Transformation of the Sv-51

twich

Okay, I have done a search on the forums to see if this was brought up before, but I did not find anything.....

So, here it is....How does the SV-51 transform? I have looked at the Macross Zero OVA, but the action is too quick and is usually obscured by the wings "Flapping" So, where are the arms stowed? on some of the model convesions, I have seen winglets or stabs on the arms, on others, I have not...what is correct? The two vertical stabs that are on ther rear and dont appear to be on the legs.

I have also heard reference by Graham and others of "Line-Art" Can someone post some pictures of this line art and the transformation sequence....damn, if only we had Macross Zero Design Works to reference....

Twich

The arms are like the YF-21. They just go back among the side of the plane. The legs obviously is similar like the 19 and 1 and just go back. The head is located where the 11 and 19 head is located on the fighter mode. The only odd thing is the nose of the plane. It folds like the YF-19 but in the nose of the plane is actually under the the "cod" piece. <- Big anime magic on this part imo.

Anyways, thats how I understand it to be. I'll see if I can find clips from the anime or pictures models to help show you what I mean.

Edited by AlphaHX

i wonder if this Valk really is capable of transforming properly, it looks like there is so much anime magic that it just is not possible, i just realized when it was pointed out that the legs have to do a 180° turn all the way around. and considering on how bad the yamato 1/100 VF-0 seems without haveing to take off and change parts to make it transform properly i feel that we will probably never see a toy of this unless it has a unheard of amount of part swapping, it also looks way to fragile, not only as a toy but as a machine made for combat.

chris

i wonder if this Valk really is capable of transforming properly, it looks like there is so much anime magic that it just is not possible, i just realized when it was pointed out that the legs have to do a 180° turn all the way around. and considering on how bad the yamato 1/100 VF-0 seems without haveing to take off and change parts to make it transform properly  i feel that we will probably never see a toy of this unless it has a unheard of amount of part swapping, it also looks way to fragile, not only as a toy but as a machine made for combat.

chris

Actually there was a old Vf-1 model made by yellow submarine that required almost total part swapping to transform , Yamato just don't belive in the M0 merchandising and is going for a cheap toy without transformation mechanism, just like the bandai vf-2SS.

Uhm... i watched some sv-51 art from hobby japan, and yes, the nosecone actually fold in the front landing gear bay, this explain why its so long.

april-hj-page8.jpg

Edited by Ido

yea i realize there were older valks that were no different , i just mean Yamato now for the Macross Zero stuff, i realize that they are going to cheap route, but the VF-0 does not seem that hard to transform they could have gave it a simple transformation process that worked and looked good like the Macross Plus Valks, and we would still have had a nice toy that could cost around $60.00 or $70.00, but with all the part swapping on that i would hate to see how they would pull this one off :p

yea i realize there were older valks that were no different , i just mean Yamato now for the Macross Zero stuff, i realize that they are going to cheap route, but the VF-0 does not seem that hard to transform they could have gave it a simple transformation process that worked and looked good like the Macross Plus Valks, and we would still have had a nice toy that could cost around $60.00 or $70.00, but with all the part swapping on that i would hate to see how they would pull this one off :p

IMO the macross plus toys, DON'T look good at all :blink: The only VF toys that looks very good so far are the yammie 1/48, there are many garage kits that look good but toys...

IMO the macross plus toys, DON'T look good at all :blink: The only VF toys that looks very good so far are the yammie 1/48, there are many garage kits that look good but toys...

i actually like the macross plus toys i think the VF-11 is the best (except for the exploding hips <_< ) i guess everybody likes different things, i do know the 1/48's are the nicest. but i know yamato could have pulled off a transforming VF-0, if they could make the Yf-19 transform properly they should have had no problem with this

Wow, that is a pretty sweet custom....did someone do a custom to make it transformable? It looks like the same model, but can swtich from Fighter to Gerwalk mode. That is really nice regardless...Thanks for the pictures, with that I can really see the transformation, although i think now it has to be one of the coolest designs that Kawamori has come up with...too bad it is Anti-UN...LOL

Twich

Thank you again AlphaHX....

great images ....

do you know who did it ? I have a lot of questions to him ...

No problem.

I dont know who did it personally. Hes someone whos been kitbashing hasegawa kits to make them transformable and then selling them on Japan Yahoo. So I think unless you speak Japanese, you're out of luck.

Btw, he also made a VF-0S, VF-0D, VF-1S, and VF-1J.

Hes also does LED mods where he places LEDs in the wings, head, etc... basically anywhere that has lights. Pretty crazy imo. Take a look...