1/55 VT-1 Super Ostrich Custom

Jasonc

Well, this is my second custom 1/55 valk ever. I used the Bandai reissue VF-1J, and used a resin head, seat, and thruster set bought from Mslz. The decals are of course Anasazi's beautiful custom decals, and are just beautiful. For paint, I needed a darker orange than the Tamiya orange, so I went with Testor's orange, and also used Testors Light sand. For the coating of the toy, I used Model Master Lusterless Flat, for a more realistic look. If you wanna ask about the metal hinges, I didn't do them because it is a toy afterall, and I wanted to keep the feel and balance the look between a realistic fighter and a toy. Hope you enjoy. Comments always welcome. :D

hey now, that's pretty toit!! I don't think you did a bad job at all! Dayum I wish I can do something like that. I just lack the painting skills and patience for it too. Good job dood! :p:D:lol:

Nice!

What a beauty! I only wish I could do a custom like that. I haven't seriously worked on a custom valk since..........college!!!!! (about 4 years ago) Man, I'm getting old!

Seriously, nice job! Congrats!

David

very nice work, it looks real nice, i wish i could do that. i to lack the skill to pull this type of piantjob off, someday i will get the hang of it.

Hey, thanks everyone for the comps!

You forgot to post pics in gerwalk mode!:p

But awesome job! I say keep your custom because its one of a kind.

Also how long did it take for you to complete the custom?

6 months. I was lazy most the time, but as far as actual work??? About a month.

Hey Kanata, I got the parts, thank you. I will probably use the piece that looks like the arrow. It's not too thick and not all that flimsy either. Just remember, if you need parts or stuff, just pm me and let me know.

:D

Hey wait a minute. This custom bites massive chunks!!!!!!!! :p:p:p

Hehehe............nice work man.

Where do you get the time to build it. You are always glued to the T.V. playing Socom 2. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .............

This fall, SOCOM 3 will see my return!!!!!

How about you custom build a VE-1 next time because man, you need to stay away from the color Orange!!!!!! :D

Edited by MGREXX

MGREXX, your face finally pops up. I'm working on getting pieces for a VE, but as I don't know anyone who has a set yet, I'm fishing. Anyways, I don't have too much time on my hands with work, juggling a couple girls, and SOCOM II. But it's good to finally see a post from you. HEHEHEHE, No orange for awhile. But the current one does have red, white, black... you'll see soon.