_C_C_C_COCAIN! (sorry forgot the songs name) awesome. I love their sound. And the recent song that has got me hot on their trail is the one where they are driving along and hit a stag, then he opens up a can of whoop ass on them and ropes onto the 4x4. XD Brilliant song!

But most of all GUYS check out Go With the Flow video on YouTube, kick ass song, extremely trippy (like most of their stuff) wow what a cool music vid!!!! Love it, i might try and buy a few of their albums.

Just helping you out with a few links, bro. ;)

Go with the flow.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UiU7o7hRJmE

No One Knows (feat. Dave Grohl on drums)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YnyRUzgqj7k

Feel Good Hit of the Summer (C_C_C_C_C_COCAINE!)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSvhDbEmoA

(Warning, some of these clips include scantily clad women and sexual simulation/content, maybe NSFW and only really suitable for ADULTS, you have been warned)

Taksraven

Ahh yeah that's the one, i would have placed up links but youtube is blocked at work. :lol:

No One Knows is my second fav.

And yes, they WIN for the overuse of sexy laydeis in almost all the clips!!

Burn the Witch is pretty cool also.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Go with the flow is the only song by them I ever liked. They just never caught on with me. Anyone remember Placebo? For some strange reason, I had a horrible urge to listen to them today. Them and Orgy...I don't know why, I was never a big Orgy fan, the only song they ever did that I really liked was Spectrum, the hidden song on their second CD. Here's a good question though, if you could only have 10 albums to listen to for the rest of your life, what would they be? Here's mine:

1. Depeche Mode: Violator

2. Faith No More: Angel Dust

3. Ministry: Twitch

4. Skinny Puppy : Bites/Remissions

5. Front 242 : Front by Front (sony release)

6. Pig: Sinsation

7. Nirvana: Incesticide

8. VNV Nation : Futureperfect

9. Pop Will Eat Itself : The looks or the lifestyle

10. Aphex Twin : The Richard James album

Go with the flow is the only song by them I ever liked. They just never caught on with me. Anyone remember Placebo? For some strange reason, I had a horrible urge to listen to them today. Them and Orgy...I don't know why, I was never a big Orgy fan, the only song they ever did that I really liked was Spectrum, the hidden song on their second CD. Here's a good question though, if you could only have 10 albums to listen to for the rest of your life, what would they be? Here's mine:

Ahh yeah i like a few songs from Placebo but -

it's a guy! no girl! guy, girl, guy, girl.... wtf??? :lol:

Here's a good question though, if you could only have 10 albums to listen to for the rest of your life, what would they be? Here's mine:

Cool list. Those are some of my favorite bands. My list:

1. U2 - Joshua Tree

2. OMD - Best Of

3. Cure - Disintegration

4. Information Society - Dont Be Afraid

5. Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park

6. Front 242 - Re:Boot

7. Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining

8. Front Line Assembly - Tactical Neural Implant

9. Nick Cave - Henry's Dream

10. OMD - Pacific Age

Hmmm...what a tough choice. Well, here's my top 10:

1. Iron Maiden - Live After Death

2. Queen - Live at Wembley '86

3. Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

4. AC/DC - Back in Black

5. Judas Priest - Metal Works '73-'93

6. Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

7. KISS - Alive! 1975-2000

8. Van Halen - Fair Warning

9. Bon Jovi - New Jersey

10. Def Leppard - Hysteria

Hmmm...what a tough choice. Well, here's my top 10:

2. Queen - Live at Wembley '86

3. Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

4. AC/DC - Back in Black

5. Judas Priest - Metal Works '73-'93

6. Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

7. KISS - Alive! 1975-2000

8. Van Halen - Fair Warning

9. Bon Jovi - New Jersey

10. Def Leppard - Hysteria

Wow...that's a lotta testosterone... :D

Anyway, if we're doing Desert Island Discs, here's mine (in no particular order):

1. The Velvet Underground - Peel Slowly and See

2. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

3. France Gall - Poupée de son

4. The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society (Deluxe Edition)

5. The Brilliant Green - The Brilliant Green

6. Shiina Ringo - Karuki, Zaamen, Kuri no Hana

7. Pixies - Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim

8. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

9. The Beatles - Rubber Soul

10. Love - Forever Changes

At any rate, that's what it would be if I were choosing them now...it may change tomorrow...

Wait a minute - why settle with just 10 albums when you can have all of your albums on one MP3 player?

Exactly right. My mp3 player has so much stuff on it i would be here all day listing it all. At the moment i have all nine inch nails albums on it as well as most of pink floyds albums, ill at ease by the mark of cain, the natural born killers soundtrack, the great destroyer by low, the complete spoken word albums of both jello biafra and

Henry

Edited by taksraven

Joy Division - Closer

New Order - Substance

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Garbage - Garbage

R.E.M. - Best of

The Go-Betweens - Bellavista Terrace

Tool - Aenima

Which may be interchanged with:

Hunters and Collectors - Collected Works

The Cure - Disintergration

Depech Mode - Music For The Masses

Midnight Oil - 10... 1

The Jam - Greatest Hits

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Best of

The Cocteau Twins - Treasure

This Mortal Coil - It Will End In Tears

Nirvanna - Nevermind

Tears for Fears - The Hurting

The Beautiful South - 0898

Air - Moon Safari

The National - Boxer

The The - Infected

Beth Orton - Central Reservation

A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms

Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing

yeah, I could go on forever...

Wait a minute - why settle with just 10 albums when you can have all of your albums on one MP3 player?

Yeah, I thought of that as I was posting...the "Desert Island Disc" is probably on its way out...but "Desert Island iPod" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Joy Division - Closer

New Order - Substance

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Garbage - Garbage

R.E.M. - Best of

The Go-Betweens - Bellavista Terrace

Tool - Aenima

Which may be interchanged with:

Hunters and Collectors - Collected Works

The Cure - Disintergration

Depech Mode - Music For The Masses

Midnight Oil - 10... 1

The Jam - Greatest Hits

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Best of

The Cocteau Twins - Treasure

This Mortal Coil - It Will End In Tears

Nirvanna - Nevermind

Tears for Fears - The Hurting

The Beautiful South - 0898

Air - Moon Safari

The National - Boxer

The The - Infected

Beth Orton - Central Reservation

A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms

Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing

yeah, I could go on forever...

Wow...good list. I love 4AD (well, the older stuff; haven't heard much that they've put out recently).

umm maybe the MP3 player we get stuck with on the island is only half a GB or less lol

My top ten albums that I'd have to have on the desert island

2. Pantera - Far Beyond Driven

3. Machine Head - Burn My Eyes

4. Metallica - Master of Puppets

5. Lamb of god - Ashes of the Wake

6. Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

7. Slayer - Reign in Blood

8. AC/DC - Back in Black

9. Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

10. Gojira - The Way of All Flesh

Edited by bandit29

Abba, Bee Gees, Blondie aka Debra Harry, Bonny M, The Carpenters and the new millennium career revival successes Kylie Minogue and Rick Astley. :D

Boney M? We got this commercial over here some time ago, pretty funny.

Read the comments to get a translation.

Here's a good question though, if you could only have 10 albums to listen to for the rest of your life, what would they be? Here's mine:

This is always a hard one. For me, it changes slightly every time I'm asked, which means I'd probably die if limited to just ten albums :)

But here we go:

U2 - Achtung, Baby

Led Zeppelin - IV

The Tea Party - The Edges of Twilight

The Roots - Game Theory

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

The Police - Ghost In The Machine

Radiohead - The Bends

Elliott Smith - Figure 8

This is always a hard one. For me, it changes slightly every time I'm asked, which means I'd probably die if limited to just ten albums :)

But here we go:

U2 - Achtung, Baby

Led Zeppelin - IV

The Tea Party - The Edges of Twilight

The Roots - Game Theory

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

The Police - Ghost In The Machine

Radiohead - The Bends

Elliott Smith - Figure 8

Yeah, Achtung baby was number 11 for me, followed by Disintegration for the Cure at number 12. But I just listened to Aphex Twin after forgetting about him for 2 years, and I totally remembered how great that CD is. He BARELY edged out U2.

top 10, dunno i'll place up a top 5` for now and edit later..

placings go to never get sick of and always return to's -

(tied) no.1 Metallica - Death Magnetic & King and Jester (russian punk rockers) <-- anything from them, never get sick of em!

no.2 Metallica - Garage Days

no.3 Metallica - Load

no.4 Stabbing Westward - Ungod

no.5 KoRn - Issues and the first two albums (Life Is Peachy & KoRn are equally as good)

Can't see i'm a Metal licker fan could ya... sorry if it seems rather bland, but i can always go back to these and mix it up with MUSE,

Rammstein, Pain, Black Eyed Peas, The Presets, My Chemical Romance, and AFI (among others).

Never get sick of Macross tunes, NEVER.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah, Achtung baby was number 11 for me, followed by Disintegration for the Cure at number 12. But I just listened to Aphex Twin after forgetting about him for 2 years, and I totally remembered how great that CD is. He BARELY edged out U2.

The hardest part was distilling my favorite bands down to a single album. The TRULY good bands put out so much quality material it's nearly impossible to choose a favorite. U2, Radiohead, RATM, The Police, and Led Zeppelin were torture to choose just one. U2 was probably the hardest because I've been a fan of them the longest and just by virtue of when I was born, they were the band of my era, so to speak. Been a fan for decades and it kills me to choose just one of their albums. Perhaps on another day I would have chosen War, Unforgettable Fire, Boy or Joshua Tree. I have a real post-punk fondness for U2's Boy album. Though they've made better albums, there's just something about that era of U2 that can't quite be matched the same ever again.

A new one from Cannibal Corpse (Evisceration Plague) is being released in early February. I'm looking forward to that, as well as the Centuries of Torment DVD that my wife is picking up as a belated b-day present for me. Probably not a lot of people on here that are into that kind of music though...

Wow, this is tough! Let me think about this for awhile..

In no particular order:

1. Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman

2. The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs

3. Pink Floyd - Animals

4. Haujobb - Solutions for a Small Planet

5. Fad Gadget - The Best of Fad Gadget

6. Mr. Bungle - California

7. Shiny Toy Guns - We Are Pilots

8. Seabound - Double-Crosser

9. Portishead - Portishead

10. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

...but I would still long to hear so many other brilliant bands... crap, I'd just fill up my iPod. :lol:

bandit29's probably gonna throw something out the window when he hears this... :ph34r:

haha ya I have this...kill me.

Coheed and Cambria's version of the Trooper is almost as brutal lol music isn't bad but...

There's a few good covers on that Maiden Heaven CD. Metallica "Remember Tomorrow", Machine Head "Hallowed Be Thy Name, Dream Theater "To Tame a Land" and Black Tide "Prowler" are probably the best.

Edited by bandit29

Wow, this is tough! Let me think about this for awhile..

In no particular order:

3. Pink Floyd - Animals

10. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

Good work, two albums that are permanent fixtures on my Iriver. Get the Downward Spiral Deluxe edition if you don't already. The original album is much the same but the bonus disc includes most of the best non-NIN album tracks from the 90's including Burn, Dead Souls, Memorabilia, etc........

Hey, I'm going to see Cradle of Filth in May. Anybody seen them here?

Taksraven

taksraven mate, what the best website to check on all up-n-coming 2009 concert dates?

There are a couple of bands i want to look out for...

P.S. which seat you want at the con? :p

Its funny that you should ask that about which website is the best for checking out up and coming concerts. As far as I can tell there is no single definitive website which keeps listings of upcoming gigs for bands in Australia. This is not an acceptable situation and as a result I have missed out on MANY good concerts because I did not know that tickets were going on sale.

Whats even more stupid is the fact that the same band can have tickets available for different cities through both of the main ticket selling websites. In other words if, say for instance, the Smashing Pumpkins were going to tour, their Sydney and Perth tickets might be available through Ticketek and tickets for all the other capital cities may be available through Ticketmaster.

If there is one SINGLE website that lists all upcoming 2009 tour dates in Australia for all artists I don't know about it and would like to if it exists.

Generally, when I am looking around to see what is coming up, I usually search by band (looking at an artists official website) or by venues that I like. www.metrotheatre.com.au for the Metro in Sydney is a great website for upcoming concerts, as it www.enmoretheatre.com.au for the Enmore Theatre. Moshtix is another good website to look at for tickets but generally they handle artists that are "smaller".

As for the con, I am still thinking about that and I will get back to you ASAP. 2009 is looking to be a pretty busy year for me so far.

Taksraven

Damn, looks like we will need to be updated through the band's Official websites then. :/

I don't want to miss out on MUSE this year if they are tourning, same as Metallica.

Would have loved to have seen Smashing Pumpkins...

Ok mate, let me know when you get the chance about the con. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie