1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

just a quick question, the three seats, it is that the center is the chief's seat and one is the gunner's and the other is the driver's? Just wanted to know, I was with a FA unit, in the national guard.

I think the 1/72 scale is awesome, but boy could you imagnine a 1/48 scale, I would imagine it would be around 500-600 ea. I would go for it being that big.

You think 1/72 scale is big be glad it isnt going to be 1/35 scale to accomodate the figure and detail sets in that range :p . If one were made in 1/35 scale i would find a way to make it walk and fire charges out of the barrels :D

When you make the master parts dont forget to make the smoke dischargers for the front as seen in the screencap from the show on the last page. Its the only time you see them on there actually.

You think 1/72 scale is big be glad it isnt going to be 1/35 scale to accomodate the figure and detail sets in that range :p . If one were made in 1/35 scale i would find a way to make it walk and fire charges out of the barrels :D

When you make the master parts dont forget to make the smoke dischargers for the front as seen in the screencap from the show on the last page. Its the only time you see them on there actually.

The smoke dischargers you could steal from any tank kit. They look pretty standard.

Nice model, one thing I could never stand about some versions of the monster is the way they have the barrels configured. Two pointing in one direction the other two pointing in another. I haven't read or seen anything that says the barrels can move independantly so it doesn't make any sense to me. What if they wanna shoot the same target with all four barrels at the same time?

Thoughts?

It'd be silly not to be able to move the barrels. What if a leg was damaged, the ground soft, or simple fine sighting adjustments, etc.

By being able to position the barrles, you gain that much more accuracy. When you see the barrels spread, they aren't aiming at a target and they aren't ready to fire, but reloading or just in the 'safety on' sorta position.

However, when all 4 are aiming together, there's little chance their targets will know what happened.

The arms have the same poses, a firing stance and a 'at ease' stance.

On page 2 of this thread, the line art is both arms and cannon aiming, while the CG pics are of the cannon only aiming.

The kit shown on page three is 'at ease'.

Would there be any type of a deal if we where to purchase 2 to help out the 25 people needed to get this going? I only want one, but if there can be some type of deal on two than maybe we can get more people involved.

As long as we get close to the 20 i will seriously consider starting to put blueprints together, and hope that once the build really starts I can ge the last 5 kits. i really love this mech so I would likely scratch one for myself at some point....this just puts a fire under my *%&* :D

Ok...looks like we are getting close enough......hopefully once i start on the masters we will get a few more people.....I need to finish up a custom for vermillion one first (he has been waiting waaaaaay too long) then i can work on this and the vf4 at the same time....most of my other projects are pretty caught up...

mike

I'm making a new thread for mslz22 (Mike) just to draw more attention. After some discussion in this thread, Mike has considered to scratchbuilt a 1/72 Monster that has more accurate dimensions, more detail, and on top of it all CHEAPER than the Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Monster that already exists.
My goal would be to get it around $275.00 + shipping, for that i think i would need 25 people, again no prepay, just a nod that 25 people would want a kit. for that price i would need to get it down to about 6lbs of resin, which may be possible.

So as Mike said, this is what we need...

At least 25 people to be interested for him to start on this kit.

Price: $275 preshipped.

But be warned that ~6lbs of resin isnt exactly super cheap to be shipped. So a wild guess might put this kit in the range of being nearly $300 give or take some depending on where you live.

Even tho we had an interested count in the other thread, I'm going to start an actual list on this one.

So those who were interested please post again in this thread so I can add you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Kits : 19

Current List:

AlphaHX (2)

Myersjessee

jorawar_b

Grayson72

Robert S

HWR MKII

THOR

Berttt

azrhino

007-vf1

Viceland

ChristopherB

Ranger565

onezero

xstoys

hirohawa

flash

promethuem5

I AM interested !!!!

I always liked the Monster, but apart the 1/160th scale plastic one, I always found the other kits far more too square. I even bought another 1/160 kit to try to modify some details (feet, cockpit, engine...).

It has been a while I haven't been excited that much by a project (I became a member of this forum just to be able to post my answer), please count me in !!!!

(note : I live in France, I hope it is no problem... Yes, I know, the shipping fee will be a "little" higher...)

Sincerely,

David Siegl

Got what?? 25 people?? The question is, will all of them follow thru after Mike pours all that effort into a Monster and it's time to pay... <_<

My money's already got Mikes name on it...

OT... humm, 99 posts, do I get a little blue square and a new nifty title under my user name at 100???

Edited by Viceland