1/48 Custom Cannon Fodder - slightly wounded

Kurt

I notice that one of the forearms is white and the other brown. Is this a case of one forearm being replaced due to previous battle damage, or just Kurt getting lazy and forgetting to paint it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They pulled it from the one Hikaru scrapped in DYRL!

CFs can take a hit and not immediately disintigrate?

Another long held belief shattered by Kurt! :lol:

Hmmm.. Very nice.

One observation though, from the way the fresh damage is grouped, it seems that this particular valk got hit at 3 separate times. The upper fuselage (in Fighter) damage (both before and after the split torso) seems to be from one cluster, but the impact holes and burrs suggests two different source of fire. That your intention?

I didn't notice the non-matching forearms.. I guess one got blown off and had to be replaced totally. :)

Hmm. No pilot's name, not ever the overused "Warmaker".. :)

It's a great piece of work, but to be honest it's not something I would pick up as my first 1/48. Maybe Godzilla. :p

Nice battle damage!

Or maybe the CF pilots just keep dying in that plane after every battle.

Once the crews get it patched up again they just slap another rookie into it

only to have it returned damaged again and another pilot fatally wounded. :p

Good luck Kurt on selling that work of art.

That'd be one cursed valk. :p

Excellent custom; I really like how the scorch marks accent the actual damage. The patches are a nice touch too.

Edited by Ed.Coli

Wow, that is really a nice piece of work, at first when you posted your intention to make a battle damaged 1/48, I thought you insane, but looking at this, I think it is well worth it! I salute you, you are indeed a first rate customizer.

Twich

Edited by twich

Absolutely gorgeous work! This is one of the best customs I've seen. I like how you kept the amount of damage low and did some patch jobs. The result is definitely believable. I also like the burns behind each blast point that trail along the hull of the Valkyrie. A very nice touch.

dayum that's toit!!! Now if this had the damaged fast packs on, it would make this piece even more perfect! Good freakin job!