Sousei no Aquarion.

Hmmmm....did they manage to get the legs right this time round? Cause it was quite impossible for regular Aquarion to stand without the stand.

379224[/snapback]

With this one, you're suposed to be able to stand it and pose it w/o the use of a stand. What they did to improve the joints, I don't know.

-RF

Anyone picking up the Assault Type Aquarion?

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/200.../post_3d08.html

379168[/snapback]

I just paid my HLJ payment request for one, so hopefully in about 4-6 days, they'll ship it to me :rolleyes: . They're sure getting very slow these days to process orders. I'm using EMS to get this baby though, so even if they're slow, it won't be too painful of a wait time.

As for the joints, well, all they needed to do was make the joints tighter/stronger like add more friction. The original Aquarion (which I also have) had floppy loose joints everywhere, duh, no wonder that thing can't stand on it's own :rolleyes: .

The colors on the original Aquarion wasn't that bad, at least it isn't Hasbro coloriffic bad :wacko: .

Damn, the new Attack Type Aquarion looks kick ass, I can't wait to get mines! :wub:

Anyone picking up the Assault Type Aquarion?

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/200.../post_3d08.html

379168[/snapback]

I just paid my HLJ payment request for one, so hopefully in about 4-6 days, they'll ship it to me :rolleyes: . They're sure getting very slow these days to process orders. I'm using EMS to get this baby though, so even if they're slow, it won't be too painful of a wait time.

As for the joints, well, all they needed to do was make the joints tighter/stronger like add more friction. The original Aquarion (which I also have) had floppy loose joints everywhere, duh, no wonder that thing can't stand on it's own :rolleyes: .

The colors on the original Aquarion wasn't that bad, at least it isn't Hasbro coloriffic bad :wacko: .

Damn, the new Attack Type Aquarion looks kick ass, I can't wait to get mines! :wub:

379399[/snapback]

Give us a review when its out yeah? ;) I'm still considering if i should get it. I really lack space and with the VF-0 coming out, i really should be saving.

By the way, Aquarion is airing here in Italy. It is surprising how fast they were, given the series has ended very recently in Japan. Well, probably they saved some time with a horrible dub, but that doesn't matter.

What I wanted to tell you is that the original TV version is slightly censured. I've seen only up to 4 episodes, but there are some scenes (a pair of) where there is more lingerie. Below there is a picture from episode 3. Yes, she is Tsugumi. In the original TV version there was only a wall in that point.

FV

post-869-1142268810_thumb.png

With this one, you're suposed to be able to stand it and pose it w/o the use of a stand. What they did to improve the joints, I don't know.

That's interesting. I liked the original Aquarion despite the flashy colors (its a super robot after all) and wish this "tight joints" improvement had been present in the original release. Now I am tempted to get this mass-produced version.

Looking forward to hearing people's review of this toy. It's the big ass cannon that does it for me. :D

One thing that drew me to aquarion wasn't so much the story but the robot design. (plus I like the vectors: like something out of a gradius shoot em up)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

By the way, Aquarion is airing here in Italy. It is surprising how fast they were, given the series has ended very recently in Japan. Well, probably they saved some time with a horrible dub, but that doesn't matter.

What I wanted to tell you is that the original TV version is slightly censured. I've seen only up to 4 episodes, but there are some scenes (a pair of) where there is more lingerie. Below there is a picture from episode 3. Yes, she is Tsugumi. In the original TV version there was only a wall in that point.

FV

379817[/snapback]

That's right, In the subbed episode I saw when Tsugumi fall down a Daeva logo its showed without reason instead of her back, didn't noticed that, a reason to watch the italian version. English fansubbers should download the ripped italian dubbed version and use part of the video footage to show what was censured.

ps

cmq il doppiaggio italiano fà davvero cagare, Fudo me lo hanno completamente rovinato, la traduzione invece non è malaccio, mi aspettavo di peggio sinceramente. Bruttissima la scritta "aquarion" che mostrano al posto del logo.

koncentrazione... fusione... go aKuarion! :rolleyes:

This is interesting. If it's anything like the censorship in Gantz, the deleted material may be available on the DVD releases. Has anyone found any difference in the DVD episodes and the broadcast versions..?

Just got my Aquarion Attack Type today. I didn't get much time to evaluate the toy entirely due to work and many other things that take up my time. So I didn't get any time to do a review. For now, here is a photo I took of it along with the original Aquarion: CLICK HERE

As far as the joints are concerned, they're no different from the original Aquarion.

Just got my Aquarion Attack Type today. I didn't get much time to evaluate the toy entirely due to work and many other things that take up my time. So I didn't get any time to do a review. For now, here is a photo I took of it along with the original Aquarion: CLICK HERE

As far as the joints are concerned, they're no different from the original Aquarion.

382752[/snapback]

DAMN I wish I had the cash to pick both of those up!!!!

-RF

382752[/snapback]

Really....guess that seals my decision to not get it despite how cool i like the Aquarion Gamma.

Damn, I'm starting to lean towards buying the attack version. Somebody persuade me to save my money.

Graham

382771[/snapback]

uhh... BUY IT! And tell me if it's good enough to buy myself!

I mean.. don't buy it!

Well one reason I can think of not to is its head still looks ridiculous. it looks like a bucket with a plate on top.

I saw this in a shop display yesterday and it really looks better in person than all the pics I've seen. The sheer volume of the main gun took me by surprise.

I don't see myself putting down the cash just right now, though.

For me, there's no way I'd get the hero type. It's too super-robotish, bright and colorful and I dislike the samurai helmet head designs. I don't generally like super robots or bright colored mecha and prefer more real looking military style mechs in drab colors.

The Attack type appeals to me because it bears more than a passing ressemblance to Kawamori's Armored Core Mecha and has a more subdued color scheme. Also, it's armed with nice looking guns instead of swords and bows. Sorry, giant robots armed with swords and bows are one of my pet hates, just too silly.

The main things that make me hesitate to buy the Attack version is the photos seem to show that it can't stand unsupported and still needs a display stand in order to stand. Also, the high price is off putting.

Plus I'm not really a fan of the anime, although only watching up to episode 8 before giving up, I never saw the Attack type in action. These days I usually only buy a toy if I like both the mecha design and the anime it's from.

Graham

Damn, I'm starting to lean towards buying the attack version. Somebody persuade me to save my money.

Graham

382771[/snapback]

I mean.. don't buy it!

Well one reason I can think of not to is its head still looks ridiculous. it looks like a bucket with a plate on top.

382813[/snapback]

The main reason I bought these two Aquarion toys was because they're flashy, stylistic, sleek anime mecha. They look agile and I just plain like the cool design.

I still haven't had time to thoroughly inspect the toy, but my conclusion is that this is more of a display piece and not so much a toy due to the weak joints in humanoid form, but this is caused by the back pack which is made up of one of the three Vectors. The back pack attachment is optional, and without it, the robot can stand and pose, so that is the only drawback.

The cool thing with this Chogokin is that it's like a complex puzzle. It's got lots of moving bits and pieces that opens up for various modes of transformation (see my unofficial robot mode pic). When I picked this thing up, there's just so much you can do with it, that that might turn off those who don't like to mess with something for a long time. That's something I don't have time for, but it's always a worthy play value to fiddle around with a complex toy and be amazed by it's many intricacies. That might be worth the money to some people.

The bucket head as you put is actually more detailed than you think. I took some photos to show you the head is not as one dimensional as you thought.

Side view of head

Top view of head

Rear view of head

It's pretty detailed, more so than a 1/48 Yamato Valk's head :p . The other two heads are just as nicely done, although I'm not going to bother transforming it into everything as it's too much work :p .

I think it's worth the money due to the complexity and vast number of parts put into this thing. Hey, it's packed in styrofoam, has metal parts, and looks great (to me anyway).

That's all I have to say since I'm not good at reviewing stuff I've very little knowledge of so I'll leave you off with another large photo for size comparison:

The Line Up!

The big guy in the back is Primus, and that is a 1/48 Yamato Valk standing next to the Aquarion. You can get an idea of how big the Aquarion is compared to the 1/48 ;) . If you want to see some more images, you can visit my page HERE. I don't have a lot of photos, but that's a bit time consuming to do for the moment.

Graham

382771[/snapback]

I mean.. don't buy it!

382813[/snapback]

The main reason I bought these two Aquarion toys was because they're flashy, stylistic, sleek anime mecha. They look agile and I just plain like the cool design.

I still haven't had time to thoroughly inspect the toy, but my conclusion is that this is more of a display piece and not so much a toy due to the weak joints in humanoid form, but this is caused by the back pack which is made up of one of the three Vectors. The back pack attachment is optional, and without it, the robot can stand and pose, so that is the only drawback.

The cool thing with this Chogokin is that it's like a complex puzzle. It's got lots of moving bits and pieces that opens up for various modes of transformation (see my unofficial robot mode pic). When I picked this thing up, there's just so much you can do with it, that that might turn off those who don't like to mess with something for a long time. That's something I don't have time for, but it's always a worthy play value to fiddle around with a complex toy and be amazed by it's many intricacies. That might be worth the money to some people.

The bucket head as you put is actually more detailed than you think. I took some photos to show you the head is not as one dimensional as you thought.

Side view of head

Top view of head

Rear view of head

It's pretty detailed, more so than a 1/48 Yamato Valk's head :p . The other two heads are just as nicely done, although I'm not going to bother transforming it into everything as it's too much work :p .

I think it's worth the money due to the complexity and vast number of parts put into this thing. Hey, it's packed in styrofoam, has metal parts, and looks great (to me anyway).

That's all I have to say since I'm not good at reviewing stuff I've very little knowledge of so I'll leave you off with another large photo for size comparison:

The Line Up!

The big guy in the back is Primus, and that is a 1/48 Yamato Valk standing next to the Aquarion. You can get an idea of how big the Aquarion is compared to the 1/48 ;) . If you want to see some more images, you can visit my page HERE. I don't have a lot of photos, but that's a bit time consuming to do for the moment.

383512[/snapback]

Nice pictures... Now I know I must get it but its selling out here! I can't even find it around the local stores anymore! Must get both!

I think some people are just military mecha and others super robot fans. (ie they buy the super robot as fans of the show and want it as a recognisable character)

I think in my case I buy stuff if I am a fan of the design. Which I think these are my reasons for liking it: for all the modes they can go into and thier interchangability. But I try not to take the story so seriously so I don't have these high expectations.

I actually like robots that have funny shaped heads because it gives them a certain personality. Cone heads, triangular heads, heads with hoods, humanoid bike helmets with horns, samurai helmets with moon crescent or sun symbols on them. Whenever I see a strange design with no functional purpose for it I put it down to the creator of the robot putting his own personal touch to the thing he created. Kind of like how you got these fancy hood ornaments on cars just to say "look at me!" and give the thing a bit of class.

As much as I love my destroids, and real robot mecha it doesn't stop me from enjoying the more flashy mecha. I think that is one of the reasons I didn't mind the strange Turn A gundam, because it seems like the kind of robot that is one of a kind and never meant to be mass produced so they could afford to put all kinds of stuff on it to make it look special and stand out.

I would think that for a super robot to use close combat weapons to fight is no different from how you have the typical marvel character without a gun (apart from Cable in xmen): these are reliant on more than the tech itself but the powers of the individual inside. (similar to how in star wars you have jedi accessing abilities that allow for them to kick so much ass without relying on manufactured weapons but thier own bodies and minds.) Plausible enough for me :p

If a tank is no match for the hulk, then normal weapons made by the earth are no match against the dark angels, so this is where the aquarion lies: somewhere between magic (super powers) and technology (the mechanical part) with the pilots' minds and super powers used to provide the required reflexs and focus to stand a chance against them. So instead of captain america throwing his shield, you have the aqaurion using ninja stars, or extendable punches or arrows to defeat the enemy. (who appear more supernatural in power than just physically tough) The mass production version then, must be the equivalent of the punisher from the marvel universe. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If we get more footage of assault that would be good. Never really got much action until the very end. A big scene of groups of assault type aquarions killing off the cherabum in violent ways would be cool. There was never a sense that this was a final massive battle of epic proportions in the tv series.

384758[/snapback]

Yeah! And it looked like it was building up to become that too. :angry:

It fell short.

It IS possible to get poses without the stand but you have to position it JUST right. There's just too much weight on the backpack in all three modes. I was kinda nervous getting the Aquarion in these John Woo style poses. :lol:

post-31-1143886935_thumb.jpg

It IS possible to get poses without the stand but you have to position it JUST right. There's just too much weight on the backpack in all three modes. I was kinda nervous getting the Aquarion in these John Woo style poses.  :lol:

386555[/snapback]

:lol: , looks kinda funny seeing a robot in that pose :p .

About the back pack thing, since I have 6 Vectors, I could probably build 3 Aquarions if I don't add the back pack :D . I'm sure the connector's are the same on both versions, so that should work, though I haven't seen anyone try it yet.