music

wyaxyz

My tastes in music run the gamut from 70's country to 80's Heavy Metal. I also like a lot of the new rock too.

I can't stand bad cover songs, dance mixes, newer country besides Travis Tritt and Toby Kieth.

One day when I was at the local Sonic and their radio station played a dance mix version of the Doobie Bros. "Listen to the Music Play". To say I wasn't pleased is putting it mildly.

I absolutely like Iron Maiden, but if you give me anything that has Blaze lead singing I will definately shove it down your throat. Megadeth is pretty awesome, too. I also like pre-Load/Reloaded Metallica (Cliff Burton was the one person who kept that band from sucking, too bad he died; I'm also glad that Newsted got sick and tired of Hetfield and Ulrich's crap and quit the band). Drowning Pool got a guy who's an excellent replacement for the lead singer they lost due to death (I love the video for "Enemy"). My brother turned me on to Dragonforce recently, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately on the pod it's been:

New Order tracks from Substance

Underworld: Pearl's Girl EP

Skinny Puppy: Mythmaker

VNV Nation: Of faith, power and glory

Nirvana: Incesticide

Sex Pistols/P.I.L.

Ministry: Twitch

Here goes (other things I like):

• David Newman "Cars"

Drowning Pool "Enemy"

Anything from ZZ Top

Steve Miller Band (I have yet to hear the uncut version of "Great Jet Airliner" on the radio)

Just about anything from Megadeth

Absolutely anything from Boston (too bad the lead singer passed away due to a heart attack)

Just about anything from Willie Neslon

Edited by Wanzerfan

Here goes (other things I like):

• David Newman "Cars"

Drowning Pool "Enemy"

Anything from ZZ Top

Steve Miller Band (I have yet to hear the uncut version of "Great Jet Airliner" on the radio)

Just about anything from Megadeth

Absolutely anything from Boston (too bad the lead singer passed away due to a heart attack)

Just about anything from Willie Neslon

I thought the guy from Boston committed suicide? Could have sworn I heard that.

That's what Wikipedia says.

The report I heard on the radio stated it was most likely a heart attack. Granted, the report was made right after the body was found, and I haven't heard any news on the subject since then.

Well you know happens when you assume: it makes an a$$ out of you and me. ;)

The report I heard on the radio stated it was most likely a heart attack. Granted, the report was made right after the body was found, and I haven't heard any news on the subject since then.

Well you know happens when you assume: it makes an a$$ out of you and me. ;)

It's alright. For as often as people go to Wikipedia for information, it's important to remember that it's not always the most reliable of sources. After all, some deranged Boston fan, unwilling to accept that a simple heart attack struck Delp down, could have edited Wikipedia to falsely give him a more dramatic end.

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. I did a quick check for a more reliable source, and turned up an article from Guitar World.

Brad Delp: Details Emerge About His Tragic Suicide

Getting deeper and deeper into - dare I say it - Alternative Japanese Pop. From listening to Aural Vampire I've discovered Supercar and have purchased everything I could find by them. They are, or were (disbanded in 2005) the Japanese equivalent of Radiohead. If you like Radiohead you should deff. check out their album Highvision. Here are a couple of links to some youtube vids from their Last Live:

So who have you been listening to? Mahler's been my all-time favorite for about ten years now.

I have to agree with Alex from Clockwork Orange.... Ludwig Van is the man!

Taksraven

Sat down the other night with nothing on and TVS (a community TV station here) started playing Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds Live at the Paradiso from '92. Great stuff. And the first song was The Mercy Seat. Fantastic. Scared the hell out of my daughter by knowing that song word for word.

Taksraven

As of late, been listening to Slipknot, and some old school Bad Religion, A.F.I., and Pennywise.

Nice, I find my self drifting back to my old punk roots more and more, I was just listening to Fugazi/Minor Threat, Pailhead, Subhumans, and Misfits earlier. However, Killing Joke owns when it comes to the old school sh*t.

I absolutely like Iron Maiden, but if you give me anything that has Blaze lead singing I will definately shove it down your throat

No Bruce Dickinson = not really Iron Maiden.

Oddly enough, the last few times I've commented in this thread have been to mention Boston and Iron Maiden, two bands a lot of members will gladly admit to liking, but the most recent CD I bought was Cobra Starship's new album... a CD by a band half of the members here won't have heard of, and the half that has probably won't be as eager to admit to liking.

Edited by mikeszekely

No Bruce Dickinson = not really Iron Maiden.

Oddly enough, the last few times I've commented in this thread have been to mention Boston and Iron Maiden, two bands a lot of members will gladly admit to liking, but the most recent CD I bought was Cobra Starship's new album... a CD by a band half of the members here won't have heard of, and the half that has probably won't be as eager to admit to liking.

But you gotta admit that Paul Dianno does come in a close second for Maiden.

80's hair metal is lost on me. I'm kind of having a moody weekend, so it's been Stone Roses and My Bloody Valentine.

You dare desecrate Iron Maiden with the moniker "Hair Metal"? Iron Maiden has never, nor shall ever be labelled as that type of band.

The classification for that band is The New Wave of British Heavy Metal.

But you gotta admit that Paul Dianno does come in a close second for Maiden.

"Wrathchild" is really the only Maiden song I liked that didn't have Dickinson on vocals.

Give me anything off Somewhere in Time instead. "Alexander the Great" is probably my favorite Maiden song.

tchaikovsky!! :D sorry for the late reply.

Ah, that's cool. I need to listen to more Tchaikovsky. I only know the famous stuff... :unsure:

80's hair metal is lost on me. I'm kind of having a moody weekend, so it's been Stone Roses and My Bloody Valentine.

That actually sounds like a pretty GOOD weekend to me (musically, at least). You should probably throw on some Cocteau Twins, too. ^_^

You dare desecrate Iron Maiden with the moniker "Hair Metal"? Iron Maiden has never, nor shall ever be labelled as that type of band.

The classification for that band is The New Wave of British Heavy Metal.

post-939-1250471663_thumb.jpg

They're not a hair metal band? They certainly LOOK like one (and sound like it, too).