What is the #1 Toy (not Model) that you love best?

JValk

That I own - my Takatoku DX Big Dai-X toy. Basically a block of die-cast, an extremely non-childsafe sword and one of the goofiest transformations I've ever come across - made even more so by the fact that the mecha didn't transform in the TV series it came from!

That I would like to get - a Blitzkreig Combination Big Dai-X. The next step up from the DX.

That I have been trying to get: Microman Rescue Force M-272. I thought this would make a nice present for my brother, as the figure has the same name as him (all Micromen have names as well as numbers).

Unfortunately, it turns out to be just about the rarest Microman ever made... <_<

Edited by F-ZeroOne

I like my "play" stuff to be built like tank... so for a toy that you can actually "play" with w/o being the slightest bit gentle I'd have to say...

1) Any bandai chunky monkey

2) Love sentai so... hurricanger toys/combiners

3) tokyo marui remote control godzilla

Don't get me wrong I love yammies and all that stuff... but to me those are just for posing and display more than anything else.

My favorites are my

1) 1/48 Roy -1S w/ FP

2)Masterpiece Prime,

3)SOC Evas

MBG-24C GERWALK NIKICK

SUPER REAL 1/40 DIE-CAST PLASTIC SCALE MODEL & HIGH TECHNOLOGY PRODUCED BY TAKATOKU TOYS

Superb attention to detail

- from package design & materials, to actual molded & clear-parts details, paint application on large-size toy and insane amount of model-level stickers.

Originality

- otherworldly presence reinforced by "alien" text and symbols, exciting hard-SF mecha design with a high degree of industrial realism and a significant degree of asymmetric elements.

Top-notch toy engineering... from the 80's!

- almost indestructible plastics and good placement of metal; spring loaded hinges galore, complex yet durable detented joints, fold-away landing gear... NOTHING is discarded in any transformed mode - the gunpod actually stays in place.

Affordable... even today

- sold for less than 20USD back in the day, and commands about 150USD nowadays for a MIB specimen. And isn't even "RARE!!! HARD-TO-FIND!!!!" on eBay.

Mine has lasted over 15 years of hard play from childhood days. This is the only toy I'd take with me to a desert island. Thank you, Miyatake-san. Thank you, Takatoku Toys. For more info on Orguss toys, see the TBDX Datafiles.

post-4-1108779273_thumb.jpg

Edited by drifand

RBOZ-01 King Gojulas (Tomy Zoids)

EZ-021 Deathsaurer (Tomy Zoids)

EZ-015 Iron Kong (Tomy Zoids)

1/48 VF-1A Hikaru (Yamato)

ERTL Star Destroyer (its a model kit but I fly it around the house blasting rebel scum like a toy)

DX Msia MSN-04 Sazabi (can't pose much but it looks great)

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

My favorite Macross toy would be the yammie VF-11B FP version considering I only own that, the Maz 1/60 VF-1A, and the Max 1J MPC. I think I need a better paying job.

My favorite nonMacross would be my paintball gun, and my PS2. :D

It's a toss between yamato 1/48 lowvis and strikepack-equiped vf1s.

I absolutely love the banprestos too because they are so tiny and small and easy to have around on display in any mode in any pose. (no long complex transformations like 1/48, and they can fit in your pocket!) With a bit of blutack helping to keep them from faling off the computer monitor on windy days, (damn they are light, but this just means no loose hips) these are great for creating a scene with teams of miniture valks.

Now if only they somehow made a cheap mini transformable yf19 in this scale with the same nice sculpt they put into these vf1s? I'd buy up as many as I could to have them fight against the vf1s.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd say it would be my Bandai Strike valkyrie that took me forever to piece together! I've gathered up so many extra parts that I actually have almost two extra sets of strike armor! ;):p:D:lol: