Buying Slump!!!

91WhiskeyM6

I lost $200 to my city's police DPT last month for parking in various "NO PARKING" zones( college campus). $200 would have netted me atleast a 1/48 and a 1/60.

:(

but you're right... some lucky toy company out there is going to get half my paycheck soon.

It sucks not buying any Valks/TF's !!!

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

I lost $200 to my city's police DPT last month for parking in various "NO PARKING" zones( college campus). $200 would have netted me atleast a 1/48 and a 1/60.

$200 in parking tickets? WTF?? :blink: What did you do - block the fire lane in front of a burning preshool??? :lol::lol::lol:

$200 in parking tickets? WTF?? :blink: What did you do - block the fire lane in front of a burning preshool??? :lol::lol::lol:

In Chicago, tickets start at $50. Even for not having your parking permit, it's $50. Fortunately at UD, if your car isn't registered, you just toss the tickets (it's only UDPD so you just toss them.) If it is, you either don't park on campus or pay them up (at the end of the semester they get added to your bill).

This year I am in a buying slump. Consider last year.

From June 2002 to the end of 2002 (six month span) I purchased:

Bandai: Roy 1S, Hikaru 1J, CF 1A, Super Valk with FP.

Yamato: Max DYRL 1/60, CF 1/60, Strike Valk, Hikaru 1A 1/48, Hikaru Super 1J.

This year so far: (Nine months into the year.)

Yamato: Max Super, Millia Super, Hikaru 1A, Kakizaki 1/60 custom.

Bandai: Max 1J, Millia 1J.

Well not much of a slump but still a slump. I mean...its been almost a year since I purchased my 1/48 and have not purchased another!!!

You guys want to talk about a slump, try this one of for size :)

A year and a half ago, I bought a 1/55th CF-1A from Hobbylink. A little over a month ago I bought two of the Alpha Superposables.

Right now, all three toys are occupying the top shelf of my closet, still in their boxes.

However, I sense the end of my vacation from toys coming. A 1/48th, an MPC Prime, an MPC Alpha or three...

I hear ya. About 5 months ago I also stopped buying Valkyries, anime, toys, and even visiting the 'Forums. Now, as I try to make my way back to Macross, the Low Visibility Valkyrie has become the Low Availability Valkyrie, the 'Forums are anew and the Terminator is running for governor....

I don't remember giving the world permission to move on without me......

My 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis is on its way :D After this arrives im holding on for the YF-19 FP as I can't afford to buy anymore unless I want my parents to kill me :blink: I know one thing, I won't be telling them the price, which was £107 ($177) including delivery oO

My 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis is on its way :D After this arrives im holding on for the YF-19 FP as I can't afford to buy anymore unless I want my parents to kill me :blink: I know one thing, I won't be telling them the price, which was £107 ($177) including delivery oO

I need to get both of those too. What sucks was that I was soooo freaking close to catching up with all the Valks, McFarlane(California sports stars anyway), and Transformer reissues out there..and then BLAM! Just got tired of collecting or was too busy with my new job and school.

I'm like 10-15 figures/robots behind...crap! :rolleyes:

I need the following BAD:

1 Takara reissue #8 Inferno

1 Takara reissue #9 Starscream

2 Takara reissue #10 Soundwaves

Unicron Statue

G1 complete Predaking

1 1/72 VF-11B FP

2 1/48 Low Viz

2 1/48 VF-1A Max

1 1/48 Parts and Armor set

1 1/48 VF-1S Focker

2 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich

2 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker

Toynami Alpha poseables(I hate contributing to HG .. but I love the Mospeada/cyclones)

McFarlane Barry Bonds

McFarlane Terrel Owens

McFarlane Matrix movie figures

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

I decided to inaugurate my return to money burning with a purchase of the Low Availability Valkyrie as well-I paid $177. I know I could've gotten it for cheaper on the 'Bay, but when it comes to Valkyries the 'Bay makes me nervous.

Where did you get your 'Low Vis. from?

buying slump...

I'm always in a buying slump... thats why people make fun of me for being so stingy with money. Lord knows I won't be getting a 1/48 till I find one for less than $100 shipped, as if thats going to happen anytime soon. :blink:

I won a whopping $41.23 worth of stuff off of ebay in the past month. Of that record low total for myself... only $6 of it was for me and the rest is stuff I bought on behalf of gian who finds it easier to get multiple stuff shipped to me and have me ship out one big box. On the other hand... I am involved in a rather large deal that may just benifit everyone here in some way or another when it's all said and done :rolleyes: . Till it happens... "slump" does apply.

I decided to inaugurate my return to money burning with a purchase of the Low Availability Valkyrie as well-I paid $177. I know I could've gotten it for cheaper on the 'Bay, but when it comes to Valkyries the 'Bay makes me nervous.

Where did you get your 'Low Vis. from?

I got it from Epic Heroes. They are the only place in England I've found that sells Yammies and I've got my fingers crossed they'll be putting the YF-19 FP up for pre-order when the time comes