music

wyaxyz

Anyone hear that Faith No More is doing a reunion?! Thank god, although I pray it means a new album. Album of the year was NOT a good album to go out on. Good album, but a band of that caliber, with that much talent needs to go out with the be all, end all mindblowing album that will have music fans of every genre scratching their heads, and spawn imitators for the next 10 years. Angel Dust pt.2, anyone?

Man...f*ckin' Rolf Harris...even when he's not singing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport," he's singing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport." <_<

Anyway, I see your Rolf Harris and raise you one Tommy Seebach. ^_^

Rolf Harris is actually an incredible person, there are few performers that wear their hearts on their sleeves the way he does. That video was from the show "The Money or the Gun" where each week a different band would play Stairway to Heaven. I think

Anyone hear that Faith No More is doing a reunion?! Thank god, although I pray it means a new album. Album of the year was NOT a good album to go out on. Good album, but a band of that caliber, with that much talent needs to go out with the be all, end all mindblowing album that will have music fans of every genre scratching their heads, and spawn imitators for the next 10 years. Angel Dust pt.2, anyone?

Man, thanks for the heads up on that. I always thought that they were a band that went before their time. Saw them back in '95 when they were headlining a festival with NIN. Fantastic show. Hope that they tour Australia and hope they have not gone completely off the boil. I would not hold my breath for new album recordings though.

(As a side note, Alice in Chains is recording a new album and when I saw them live a few weeks ago they were brilliant!)

Taksraven

Rolf Harris is actually an incredible person, there are few performers that wear their hearts on their sleeves the way he does. That video was from the show "The Money or the Gun" where each week a different band would play Stairway to Heaven. I think

I like the fact that Andrew Denton released the "Stairways to Heaven" album with a dozen or so covers of the song from The Money or the Gun.

The All Stars version was a farce but it was also brilliant at the same time.

"Other examples of words with two meanings - hump, shag, root, pork"

Making me laugh now just thinking about it.....

I have uploaded it to Youtube before, I will find it and upload it again.

(Don't forget Barry Crockers input to that version of the song too.....)

Taksraven

Agree, they need to best that album before they disapear for good. That album was veryvery dark. I'd like it to be a bit more heavy.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Man, if I had to pick a few of my favorite bands, they'd be:

Sublime

Pennywise

NoFX

Rancid

Face to Face

Iron Maiden

The Cure

Depeche Mode

Morissey/Smiths

David Bowie

I like a lot of stuff, including 80s pop/rock, a lot of punk, ska, reggae. I'm not into just one style. Since I have been in several bands, and have played in different genres, I've learned to appreciate various music forms for many reasons. But listed above are the ones I have in my car as of now.

First band you saw, who supported, where and when.......

Rollins Band, supported by Tumbleweed and Kim Salmon & the Surrealists at the Hordern Pavillion, late '94, I think.

Taksraven

Then would I be correct in assuming you visit OC Remix?

I haven't checked them out in sometime, but yeah, from time to time. Alot of great remixes there.

I was never a Ridge Racer fan of the PS games, but all the games have some pretty amazing soundtracks. Been listening to the music on YouTube. Namco X Capcom has some pretty awesome remixes of classic Capcom and Namco character themes as well as some new stuff for that game. The new themes for old characters for SFIV are pretty wicked. Really digging M. Bison's theme in that game.

First band you saw, who supported, where and when.......

Rollins Band, supported by Tumbleweed and Kim Salmon & the Surrealists at the Hordern Pavillion, late '94, I think.

Taksraven

Good idea!

They Might Be Giants, supported by Galaxie 500, at the Wiltern, early '90.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to see Cradle of Filth next month. I don't have any of their stuff. Anybody want to recommend an album that is a good start for them?

Taksraven

does anybody listen to international hip hop or r&b? i used to listen to zouk (french r&b) and some french hip hop (saian super crew) but i'm no longer studying french (nobody speaks french here).

i've moved onto korean hip hop & r&b. i need to branch out to some other hip hop groups besides drunken tiger's movement crew (cb mass/dynamic duo, epik high, tbny, buga kingz, leessang, t [tasha] aka yoon mi rae, eun ji won [weon], ydg [yang dong geun], deegie, double k, booby kim, bizzy, ect.), honey family, lexy and mc sniper. i only understand about 5-10 words that they say, but that number increases as my k-vocab increases (plus it helps to watch the subtitled videos).

american hip hop??? i don't even know who to listen to anymore (most of my favs retired and b.e.t./mtv no longer plays vidoes)...

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

i mainly listen trance, house.... tiesto, sander van doorn, eddie halliwell, joachim garraud....electronica basically

also listen to those heavy metal (in my younger years) and other forms of rock

.......new wave like flock seagulls, general public etc, 80's pop like madonna, cyndi lauper etc

Edited by Vegas

american hip hop??? i don't even know who to listen to anymore (most of my favs retired and b.e.t./mtv no longer plays vidoes)...

Hip hop has actually gotten a little dry lately, at least domestically. Jay-Z's last album was solid, but aside from the odd Talib Kweli or Roots album, the scene has kinda stalled, IMO.

Ironically, rock has been strong for the past few years, a far cry after it's low point in the late 1990's. The garage rock/post-punk revival is great. I grew up on post-punk like The Police and early U2, so this latest revival is like heaven for me.

i mainly listen trance, house.... electronica basically

You should check out Champion if you haven't already (see his "Chill'em All" album). Great electronica.

does anybody listen to international hip hop or r&b? i used to listen to zouk (french r&b) and some french hip hop (saian super crew) but i'm no longer studying french (nobody speaks french here).

i've moved onto korean hip hop & r&b. i need to branch out to some other hip hop groups besides drunken tiger's movement crew (cb mass/dynamic duo, epik high, tbny, buga kingz, leessang, t [tasha] aka yoon mi rae, eun ji won [weon], ydg [yang dong geun], deegie, double k, booby kim, bizzy, ect.), honey family, lexy and mc sniper. i only understand about 5-10 words that they say, but that number increases as my k-vocab increases (plus it helps to watch the subtitled videos).

Don't smack me if you've already heard his stuff, but have you listened to Nujabes and the rap artists that he usually works with?

Damn good hooks and riffs that Nujabes produces.

Edited by Mog

Don't smack me if you've already heard his stuff, but have you listened to Nujabes and the rap artists that he usually works with?

Damn good hooks and riffs that Nujabes produces.

i've heard of his name, but i 've never listened to his stuff.

i mainly listen trance, house.... electronica basically

i'm more into the breakbeat scene. i haven't heard a good vocal trance song in awhile. i've never been able to get into house music. i go clubbing with my friend sometimes and all that he listens to now is house. i'm always requesting breakbeats, lol.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

i've heard of his name, but i 've never listened to his stuff.

i'm more into the breakbeat scene. i haven't heard a good vocal trance song in awhile. i've never been able to get into house music. i go clubbing with my friend sometimes and all that he listens to now is house. i'm always requesting breakbeats, lol.

the only breakbeat i love is crystal method. i used to have all of ther cd's