Spider-man 3 Thread

What's up with the goblin glider being turned into a snowboard and the weird dirtbike face mask Harry wears? It makes sense that the glider is thin and all, especially in the tight in between building spaces, but the whole costume has lost the whole surpernatural globin origin. I would say, at least make him wear a rubber halloween mask and an a pullover. Maybe a North Face one, so he looks modern still. :)

The Harry-Green Goblin isn't suppose to be the same as the Norman-Green Goblin, hence the different look.

I thought Dafoe was a great choice also, I just don't understand why they hid his face under that non-expressive mask when his natural features are already goblin like

I really dug his performance with the mirror in the first spiderman, totally blew those stupid golum scenes out of the water. It's too bad his character was neutered by having that stupid green powerranger suit.

today at work we just got our hands on the toys from hasbro, the slime deluxe toys, and the main thing i have to say is how much smaller than the toybiz ones they are. they are a little bigger than the starwars figs....

they are still cool looking but are wayyy out of scale with the older toys so no superposeable spider man versus venom as spidey would tower over him <_<

Anyone else think the Spiderman movies are lame? :rolleyes:

I think that they are the best adaptations we could hope for out of a 40+ year old comic book franchise. Which many people seem to forget. This not a single book adaptation, this is something trying to cover 40 years of character history. For things like Superman and Batman it is even worse as they have been around since, what the 30s?

My only problem with the Spiderman films is that they have almost nothing to do with "Spider-Man". They're two hours of watching Peter Parker whine, nag, and complain about how pitiful his life is. The Spider-Man bits are some of the most entertaining pieces of film in recent history, but I dislike having to sit through so much crap to get to it.

The Spider-Man films are almost direct decendants of Tim Burton's Batman (1989), right down to the score and the healthy dosage of cheese throughout. To an extent, I can understand why they don't appeal to everyone. While I enjoy the Spider-Man films on an entertainment level similar to fare like Pirates of the Caribbean, I admit I find films like X-Men and Batman Begins far more interesting super hero productions.

I think that they are the best adaptations we could hope for out of a 40+ year old comic book franchise. Which many people seem to forget. This not a single book adaptation, this is something trying to cover 40 years of character history. For things like Superman and Batman it is even worse as they have been around since, what the 30s?

My only problem with the Spiderman films is that they have almost nothing to do with "Spider-Man". They're two hours of watching Peter Parker whine, nag, and complain about how pitiful his life is. The Spider-Man bits are some of the most entertaining pieces of film in recent history, but I dislike having to sit through so much crap to get to it.

The Spider-Man films are almost direct decendants of Tim Burton's Batman (1989), right down to the score and the healthy dosage of cheese throughout. To an extent, I can understand why they don't appeal to everyone. While I enjoy the Spider-Man films on an entertainment level similar to fare like Pirates of the Caribbean, I admit I find films like X-Men and Batman Begins far more interesting super hero productions.

Yeah, guys, that pretty much sums it up for me..

Well, part of Spidey's appeal is all the trials and tribulations he goes through during his "real" life.

I'd go into a longer rant. But it's late and I'm sleepy.

In any case, here's the final trailer for the movie:

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=219583909

Hope this third movie in the trilogy delivers!

I dunno, the Spiderman films have been the only superhero movies I've liked since...superman 1 & 2 when I was a kid.

These are the only recent superhero movies that seem like real movies, apart from their superhero/comic aspect.

X-men stuff is alright, but feels kinda flat, and the new batman...I already forgot that I saw that one.

Harry looks weak. He's not even wearing a helmet or anything to protect his head. I would have liked to see a variation of the Goblin armor for Harry.

By the way, I've seen TRU ads with a figure of Venom that's supposed to be part of the Spider-man 3 toy line, so I guess that clears up the question of whether or not he's going to be in the movie. How long is this movie gonna be? It had better be about 3 hours if they're going to have all these characters in it as well as all the subplots.

Harry looks weak. He's not even wearing a helmet or anything to protect his head. I would have liked to see a variation of the Goblin armor for Harry.

By the way, I've seen TRU ads with a figure of Venom that's supposed to be part of the Spider-man 3 toy line, so I guess that clears up the question of whether or not he's going to be in the movie. How long is this movie gonna be? It had better be about 3 hours if they're going to have all these characters in it as well as all the subplots.

Hows this for Confimation.

IPB Image

check this page as well

http://www.animepunch.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8586

Edited by Otaku-Smeghead

• 4 weeks later...

This trailer shows what I fear most about this film: too much story tried to be crammed into too little movie. We've got Parker and his Aunt May. Parker and MJ. Parker and Harry. Spider-Man and Green Goblin. Spider-man and Sandman. Spider-Man and Venom. I have high hopes for this, but it looks like it'll be a tough sell as far as the plotting goes.

I think they could stagger it good. I expect Spidey versus Sandman to be on subplot while Spidey/Harry/Venom will be another. Basic theme is revenge and it looks like Harry will get mauled (Spidey, already feeling revenge agaisnt Sandman, getting pushed over the edge by Venom, throwing Harry's explosive grenade thing back at him, and a consequence, Spidey will be ripping Venom off. My hunch is that spidey & harry will team up against Venom.

The Aunt May stuff will be minor on clock time, like in Spidey 2, and MJ will take what's left.

That's what i said in an earlier post. Spidey will fight sandman for a bit, the harry stuff will not take that much time, but they will team up later on in the film since Sam Raimi has repeatedly stated that harry isn't necessarily a villian in this movie. It's like when you and your best friend got into that big fight one time, he wasn't your enemy, he was just heated cause you stole his girl, but after everything is over your still friends.

To anyone who actually used to collect comics back when Todd McFarlane drew the Amazing Spiderman and Venom was brand-new, this movie's version of Eddie Brock is a laughable joke. Brock was a gigantic weight-junkie in his 30's or 40's, not some skinny kid. I don't know the name of the guy playing Venom in the movie, but I can tell you that this is a travesty.

*points to the picture of the toy up there*

Look at that skinny thing. How's he supposed to be scary? Venom was cool because he was a super-huge, almost Hulk-size version of spidey, not because he had a grill. He was dangerous because he combined super-strength with super-agility, not because he could bite you.

In a recent interview sam raimi said he wanted venom to be more like an evil doppleganger to spiderman thus the reason hes not huge like he was in the comics. True i would have liked to have seen the giant scary venom of the comics but i think this works too.

I think venom will return as the main baddy in spiderman 4 if they make it...and i think the symbiote will have enchanced brock alot more in that one. I dont think venom is going to get alot of time in this movie and sandman will be the main bad guy. I suspect hes going to be near the end of the film , allowing significant time for peter to wear his black suit and have his inner turmoils. If that goes too fast and he doesnt get enough time to allow the evil in the symbiote to posess him its going to feel too rushed. Remember he wore that thing for a looong time in the comics.

I hope brocks vendetta against spiderman eclipses " he ruined my career" which i dont think would make him bad enough on screen.

In a recent interview sam raimi said he wanted venom to be more like an evil doppleganger to spiderman thus the reason hes not huge like he was in the comics. True i would have liked to have seen the giant scary venom of the comics but i think this works too.

Ugh. Small != Venom. I hope Brock bulks up in SM4.

I hope brocks vendetta against spiderman eclipses " he ruined my career" which i dont think would make him bad enough on screen.

One of the things that I always loved about Venom was how accidental it was. Brock was mad at Spider-Man for ruining his career and marriage (it was on the rocks already, but the Sin Eater hoax just axed it), and the nearly-dead symbiote could feel it. But it wasn't prepared for the onslaught of just how deeply Brock felt and that drove it over the edge, which, because they were connected, dragged Eddie with it and turned them (accidentally) into the massive, mean, insane Spider-killing machine that they were.

Edited by CoryHolmes

Well I'm sure Venom will have a miniscule role to play, and yeah, he'll be the main villain in part 4. They'd better make brock bulk-up for the sequel. They already HAVE a skinny version of Venom in the comic world, and I believe his name's Carnage. (Although I'd effectively stopped collecting by the time this guy came out)

To me anyway, Venom will always be this - Hulk + Spiderman + (generic psychopath) = Venom

Oh man when he came out he was awesome. I wish I'd kept those issues. I was depressed when Todd quit the amazing, happy when he came out with his own spiderman, and bummed again with the advent of Spawn, which I could never bring myself to get into.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

So it's out next Friday. Who's going to see it at a midnight showing or sometime during launch day? :)

Both actually, a friend of mine's mom works for the biggest radio station in our city, and got us all free tickets to the premiere, and then my dad and I, along with a few friends are going to see it on Friday. I can barely wait. Stupid week in the way, stupid exams... bahhghh.