Sousei no Aquarion.

• 4 weeks later...

I JUST saw that and started downloading!

I am REALLY enjoying this series and have been itching to see the last handful of remaining episodes.

-RF

• 1 month later...

Ah, loved the Assault type aquarion, cool weapons, militarish colors, no screamed gattai and techs names and super-fast transformation. Really a cool mech. It was like watching M7 battles and then see a M0 battle, shocking.

Too bad we get it only in the end of the series.

Man....episode 25-26 was pretty disappointing. Asssault Type Aquarion didn't put up much of a fight. Final fight was also pretty disappointing and it really ended with a "WTF?". Felt really rushed. Character plots went unresolved. Still not sure wth shidou is.

Disappointed.

Finally got to sit down and watch the last couple of eps and thought it wrapped up nicely. I'm just disappointed we didn't see more of the mass production aquarions before they got wasted. I guess they were the CF for the series, but they had some pretty cool transformations.

A friend of mine is currently dubbing the final pieces of Aquarion......last time I heard she was almost done, I really can't wait to see the finished results, she's pretty good.

365264[/snapback]

Do you mean for a licensed release? I haven't sene any mention of it on the news sites since it started airing,

A friend of mine is currently dubbing the final pieces of Aquarion......last time I heard she was almost done, I really can't wait to see the finished results, she's pretty good.

365264[/snapback]

Do you mean for a licensed release? I haven't sene any mention of it on the news sites since it started airing,

365522[/snapback]

It's funny when they waste half series in useless episodes then rush the things at the end. Also when you look at the last episodes looks almost a different series, I don't like very much shows where they put togheter really stupid things and really serious things without any harmony.

In the end I think Aquarion wasted a lot of good stuff to for crappy stuff, I'll keep the vids just for the assault type aquarion.

I just saw the last eps. It did feel a bit rushed but it did at least wrap everything up in time. All the story that had to be told was told and all the little twists and surprises came just in time for them to shock. The stuff about the feathers on the arm makes sense now.

But for me, the main reason to watch the show was my fascination at how many different combinations the robot can form into. The gerwalk mode and the walking tank mode especially. Crazy! And the mass produced version. It's too bad the dark angels have superhuman-like agility for them to be of any real use up close though. :D They are definately CF compared to the one-of-a-kind super hero mecha with all the fancy martial arts techniques and super moves. They are proabably akin to what the clone army are like compared to a jedi in star wars universe. (ie the favouring of guns and the over-reliance on technology alone, vs the use of deadly melee weapons and a sharp mind with a heightened sense of awareness and inhuman reaction speeds)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

In the end I think Aquarion wasted a lot of good stuff to for crappy stuff, I'll keep the vids just for the assault type aquarion.

365781[/snapback]

X2.

Overall, Aquarion was very schitzophrenic and did a below average job of balancing the goofier "super robot" aspects with the uber-serious past lives/ancient mysteries aspect.

Is it just me or did they get better at blending the CG with the animation on the last few episodes?

Yes, I also feel the ending was a bit rushed, leaving some things in the air (does someone now if they wrote the story as they went along like in SEED Destiny?). I've seen better things, but I've also seen far worse things. A lot of the 8 final episodes where really good.

The dead angel the vampire girls pull the Vector out off was the gorilla looking shadow angel, right?

I like the last two episodes. I was a good close ending but they did leave some stuff out, specially what happened with the other characters. After all that character focused eps that was a little dissapointing.

And I was expectiong more Assault Aquarion action too. We saw so many of them on ep 24 but they didn't do much at all.

I hope Bandai picks this up. I need this show on DVD. =)

• 1 month later...

Hated the fruity looking original version but like this one. but like everyone else I just don't have a lazy $200 to drop on this one. :(