music

wyaxyz

Well, recently I have downloaded all of the studio albums released by Ayumi Hamasaki. Never really having listened to her music, I'm kind of liking it. Maybe I'll try Utada next.

Other than that, I'm listening to crap like Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, 80's hair metal bands, whatever...

Other than that, I'm listening to crap like Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, 80's hair metal bands, whatever...

Don't put that stuff down (except the 80's hair metal), have pride in your musical tastes and don't let anyone tell you that your music sucks.*

Taksraven

* Unless you are a fan of Nickleback with that poodle for a lead singer.

You love Mospeada and all my favorite bands? Damn, why can't I know people like you in real life?

There's a few of us pop kids still out here. I wish Insoc (the REAL insoc) would put out another album, dammit. Wasn't Depeche Mode supposed to be coming out with something in the near future?

You love Mospeada and all my favorite bands? Damn, why can't I know people like you in real life?

LOL, I feel the same way! There just arent enough 80's anime luvin', synth-pop listening, Industrial fans around :)

I wish Insoc (the REAL insoc) would put out another album, dammit. Wasn't Depeche Mode supposed to be coming out with something in the near future?

I love InSoc :) This was my first cassette tape! I actually think Don't Be Afraid is the best album released by the band, but thats just me. I know its just Kurt and not the rest of the crew, but I read a ton of interviews and Kurt's reason's for releasing that album was that he's been a fan of Industrial music longer than the band has been around. Maybe he should have changed the name, but it still rates as one of my top 20 all time favorite albums.

Hmmmm... I just looked at Amazon and apparently they released a new album a year ago? I haven't heard it yet. I'll have to check it out.

I guess this new album is the old line-up, not just Kurt. Actually just the opposite of Don't Be afraid, Kurt is only on one song :(

From Amazon.com:

Information Society - Synthesizer

About the Artist

Although Information Society has always been a "creative collective," most fans consider the trio of Kurt Harland/Larson, Paul Robb and James Cassidy to be the band's "classic lineup." With a platinum album, several Top 10 singles and a number of world tours to their credit, it's hard to argue. Luckily for fans, this classic lineup is back together, and judging by the reaction from fans at their Madison Square Garden show in July 2007, the group is in fine form.

"Synthesizer" features Kurt, Paul and James as well as other special guests and members of the "InSoc Continuum," including singer Christopher Anton and even former teen idol Colleen FitzPatrick (aka Vitamin C). Fans of the band's best-known hits like "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)," "Running" and "Think" will find this new album to be familiar without being stale. Those who follow the current crop of electro-pop bands will also find plenty to love about "Synthesizer," including a greater appreciation of the influence that Information Society had (and still has) on so many successful electronic artists.

Product Description

"Synthesizer" is the first new Information Society album in a decade. During the prior ten years, the band was patiently waiting for the music industry to catch up to it. Information Society was among the first bands ever to add computer-data content to a music CD (back in 1988) and has continued to push the boundaries of technology, not only in the creation of music but in the delivery of it. "Synthesizer" itself is innovative: an album that sounds like classic new wave synthpop...if the genre had just been invented today. It's fresh and vital but retains all of Information Society's signature sound.

Edited by Totoro242

There's a few of us pop kids still out here. I wish Insoc (the REAL insoc) would put out another album, dammit. Wasn't Depeche Mode supposed to be coming out with something in the near future?

Information Society? Damn, I only know one song of theirs ("What's on Your Mind"). So they're not just a one-hit-wonder?

Except for Erasure and A-Ha, I don't really keep track of my favorite 80's bands' new stuff. I usually think the new stuff sucks anyway. Although A-ha's latest album has one song I really like called "All I want." The singer from Erasure recently released a solo song called "Crazy" that's really good too. New Order had a great song in 2005 called "Jet Stream Lover". I don't know about Depeche Mode. I think the last song they made that I liked was "Enjoy the Silence."

EDIT: I've been listening to

a lot lately. Explicit lyrics! If you're not at work, you should find it pretty hilarious. Edited by danth

Information Society? Damn, I only know one song of theirs ("What's on Your Mind"). So they're not just a one-hit-wonder?

Except for Erasure and A-Ha, I don't really keep track of my favorite 80's bands' new stuff. I usually think the new stuff sucks anyway. Although A-ha's latest album has one song I really like called "All I want." The singer from Erasure recently released a solo song called "Crazy" that's really good too. New Order had a great song in 2005 called "Jet Stream Lover". I don't know about Depeche Mode. I think the last song they made that I liked was "Enjoy the Silence."

EDIT: I've been listening to

a lot lately. Explicit lyrics! If you're not at work, you should find it pretty hilarious.

Check out Dont Be Afraid by InSoc. Really dark industrial album.

Your link has been pulled by You Tube, what was it?

Oh hell yeah! For some reason, a lot of InSoc fans detest Don't Be Afraid, but I think it was their best album. I guess it depends on what part of the musical spectrum you're coming from. I've been listening to/DJing/breathing industrial music for most of my life, so the harder edge of that album appeals to me far more than the "fluffier" stuff. The new CD, for instance, has zero appeal to me. But then again, I'm not ashamed to admit I absolutely LOVE lighter bands like Erasure, And One, OMD, Thermostatic and the like. :)

I've been listening to a lot of synth/rock stuff lately ("industrial light" perhaps? ^_^) : Shiny Toy Guns, The Delta Fiasco, The Birthday Massacre, etc. I also recently discovered a new synthpop band called Midnight Resistance, who remind me of DE/Vision meets New Order. And Ashbury Heights (once you get used to the male singer's...different...voice) is too catchy for its own good. :lol:

GNR Chinese Democracy...meh 15 years for this? Some of its very dated, some of it sounds new, Axl's screeeeeching has become worse..I'm glad I didn't pay for it..

I find it hard to believe that people are stunned that this is a bit of a disappointment. Most overcooked albums do disappoint, especially when they take THIS long to produce.

I wonder what it was that got him to finally release this? Record company pressure, thumbscrews?

Taksraven

I find it hard to believe that people are stunned that this is a bit of a disappointment. Most overcooked albums do disappoint, especially when they take THIS long to produce.

I wonder what it was that got him to finally release this? Record company pressure, thumbscrews?

Taksraven

I wouldn't say I'm stunned that's it disappointing or mediocre ..most of GNR music is mediocre. Its just that after all this time you'd think it would be better than just mediocre. Not perfect 10's or anything but better than the generic piece of crap that Chinese Democracy is.

True that nothing ever lives up to the hype. Well The Dark Knight was damn close

Why it was released? Who knows. Money of course is one. Maybe Axl wanted new GNR songs in Guitar Hero or Rockband lol

Hahahahaha! That is awesome! My friend works at Nickelodeon, I have to send that to him!!

Haha, glad you like it. How cool to work at Nickelodeon! Yeah, I've never heard of Lazy Town until that video...but damn it seems like a cool show! I checked out some more Lazy Town music videos on youtube and they're really cute. Way better than Barney or Teletubbies. And the music is actually pretty catchy. Finally a show parents can watch with kids without wanting to kill themselves.

Haha, glad you like it. How cool to work at Nickelodeon! Yeah, I've never heard of Lazy Town until that video...but damn it seems like a cool show! I checked out some more Lazy Town music videos on youtube and they're really cute. Way better than Barney or Teletubbies. And the music is actually pretty catchy. Finally a show parents can watch with kids without wanting to kill themselves.

If you like Lazy Town, you'll LOVE this:

Be scared. Be very a-scared.

Here's another example of how NOT to cover metal. Hell, I was surprised it amused Slayer enough for them to send her some free T-shirts.

Tori Amos covers Slayer's "Raining Blood"

f'n christ...wtf..wow that is beyond awful..

Ah, you're taking it all too seriously. Tori Amos's cover album has some stinkers on it, but that ain't one of 'em.

And I'm thrilled because I just finished downloading roughly ten hours of Velvet Underground bootlegs, so I'm happier than a pig in sh*t.

Edited by Gubaba

im listning to :p....

drum'n'bass, ambient, chillout, jazz, acid/hard/funky/tribal techno, rock classics ( Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and sruff :p), alt/prog rock/industrial ( tool, aPC, NIN, filter etc. ), im listning to Fire Bomber ( if that a surprise lol? :D ), japanese traditional music

im listning to hell of a lot of music :p

Your link has been pulled by You Tube, what was it?

Not bad, I'd heard a few of those tracks before. Anyone who listens to Industiral/synthpop etc. should really check out these groups:

VNV Nation : They also do a slamming cover of Circling Overland by Front 242

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0LYOq2iGI

Also:

Imperative Reaction

Boom Boom Satellites

God module

im gonna share something with you guys :p check out http://www.sutemos.net/ :p it's a Lithuanian net label. you can download releases for free on the website. Leon Somov feat. Jazzu - Offline Remixed will own you for sure ~ sweet chillout/ambient

*listning Without You~ Instrumental*

cheers people~! spread the love :***

edit*

ohhh my~ Tricky/Unkle mode :p

Edited by crescens

Not bad, I'd heard a few of those tracks before. Anyone who listens to Industiral/synthpop etc. should really check out these groups:

VNV Nation : They also do a slamming cover of Circling Overland by Front 242

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0LYOq2iGI

Also:

Imperative Reaction

Boom Boom Satellites

God module

I think you wanted to link this:

For some reason I have not been a fan of VNV Nation or any of the other 90's synth-pop acts. Just doesnt do it for me. Maybe its the vox or the "EBM lite" sound. I like a couple of songs by Angels and Agony, but thats as close as I can get.

This cover is okay, but since its one of my fav Front 242 songs, its just about impossible to make it better ;) I think the original is so brilliant in its simplicity and slow, yet heavy pacing. This version misses that.

I think you wanted to link this:

For some reason I have not been a fan of VNV Nation or any of the other 90's synth-pop acts. Just doesnt do it for me. Maybe its the vox or the "EBM lite" sound. I like a couple of songs by Angels and Agony, but thats as close as I can get.

This cover is okay, but since its one of my fav Front 242 songs, its just about impossible to make it better ;) I think the original is so brilliant in its simplicity and slow, yet heavy pacing. This version misses that.

I know what you mean, with the exception of VNV, Imperative, and a small handful of others, I'm not all that impressed. Like Assemblage 23, I HATE them. or Apoptygma Berzerk...

Circling Overland is my favorite 242 song hands down...so much so I've been working on a custom decal sheet to make a 1/72 Hasegawa VE-1 model solely dedicated to that song, with the front by front ball thing on the face of the big radar dish on top, among other 242 designs placed elsewhere. Just seems fitting.

I've recently found that I really like the Killer's "When you were young". I guess I'm a couple years behind. I checked out some other songs of theirs on Youtube but they weren't as good. "Human" was okay though.

They have a few other good songs, especially off the "Hot Fuss" album. Could have seen them in concert last year for about 50$ but I didn't go and have regretted it since.

Taksraven