1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

My buddies are full of good intentions, but something always seems to come up, in fairness to them they all have jobs, kids, houses etc..... it just seems that i count on the help and then get the last minute phone call that they can't make it. One of the hardest things, and longest, was hanging new celing joists by myself, that and hoisting up 4x8ft sheets of plywood alone. Oh and hanging drywall alone is no picnic either....

mike

LOL thats exactly the same thing I had to do, that and playing musical furniture with all the stuff I cant move out of the workshop due to space etc. All I need to do is put in the new electrics and finnish painting a put up a couple of shelves. Yeah like that will only take a few mins. :blink:

New shop is up an running, mold making will start this week.......couple of pics of the new shop, wrapped in r19 insulation so i can cast year round, 20+feet of casting benches, prep table and 3 pressure pots.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

• 3 weeks later...

Keep an eye out in the next few months fine scale modelers. The MONSTER was photographed for a Wonderfest Photo spread.

Hey that's fantastic . Hopefully and finally they will give Macross or sci-fi modeling in general some justice.

By the way where are the wonderfest tread and pics going to be at??

That's cool! Both the new shop and FSM spread. So HWR, did they photograph just your stuff, or did they get anyone else's? - MT

They took a bunch of pictures. We probably won't know until the it appears in the FSM.

Pictures and a write up will appear on Starshipmodeler. I took about 200 pictures myself. I'm still going through all of mine.

Edited by neptunesurvey

FSM went to Wonderfest? Weird... the mag has been nothing but stupid car models and bad airplane models lately... maybe one tank per issue if you're lucky and there was once a Star Wars model in it.... it'd be weird to see the Monster in there, esp. with it being HWR's :lol:

mlsz... I might be in for a Monster, but I was wondering if I could come pick it up on some Thursday over the summer? I'll be working at a summer camp in Hinsdale, MA, and it'd be a heck of a lot easier to pick it up on one of my days off than to have the beast shipped to Albany NY...

FSM went to Wonderfest? Weird... the mag has been nothing but stupid car models and bad airplane models lately... maybe one tank per issue if you're lucky and there was once a Star Wars model in it.... it'd be weird to see the Monster in there, esp. with it being HWR's :lol:

mlsz... I might be in for a Monster, but I was wondering if I could come pick it up on some Thursday over the summer? I'll be working at a summer camp in Hinsdale, MA, and it'd be a heck of a lot easier to pick it up on one of my days off than to have the beast shipped to Albany NY...

Yeah, once i get the molds up and running again we can figure something out, i can meet you somewhere in the middle of CT, like a mall or something, that is what i do when i meet up with Jesse....

mike

• 2 weeks later...
Thats a window mounted AC unit BigF. Something that would sell well in england considering alot of houses done have AC

Thanks for that I didnt know.

I have a feeling that us U.K ites will be seeing these more often due to the higher temps durring summer.

Awesome... Maybe it;s too early to ask, but when does that mean 2nd run models should be available?

I have a priority casting project showing up tomorrow, i will be making molds for that and the monster at the same time and will likely start casting parts for both next week, that does not mean i willl have kits ready next week but i will start accumulating parts over the next couple of weeks, once i have enough i will start taking some $$$ for the 2nd run. The 2nd run will be smaller than the first, likely under 15 or 20 kits, after that it may be a long time before they are available again, if ever...

mike

• 3 months later...

Yeah, that commission job Mike is doing happens to be one of my all favorite spaceships. I am glad he's the one getting it done..

He might have to make a second run if the deal works well which means he'll delay the monster a bit longer. But He'll get back to it eventually since he's a big Macross fan... so, patience people..We all have to pay the mortgage...

I was just thinking the other day, instructions were never finished? I'd just like to make a parts check that I don't have any missing parts. Not that I would be afraid of that, but it's just the standard procedure I make with resin kits. Personally I could use instructions in general too, because this sucker is so big that it would be good to know how a pro guy would put it together securely. I'm not building this in near future, so I'm in no hurry or anything, just a wish. ^_^

Hey Guys, sorry i have not been here in ages, i have been busier than ever with commission work and other projects. There will in fact be a final run of this, and i will finish the instructions after i have some castings to work from. In the meantime if anyone needs help with assembly please email me at salzo1@aol.com, i don't come here as often as i used to.

I have been making new molds for this as i get chances and i will likely start casting up some of the smaller parts with other projects so when the time comes i will have a bunch of parts on hand.

In all likelyhood there will only be another 10-15 of these made, that is all that the biggest of the body mold will bear, and i do not think there is enough of a demand to warrent remaking that mold, it cost over $300.00 for that mold alone, this thing is HUGE!!!!

BTW i have not abandoned other macross projects, just need to clear out some other projects and get cracking!!

thanks

mike

Hey Guys, sorry i have not been here in ages, i have been busier than ever with commission work and other projects. There will in fact be a final run of this, and i will finish the instructions after i have some castings to work from. In the meantime if anyone needs help with assembly please email me at salzo1@aol.com, i don't come here as often as i used to.

I have been making new molds for this as i get chances and i will likely start casting up some of the smaller parts with other projects so when the time comes i will have a bunch of parts on hand.

In all likelyhood there will only be another 10-15 of these made, that is all that the biggest of the body mold will bear, and i do not think there is enough of a demand to warrent remaking that mold, it cost over $300.00 for that mold alone, this thing is HUGE!!!!

BTW i have not abandoned other macross projects, just need to clear out some other projects and get cracking!!

thanks

mike

Finally got my butt on this board.

Hey Mike, am I still number 2 on the waiting list for your next run of monsters?

Aaron Propper

• 2 weeks later...
please put me on the list. I would like 1. Is there a deposit or something? How long will it take for me to get one?

I would like to be on the list also and I have the same questions as above.

thanks

Jason