music

wyaxyz

Grew up with West Coast gangsta rap, metal, and ska. I listen to pretty much everything, though. One of my guiltiest pleasures is listening to rancheras, even though I've only learned to speak Spanish at an elementary level.

Anywho, here's a blast from the past; one of the funniest/weirdest (IMHO) music videos I've ever seen.

Slightly NSFW

Mon Dieu! Mon Dieu!

You guys are absolutely right. Watched the clip yesterday and now I can't drive my car or take a shower without hearing that damned song in my head....:D

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gotta agree with you there. Hip-hop used to be a conduit to tell the story of urban youth fighting the tyrannical force of oppression that is the LAPD... now it's just stupid - "hey i'm king of teh club y'all!" verbal diarrhea.

I wish...

6xdgg.jpg

:huh: ?

I wish...

... I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller...

Future of the Left - Last night at the Annandale Hotel. A brilliant show.

168763_1730456351121_1529867931_31742259_2940695_n.jpg

Nice shot.

They're just not the same without a heckler tho. ;)

Gotta agree with you there. Hip-hop used to be a conduit to tell the story of urban youth fighting the tyrannical force of oppression that is the LAPD... now it's just stupid - "hey i'm king of teh club y'all!" verbal diarrhea.

Kind of a funny attitude to take. Other genres have music have their light weight songs and themes, why should rap and hip and hop be any different? It's not as if metal is particularly socially conscious or the world is a better place because myriad country singers sang about their dead dogs and their favorite truck for so long.

Edited by eugimon

Surely you're not lumping Skee-lo's "I Wish" in with the likes of 50 Cent, T-Pain, and Lil Wayne? If you are, then I must be misinterpreting the lyrics in some way.

Time for some real music.

Gud juan, bro.

Edited by atomicscissors

I wish...

... I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller...

Nice shot.

They're just not the same without a heckler tho. ;)

Three things.

a) Were you there?

b) Were you the heckler?

c) Are you going to Tumbleweed at the Metro this week? (If yer not you should)

Three things.

a) Were you there?

b) Were you the heckler?

c) Are you going to Tumbleweed at the Metro this week? (If yer not you should)

Was I there last year? No, but I got to hear about it. Someone uploaded the Annandale shows to YouTube.

I saw Interpol the night before at The Enmore (They were tight but the sound was sh*t) so I wasn't really in the mood for being kicked and elbowed in the face, so I was near the back at the Annandale the next night. 'Lightsabre C*cksucking Blues' was awesome tho - head's throbbing just thinking about it. I wanted to see The National too, but couldn't make it. :(

I didn't even know Tumbleweed are still around... :rolleyes:

Next band I want to see will probably be Yeasayer in about a month.

Was I there last year? No, but I got to hear about it. Someone uploaded the Annandale shows to YouTube.

I saw Interpol the night before at The Enmore (They were tight but the sound was sh*t) so I wasn't really in the mood for being kicked and elbowed in the face, so I was near the back at the Annandale the next night. 'Lightsabre C*cksucking Blues' was awesome tho - head's throbbing just thinking about it. I wanted to see The National too, but couldn't make it. :(

I didn't even know Tumbleweed are still around... :rolleyes:

Next band I want to see will probably be Yeasayer in about a month.

Dude, I was there at the Annandale show too. I was closer to the front until a glass was thrown at me, then I moved back a bit. PM me next time you go to a show like that if you want and we'll have a mini MW convention.

'Lightsabre C*cksucking Blues' did rock. Easily the highlight of the night, and to be honest, one of the dirtiest and best songs evar!! I loved the way he dealt with the heckler b4 Manchasm though.

Great show. The entire thing has been uploaded on youtube as well.

Edited by taksraven

Okay, this is probably a MASSIVE long-shot, but does anyone know the artist and song title of the hook at the very beginning of this video?

I heard the actual instrumental song about a month ago on a local urban radio station (102.3 KJLH), and it also has a nice horns/brass section mixed in with the beat (not heard in the clip above).

Thank you, Spies Like Us!! I heard the above hook in this classic movie, looked at the soundtrack online, and BOO-YAH!

Not really feeling that part at the very beginning, but definitely love the rest of it.

one of the greatest songs ever.....

Absolutely no arguement there. Good video, too.

Oh, and areaseven, only ManOwaR are the Kings of Metal!!! No pedals, only pure, unadultarated METAL!!! Hell, they've got the Guiness World Record for being the loudest band ever.

Good cover, though.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Thank you, Spies Like Us!! I heard the above hook in this classic movie, looked at the soundtrack online, and BOO-YAH!

Not really feeling that part at the very beginning, but definitely love the rest of it.

Ha, ha. I just remember the movie now, where a bunch of Soviet soldiers piloting a Topol iCBM launcher unwind by partying to Soul Finger. Classic!

Absolutely no arguement there. Good video, too.

Oh, and areaseven, only ManOwaR are the Kings of Metal!!! No pedals, only pure, unadultarated METAL!!!

Good cover, though.

Ha. I love that prejudice that many so-called hardcore metalheads have, that nothing "electronic" or too technological can be involved in what they consider to be "true" heavy metal.

Most of it stems from the traditional prejudice that many guitar players have against many other instruments, especially keyboards and synthesizers. Like the other instruments are "not as real" as the guitars.

Hey, Wanzerfan, here is the true "METAL"!!