customized VE-1

phatslappy

you will get to see at least one in the future. I haven't heard of anybody recasting seeker bits for a long time. I would like to give it a shot once I manage to get an original set of armor. Looking at the recast set I have I have no idea how one would successfully recast it. The dish mount appears to have been cast around an already cast bit as it's not "assembled" like the strike cannon. But yeah... a lot more bits and a lot more effort than recasting o' armor.

I'm actually looking for a recasted set. If anyone who has it or makes it sees this, pm me. I really need a set like this. Thanks.

And to add my $0.02 to the thread, I guess we haven't seen it cause it just isn't as popular as the Ostrich is/was. Not that it's ugly or anything cause it isn't, just that it's probably gotta cost about $50.00 for a recasted set, then all the prep work, and putty and paint. That's a lot of work for one custom. Work I'd take on, but others may not be interested in doing.

I'm actually looking for a recasted set. If anyone who has it or makes it sees this, pm me. I really need a set like this. Thanks.

And to add my $0.02 to the thread, I guess we haven't seen it cause it just isn't as popular as the Ostrich is/was. Not that it's ugly or anything cause it isn't, just that it's probably gotta cost about $50.00 for a recasted set, then all the prep work, and putty and paint. That's a lot of work for one custom. Work I'd take on, but others may not be interested in doing.

You mean work people are too lazy to do. They have all became complacent with Yamato releasing everything under the sun. Would hurt them, MW newbie members, to make something once in a while.

just that it's probably gotta cost about $50.00 for a recasted set, then all the prep work, and putty and paint. That's a lot of work for one custom. Work I'd take on, but others may not be interested in doing.

$50 I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to send a psx2 overseas with some other stuff, do a LOT of begging, and wait a long time. Well worth it in my mind knowing the effort expended getting those tired molds to put out one last piece of beauty I can call my own. Just have to get an original and make them availible to others. Not that my work will be as pretty as what my cannon is sporting... at least not at first anyways...

MAkes me kinda wonder though, knowing all that it would entail... Would anybody be interested in a musha style armor set for the 1/55's? I figure it wouldn't take me to many years to bastardize a gbp-1s :rolleyes:

just that it's probably gotta cost about $50.00 for a recasted set, then all the prep work, and putty and paint. That's a lot of work for one custom. Work I'd take on, but others may not be interested in doing.

$50 I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to send a psx2 overseas with some other stuff, do a LOT of begging, and wait a long time. Well worth it in my mind knowing the effort expended getting those tired molds to put out one last piece of beauty I can call my own. Just have to get an original and make them availible to others. Not that my work will be as pretty as what my cannon is sporting... at least not at first anyways...

MAkes me kinda wonder though, knowing all that it would entail... Would anybody be interested in a musha style armor set for the 1/55's? I figure it wouldn't take me to many years to bastardize a gbp-1s :rolleyes:

edit in

oh yeah... sweet work as always mslz22

MSLZ, do you have any recast of the VE armor, head, and cockpit? LMK. Man that pic of it just makes me want it badly and I will have to start pulling apart another Bandai for it.

MSLZ, do you have any recast of the VE armor, head, and cockpit? LMK. Man that pic of it just makes me want it badly and I will have to start pulling apart another Bandai for it.

GO GO GO! I'd love to see another custom from you. You do great work! Keep it up man!

GO GO GO! I'd love to see another custom from you. You do great work! Keep it up man!

Thanks for the compliment man. I still feel so humble after seeing the other stuff that is put out here. I figure that if I can put out customs and keep the interest alive and inspire, I'm doing my job. It'll definitely be at MWcon5.

Unfortunatly the molds are all burnt out, I doubt there is enough interest to remake the molds, as much as i love 1/55's seems that there are fewer and fewer of us :(

b10d.jpg

i did this one for ChrisB over 3 years ago..........ahh the good old days!!

wow, this custom is sikkk. kinda gotta get used to the sharp nose cone. remember, the elint's nose is stubby like our american jetfires. still an awesome custom tho! if anyone is going to make recast elint armor i am definately interested. there may be a few of us 1/55 mongers left but we need to keep the flame goin!

If anyone is interested in seeing and/or purchasing recast parts, it's time to put your $$$ where the mouth is and demand recast sets. The old molds are going or gone, and we need the torch to be past once again. 1/55 Recast

This will let all those interested put in their $0.02 and let someone get involved. We need more cast. At least I do. :D

• 4 weeks later...

hehehe :D

like mike said ,its not worth it anymore to remake the molds . mine are burned out also and as i neigther have the time to remake them ,and it takes alot of time to make all those little pieces and molds.

at least i wont .

kanata has the absolute last armor that came out of my molds :D

duno maybe if someone has better tools to make molds :rolleyes:

hehehe  :D 

like mike said ,its not worth it anymore to remake the molds . mine are burned out also and as i neigther have the time to remake them ,and it takes alot of time to make all those little pieces and molds.

at least i wont .

kanata has the absolute last armor that came out of my molds  :D

duno maybe if someone has better tools to make molds  :rolleyes:

with your help and the ebay gods willing...

soon ;)

probably be a long time before I'm even close to your ability though... but I can hope.

Edited by kanata67

Yep, no one has these for sale. I've had my want in the wanted section for awhile. and I don't think anyone will post a for sale sign on their pieces. Even if they do, I think they'll gouge the price for them. Sad, so sad. Maybe I'll just get lucky and see someone cast them. I know Kidkorrupt's version was bad@ss and I'd like to see that recasted. Anyone??? Hmmm, I'll wait I guess

<_<