music

wyaxyz

No, she's a girl. A rather cute girl, I thought.

Unfortunately, she's also annoying as fuck.

If I said the first thought that came to my mind about that, this thread would be locked. Too bad.

Taksraven

Anyone else listen to Electric Six? They got me in trouble today, I was listening to "Gay bar" and my 10 year old daughter overheard it. Same thing happened with Marilyn Manson and White Zombie a few months back.

Anyone else listen to Electric Six? They got me in trouble today, I was listening to "Gay bar" and my 10 year old daughter overheard it. Same thing happened with Marilyn Manson and White Zombie a few months back.

Gay Bar is a great song. Story I heard is that the rest of Electric Six got a little bit scared of this song and as a result only the lead singer appeared in the clip as the rest of the band refused.

Taksraven

Going to the Soundwave Festival today (yay)

Headliners are Jimmy Eat World, Placebo, Paramore, Jane's Addiction and FAITH NO MORE!! HELL YEAH!!

See ya in the 'pit.

Taksraven

Faith No More is epic live! Enjoy...

Going to the Soundwave Festival today (yay)

Headliners are Jimmy Eat World, Placebo, Paramore, Jane's Addiction and FAITH NO MORE!! HELL YEAH!!

See ya in the 'pit.

Taksraven

Please tell me Mike Patton is still lead singing.

Jesus Jones

"Right Here, Right Now"

Steve Miller Band

"Abracadabra"

"The Joker"

"You Keep Rockin' Me Baby"

Dokken

"In My Dreams"

"Breaking the Chains"

Jim Stienman

"Wasted Youth" (I know it's on Meat Loaf's Bat out of Hell 2: Back into Hell album, but it's him doing the monolouge).

Alice in Chains

"What the Hell Have I?"

"Would?"

"Man in the Box" (uncut)

Metallica

"Wherever I May Roam"

"The Unforgiven"

"Ride the Lightning"

"Fade to Black"

"Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth" (Anesthesia was done on only one take, which shows you what a master bass player Cliff Burton was)

"The Memory Remains" (one of the better post Don't Tread on Me songs)

"Call of Kthulu" (excellent instrumental)

Cool!

How was the concert?!

They were FANTASTIC!! The last time I saw them was at exactly the same venue fifteen years ago and they were great then, and it was like the time between gigs made no difference.

The band came out without Patton and they started playing a slow song, and then Patton came out on a walking stick (does he really need a walking stick in any way. It mainly looks like a prop but he did use it a few times and he was waving one around in the "Falling to Pieces" videoclip.)

The first song they performed was a cover of Peaches and Herb's "Reunited" and the set just went from strength to strength from there.

They played most of their hits and the thing I really liked was that all the bandmembers looked really happy. If you believe media reports they were always a band that hated each others guts, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves the other night.

The only thing missing was Jim Martin, but he is ancient history as far as the band is concerned.

If you get a chance to see them, make sure you do...

Taksraven

If you get a chance to see them, make sure you do...

Taksraven

Really hoping that they come to Europe on tour this year. I've missed them once already and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again...

Really hoping that they come to Europe on tour this year. I've missed them once already and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again...

Make sure you go. I don't know how long this "reunion" is going to last for but I have a funny feeling that its not forever.

Taksraven

This morning, CNN reported about a new music video by the alternative band OK Go. It uses a giant Rube Goldberg machine and just one camera. Because of the precision required to operate the machine, a group of college engineers were brought in to construct it. Also, it required 60 takes to get it right. Broken TV sets and a piano are seen in the background of the final take as proof of the amount of trial and error.

I don't listen to this kind of music at all, but I have to give props to the band for their effort on making this video.

I got some more Seattle Sound that I like, other than Alice in Chains or Soundgarden.

Queensryche

-All of Operation Mindcrime

"Empire"

"I am I"

"Bridge"

"Promised Land"

"Damaged"

Queensryche had this great song I really used to like back in high school called "Silent Lucidity". Some of the last so called "power ballads" before grunge and indie swept it all away...

Not that that was a bad thing.....

Taksraven

Not at all. The music that came later was much better.

It must have been quite sudden and unexpected for the bands involved though. One day you're top of the world, filling stadiums and spending millions on booze and hairspray and just a year later no one cares about you.

Not at all. The music that came later was much better.

It must have been quite sudden and unexpected for the bands involved though. One day you're top of the world, filling stadiums and spending millions on booze and hairspray and just a year later no one cares about you.

All the hair metal going the way of the dinosaur was a beautiful sight.

And a lot of metal fans despise the emergence of grunge and alternative music now.

Taksraven

Queensryche had this great song I really used to like back in high school called "Silent Lucidity". Some of the last so called "power ballads" before grunge and indie swept it all away...
If you want that song, go and get the Empire album; another example of their good work.

You're right, you pretty much won there :p

The only thing that can probably one-up that vid is this impressive thing, a snippet of the Vocaloid Virtual Concert. It's one helluva of a smoke and mirrors, it looks pretty darn convincing, even when recorded.

I know the image is projected onto the screen, but at one point a camera went behind the screen and actually showed her back from behind. Anyone know how does that work? Bah, it's a reflection...

Obligatory Question: When will Sharon Apple arrive? :rolleyes:

[edit]Seems like Sega doesn't like to share.

Edited by shiroikaze