1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

Ok, i got into a situation where i am completly out of supplies for other projects until thursday so last night i played around a bit with the forward part of the cannon, this by no means is this part done, just a start. As you can see the cannon will be largely hollow, with 2 halves, the routed out part of the outside of the cannon will get some guts and a panel to cover it if you do not want to paint the guts. the front of the arm cannon will get a "cap" with the detail of the 3 barrels. all the seprating parts are designed so that you should not need to do any filling, all the parting lines should appear as panel lines. the panel lines are pretty light, as i imaging they would be, any scale wizzards can chime in about that.....

mike

Picture410.jpg

I can't believe how much excitement those pics can create! :o It looks awesome already!

Keep up the great work! (not too fast though, as others have said, I've got to save up for this one!)

Here you go, we should all have an idea of how big a jetfire booster is :D , keep in mind that this is only the forward half of the arm cannon. off to the side you can see the start of the foot, that part is only upper part of the foot, so if it does not look quite right size wise, don't worry. I will not get to work on this much this week as my supplies for some other projects are in, but I will try to get some little stuff done here and there..in fact this is the project i can work on after my daughter goes to bed.....it does not require any loud aircompressor ;)

Picture413.jpg

Edited by mslz22

The geeky engi-nerd in me is curious about something. How much is the arm

going to weigh? I am assuming it is going to be made hollow somehow to reduce

weight, but how is the arm going to be supported?

I realize this is something you worked out long ago, I'm just curious.

If the rest of the project looks as good as the arm, this is going to be one kick-ass

model. Keep up the great work, and I am eagerly looking forward to more

progress pictures.

Thanks

It will be largely hollow, so the weight will not be anywhere near as the other 1/72, once i get to casting i plan on doing a photo guide on how to build, for parts that will have any real weight on them the parts will be made so that it will be easy to use brass pins to strengthen up the joint. I am also trying to cast the parts in a way that the different color parts are seperate, to minimize the masking, the only real exception will be the white on the cannon, but the light green and the dark green will be seperate parts.

That was a quick scratch build on the arm man. I have faith is all i can say on this. WOW mmmmmmm Monster (drool) My wife will kill me for getting it not because of price but the fact that it till make the neighbors mini cooper look even smaller he he . I have no idea where i would put it but i do know i will make mine so i can dis assemble it and move it around in a foot locker or 2.

(thoughts in head ) now how to make it walk. Put a servo here combined to a gear drive there.

So how do you hide them when you build them?

I should take a picture of my basement sometime. We just bought a new house. And the unfinished basement is MINE! She gets what she wants upstairs... but th downstairs is my man cave. Most of my stuff is in cardboard boxes. But I have about a dozen already started kits in a shelving unit bought from Target. I have my main workbench, a table for my spray booth, and a table for the really messy stuff like when I'm building structures from foam and Durham's Water Putty... god, i love that stuff.

OK, after seeing those latest pics, put me down for one of these bad boys. The arm cannon it looks like the size of a keyboard. Please put me down for one (1). Thanks :D

She knows i order them :D and even picks them up at the post office for me. In the next 3 weeks she will be picking up a 1/16 T34/85 and Leopard 2A6 from Tamiya. The only thing my wife is concerned with is space :D i have no shelf room as it is and had to allocate room fot these 2 incoming tanks so the monster would have to hide in the garage unassembled until i got it back to the states. :angry: not that theres a room big enough in the house to fit the thing into as is.