Sousei no Aquarion.

god the more I look at pictures of it, the more I actually wouldn't mind getting one. I've restarted watching Aquarion cause Mahou is the only one releasing it thus far despite their slowness in the past.

Now I'm at Episode 11.

Episode 15 was kind of a let down. I like Piere as a character but I think they could have done better. Then again it could just be coming off of episodes 12-14 that made it feel worst then it actually was cause those were so good (action, story, character development, etc).

Edited by Effect

Strange that the size kinda "changes" in each mode.

333325[/snapback]

No kidding, I thought it was weird when I was just seeing Solar and Lunar, scroll across to Mars and it's a WTF? moment.

But that is one hell of a toy and I want it bad, and the military version if they do one.

It may be a marvel of toy engineering, but I still think it's a butt ugly 'fruity' monstrosity with far too much kibble in the design. Definitely going to pass on this.

That said, I'll probably get the military Low-Vis' version if they release it.

Graham

Yes, Solar Aquarion can use all four of its arms, go watch the final episode for more details.

333395[/snapback]

It also used its 4 arms when they were fighting for who to be the head at one of the earlier episodes. ;)

I think Sylvia was in Vector Luna, its hands trying to grapple with Solar Aquarion. :lol:

I have to agree with Graham. The Aquarion Toy looks like a Transformer in Robot mode.

I cant help it, it just doents convince me at all, the only decent looking mode is the Solar, and it have HALF Robotooooo hanging on his back... :huh:

Maybe If I am able to hadle the toy I will change my mind, but so far... it is UGLY.

The robot can use 4 arms?

We already saw Mars use SOL arms(episode 7) and Solar using Luna's arms (episode 15), it only left to see Luna use Mars arms.

The silly thing about Soluna is that is just a reversed Aquarion Mars. <_<

By the way, are there any correct translations for the Cherubims' names yet? I understood there was a Blumenblatt (petals in German), a Lune (moon in French), something like an Iskuron (it seems it means "forceful thing" in Greek), and there were other enemies who were called Xibalba and Antichton, but what is the correct translation for "Shururukbera" (ep. 13)?

FV

Hehe, I see my 1/48 VF-1J and smile out of kid like happiness.

Anyways, out of Eureka 7 and Aquarion, which one is more worth it?

Is there anything in Aquarion for someone who’s growing sick of shows with kids as the leads but who still likes mecha’s?

Is there anything in Aquarion for someone who’s growing sick of shows with kids as the leads but who still likes mecha’s?

334465[/snapback]

Aquaruion is falshy and good in places but Eureka Seven has held my interest with far more consistency.

334465[/snapback]

Are you talking about the shows or the toys? I think overall Eureka is a better show than Aquarion is, but the Eureka toy's paint application are downright horrid. I was down shopping wishing to pick up one of the Terminus (the light blue or Holland's red one) but zomg....none of them at the shop had proper paint application. Like if it wasn't paint bleeding off to the other sides, it was paint not even applied to some small detail.....each toy had a different problem.

I never played with one of the toys before, but i think its made of PVC and joints will get loose over time.

I'm still not sure if i wanna get the Aquarion. Online reviews say that it can't stand without the stand since its top/back heavy due to the extra backpack that one of the vector forms. And with that kinda money, i was thinking of routing it to a new Ipod Nano instead.

I never played with one of the toys before, but i think its made of PVC and joints will get loose over time.

334683[/snapback]

No, they are mostly ABS, with perhaps just a few small PVC parts. But yes some of the joints were still lose on the Type Zero I handled.

Graham

334465[/snapback]

Are you talking about the shows or the toys? I think overall Eureka is a better show than Aquarion is, but the Eureka toy's paint application are downright horrid. I was down shopping wishing to pick up one of the Terminus (the light blue or Holland's red one) but zomg....none of them at the shop had proper paint application. Like if it wasn't paint bleeding off to the other sides, it was paint not even applied to some small detail.....each toy had a different problem.

I'm still not sure if i wanna get the Aquarion. Online reviews say that it can't stand without the stand since its top/back heavy due to the extra backpack that one of the vector forms. And with that kinda money, i was thinking of routing it to a new Ipod Nano instead.

334683[/snapback]

I was talking about the shows, but thanks for the information about the toys. Were I to get one toy based on any one of these series it would be the Aquarion hands down, you can’t beat a toy that transforms into 3 mechas + vehicles with a gummy plastic looking badly painted toy. But for now my only Kawamori inspired toy will be the 1/48.

Aquaruion is falshy and good in places but Eureka Seven has held my interest with far more consistency.

Yep, I’ve downloaded and seen one episode of each and Aquarion sure is flashy. It certainly has all the clichés of the genre (including Evangelion bits, which now I guess are standard on giant super robot shows). Eureka looks different. But, as I said, I’ve only seen one episode.

Damn it, I have too much anime I haven’t finished or started yet and new ones keep popping up :angry::p

• 2 weeks later...
OT: Sousei Gattai...Go...GUNDAM!!

337734[/snapback]

:):):) it reminds more of Getter robo more then Aquarion mainly because it has a half robot, half tank form. but cool regardless.

chris

I got the lines this week for the final 10 minutes of Aquarion's last episode....cant wait to act out Touma! I really gotta find some of those links for the scenes that've finished...

Awwww sadly this is the only one that's actually working......oh well! It's still good! I only recommend watching it if your very curious of the Apollonius and Seria's love story and how Touma gets involved, or you've already seen the episode.

WINGLESS

I play Touma.....

Edited by Hikuro

Good news for those waiting out on the mass production Aquarions.

I had news that its confirmed release of those. But i'm not sure if these pictures are the actual product or customs.

1129878745536.jpg

Oh ho ho ho...Heavy Assault Type Aquarion! I'm more tempted by this than by normal Aquarion, mainly because of the ludicrious amount of asskicking Glenn handed out in that thing to that idiot Sirius. Then he got plot nerfed. :(

I wonder if it transforms into the cannon and GERWALK versions though? Also, is it compatible with the original Aquarion? If both of the above are yes, I'm so getting it.

"YOU CANNOT BE FORGIVEN!! GRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

"What power is this?!"

*kablooey*

Ahah just saw up to ep18. The cosplaying episode was so funny!

That fudo gen always seems to enjoy putting people through pointless excercises just to make a point. Reminds me of that guy from G gundam who keeps lecturing the main character about the secret in getting the super mode activated.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker