Justice League Unlimited

Can't say I keep up with the comic mythos, but just wondering, can electricity hurt Superman? I mean like severly injure him?

Well, if the Superman TAS is any indication, then yes it can. When he was fighting Livewire it definitely did a number on him. If you're referring to Capt. Marvel, I think it has more to do with Cap's powers coming from magic. Supes is very vunerable to magic of all types. I'm definitely seeing a JLU version of "Kingdom Come" heading our way. Should be frakin' sweet.

I really want to see where this current arc is headed. I know the one goverment woman knows who Batman is but has she informed Lex in anyway? I wonder now especially after they set Superman up the way they did, forcing the fight between thim and Captain Marvel. I think he was wrong in saying the Justice League weren't heroes anymore, they just aren't nieve about the situation and know that certain people just can't be trusted from experience. Which I think is a good thing since it makes the super heros more like real and normal people that they tend to want to be at times.

I really wish Justice League was still an hour long instead of a half hour.

Actually there are now new episodes of Inuyasha, so far it's the TeenTitans, the chopped up One-Piece that tends to ge the one-hour block.

But, I gotta say this... I do hope that this new season would end up something close to "Kingdom Come".

kingdom_come.jpg

and yes, my copies are autographed by Alex.

Edited by Dangaioh

I thought Panic in the Sky wasn't as good a climax as I had hoped. By the end of Flashpoint, I wash all pumped up, but the fighting in Panic, while satisfying just seemed to end... too conveniently. The twist at the end should be interesting. Luthor's a sick, sick man. That said, I think Kingdom Come was more about metahumans learning to cope with other metahumans, right? I mean there's the old guard with their chivalrous code and the new guard who does as they please. Humans no longer have confidence in the old guard. The new guard take over and the old ones go into hiding. The new ones cause problems, old ones come back and deal with it. JLU is more about metahumans dealing with humans and their paranoia.

vinnie

Spoiler.... If it was so easy to reach the Watchtower by missles, why even bother with an invasion force? They were going to blow it up anyways, they should have just sent a couple of real missles.

Oh yeah, I hated Clash. Marvel is too idealized, and Superman was too dense. I mean why the hell would Luthor build a bunch of buildings for poor families and then blow it up??? That and its not like he doesn't know that Luthor knows that he has super hearing. It was such an obvious setup. As Batman says, "Leave it to you to charge in with both arms swinging."

vinnie

• 1 month later...

I love JLU because it goes where none of the JL comics went. Instead of it just being the JL all the time we get stories from everywhere in the DC universe.

I love Jack Kirby so when I saw the New Gods appear in Superman I was soo stoked.

That continues in JLU. I just watched a great episode the other day. "The Ties that Bind" It has Mr Miracle and Barta come to the JL to ask for help. Flash decides he can help them. The flashbacks where it shows Stan(Mr Miracle) as a kid being raised by Darkseids mom are awesome. Seriously great writing and serious nods to the great comics over the years are what make this show great. My bro in law doesnt even know who Mr Miracle is but he loved the episode and immediatley started asking me all about who the New Gods and Kirbys Fourth World are.

Did anyone else read the info from Comic Con.

Next season storyline will be focused on the Legion of Doom. Awesome

I just hope we get some DVD sets soon. For now I will just have to live with the Downloads

Words I never expected to see in a US animation are "based on a story by Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore"...!  :lol:

312587[/snapback]

Man it would be cool to have an episode with some of the Watchmen charicters and have it be some history book or alternate world.

The Question himself is heavily based on some Rorchach(sp) and Frank Millers Question in Batman Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Words I never expected to see in a US animation are "based on a story by Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore"...!  :lol:

312587[/snapback]

Man it would be cool to have an episode with some of the Watchmen charicters and have it be some history book or alternate world.

The Question himself is heavily based on some Rorchach(sp) and Frank Millers Question in Batman Dark Knight Strikes Again.

312629[/snapback]

Actually, I think it might be more the other way around - IIRC, the Watchmen characters were based on characters bought up by DC and not used for various reasons until Alan Moore got hold of them. Additionally, I seem to remember reading that some members of the JL (for example, Blue Beetle) were also based on the this same original source (or, even, on Watchmen characters - think how close Blue Beetle is to Nite-Owl, for example), buts its been so long since I read that I may well have got some of things mixed up.

Caught the rerun of Epilogue. I'm not really sure what to make of it. I'm glad that they keep adding parts of Batman Beyond in Justice Leaque Unlimited. They even had Static in one episode that dealt with the Terry Batman via timeline episode.

I'm not sure what to make of Terry actually being Bruce's son though. I can understand his frustration from finding out but I thought that would be seriously extreme for Bruce to do. Come to find out he didn't even do it(but the woman from Cadmas), which is good. Was interesting to see how much she changed over the years.

I did find it cool that they has Phantasm as the one that was suppose to kill Terry's parents but she wouldn't do it. Nice reference to the Mask of the Phantasm movie. I wonder if the Kent that Bruce mentioned at the end was Clark Kent or maybe Clark's son. Superman was getting the gray hair in one of the Batman Beyond episodes but Terry was 16 or 17 then but now he looked like he was in his late 20s. Seeing Ace from the Royal Flush Gang was nice. Didn't realize that she came from Cadmas as well.

I do hope they continue doing more Batman Beyond era material like this. I woudl like to see a Teen Titan refernece though. There was one in a Static Shock episode where Batman appeared, where Static asked about Robin. Saying he was with the Teen Titans, and Static is all confused. Batman replies that he'll meet them someday. Seeing as Static was still around in the Batman Beyond era, I'd really like to see how things went when he joined the Titans, if he ever did. From the Static episodes he knew the Justice League (pre-Unlimited) and seemed to be closest to Batman and Green Latern.

Caught the rerun of Epilogue. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

313760[/snapback]

Yeah, Batman Beyond just got a bit creepier with knowing Terry is virtually Bruce's son. Although Cadmus' plot to have Terry watch his parents die in front of him was just shocking, I liked that Terry was seeing "The Grey Ghost" as well as Andrea being the assassin. Batman's scene with Ace's death was also really well done....gotta say, they're not going for the kiddy stories are they? Now where are all my full season dvds?!?! :angry:

Yeah I think so. Can't wait for the new season. It's one of the few shows that I don't mind waiting for since I know the wait is worth it. I hope they use more of the other super heros beside the main Justice League leadership. They made great use of Green Arrow, Supergirl, and The Question this season I believe. They used them the most I think and one other but not sure.

I really hope they at least have Nightwing show up or bring Doomsday back. Would be cool if they ran through the Light and Death of Superman storyline. They already have Steel and Supergirl in the show.

I agree, that did make the Batman Beyond storylne just a bit creepier. Still now that I think about it, the episode was pretty well done. Nothing really in your fact action wise but loved the character interaction.

Yeah I think so. Can't wait for the new season. It's one of the few shows that I don't mind waiting for since I know the wait is worth it. I hope they use more of the other super heros beside the main Justice League leadership. They made great use of Green Arrow, Supergirl, and The Question this season I believe. They used them the most I think and one other but not sure.

I really hope they at least have Nightwing show up or bring Doomsday back. Would be cool if they ran through the Light and Death of Superman storyline. They already have Steel and Supergirl in the show.

I agree, that did make the Batman Beyond storylne just a bit creepier. Still now that I think about it, the episode was pretty well done. Nothing really in your fact action wise but loved the character interaction.

313935[/snapback]

Next season in part, will involve a serious Legion of Doom. In other words, if a large group of heroes can unite to try to do good, why can't the villians follow a similar pattern to do evil.

COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED

• 5 months later...
The best news i've heard about this show is that the Legion of Super-heroes is gonna show up and eventually get their own show. They've been my favorite team for years, its gonna be good to see where that show goes....

314601[/snapback]

for any one intrested the First three New eps are out on the Net

Flash and Subtance

Dead Recoking

and Patriot Act

The UK gets first viewing US should get them Late Spring early Summer

Ok some quick run downs.

Flash and Substance.

If you love Flash this episode is for you. This is basically a Flash episode that happens to have Bats and Orion in it. Fun,funny and some great fights. It also shows Flash in a more human side.

Dead Reckoning.

Hot damn. This episode was awesome. One of the best of the entire run of JL/JLU.

I am getting Patriot Act right now....

So let me go out on a limb here and ask a stupid question... does this mean that JLU is officially NOT cancelled?! I keep hearing so many crazy things about it and Teen Titans that I can't keep up with them all.

If it's coming back to Cartoon Network in the near future, then HELL YES. I want a box set of this entire show so badly now.

How is it that the UK got to see this before us??? I'd much rather be watching a quality show like JLU than Zatch Bell or One Piece. Those shows don't need to be in prime time.

Do they even know when they're going to start showing JLU again? Originally it was supposed to be back in December, now they're saying Spring of this year....

Then I read somewhere that Bruce Timm (or was it Dini??) wanted out of Warner animation... I hope that CN will actually show the last eps instead of just blowing off the American fan base.

Patriot Act was a great episode - the best of the three. Green Arrow, Star Girl, Shining Knight, Vigilante and the robot guy are sent to take down a new super powered villain. One of the Teen Titans makes a brief appearance. The WWII scene at the beginning is great!

So let me go out on a limb here and ask a stupid question... does this mean that JLU is officially NOT cancelled?! I keep hearing so many crazy things about it and Teen Titans that I can't keep up with them all.

If it's coming back to Cartoon Network in the near future, then HELL YES. I want a box set of this entire show so badly now.

364035[/snapback]

This is the last season of JLU and Teen Titans(which is now over)

For some reason CN UK is showing the new episodes.

CN USA is a bunch of retarded morons. I heard it wont air the rest of this last season of JLU till MAY!

By then I will have seen them all if the UK doesnt take any breaks.

If you want more info go to Toonzone forums.

Hi is this really it for Teen Titans? i know that they showed the last episode for this season, but is it confirmed that there will not be a next? i love the series and it has seemed quite popular, the last episode also ended in a way where it seemed like there could still be more, they were still fighting enemies and they reshowed Slade's return. even though this one was a machine, he (the real one) escaped the battle with Trigon and is still out there it was obvious that he sent the mech to taunt Beast Boy (it is a usual tactic to taunt and keep the titans guessing through out the series). does anyone have any really confirmed info on ending of both series?

chris

Hi is this really it for Teen Titans? i know that they showed the last episode for this season, but is it confirmed that there will not be a next? i love the series and it has seemed quite popular, the last episode also ended in a way where it seemed like there could still be more, they were still fighting enemies and they reshowed Slade's return. even though this one was a machine, he (the real one) escaped the battle with Trigon and is still out there it was obvious that he sent the mech to taunt Beast Boy (it is a usual tactic to taunt and keep the titans guessing through out the series). does anyone have any really confirmed info on ending of both series?

chris

364071[/snapback]

Yeah. Teen Titans is gone. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the Teen Titans Tokyo DTV.

JLU is not confirmed but the rumors at toonzone.net suggest that the various artist from JLU(minus Bruce Timm....no one knows what he is up to next) are going to work on Legion of Superheros(rumored to star Supergirl) and that JLU is definatley over. I hope that the rumor that Bruce Timm wants to make a Kamandi animated series(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!)is true.

I guess we will probably know more by summer.

yea the movie sounds coool but it is a shame that there will be no more episodes, maybe we will get lucky alittle later down the line and they will make some new episodes, maybe with some of the other characters from the Teen Titans comics or Nightwing.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Damn! This show just doesn't let go. It's unbelievable how good the writing and the stories are. I can't believe that its not getting another couple of seasons. They've manage to make all of the characters so cool. By far THE most watchable show on TV bar none.

vinnie

:( Weren't both Teen Titans and Justice League getting pretty good ratings? Damn shame to see both gone. I heard something about CN only wanting their own shows on the network as much as possible instead of shows owned by other companies but this doesn't apply to the whoel Adult Swim or Toonami slots. Is this true? Could it be they don't want to pay money to companies like Warner Bros for new episodes of shows since getting anime shows might be cheaper?

I was under the impression that the big problem with the JLU was that it was hogging characters for the WB's new products (The Batman, and *rumor* The Superman or some such lame re-boot to sync up with the movie). The Timm Universe has been around for about 15 years and it's original demographic is now old (yes, me too). WB wanted to reboot the franchises to the kiddies and JLU had wrapped all the good characters up for the toylines.

Anyways, I read earlier today that JLU was coming back on Feb.11 to the states (and that the fork was pretty deep at this point for another season). Probably because TPTB at CN saw how many people were torrenting the UK eps, which BTW have been pretty cool. Especially, the last ep with the Flash. It kind of has "Challange of the Superfriends" type plot, but was pulled off with a lot more style.

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting a bit tired of the Legion of Doom story arc. Sure it came up with some nice fun episodes (love the Flash and Supergirl ones, everything else is eh), but all season long, I've been waiting for the kind of stories that made last season so great: seeing Cadmus trash the Watchtower, Luthor merging with Brainiac. Then we get the wallop. Darkseid is back and he wants vengeance. Earth gets invaded. Supergirl is no longer around. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

vinnie