Max Factory's Guyver I figure

mechaninac

I've been waiting for Max Factory to come out with a Guyver I figure ever since the excellent Guyver III figure was released as G1 is the only one I'm really interested in purchasing; and now it's about to become a reality...sweet! :)

HLJ

post-26-1108573892_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

shoot it say this image stolen from HLJ, when i clicked the link it said the same thing which was alittle stupid considering i was on HLJ :unsure: ? i had to refresh a few times to see it, it does look cool how poseable is it anyhow?

I included the picture from HLJ, using the IMG function to link directly, so that one can get an immediate impression (instant gratification) upon viewing this thread; the link is to get the particulars (price, release date, etc.) and to place an order if desired. B))

As to the articulation, it should be just as good as the Guyver III figure that came out several months back and IIRC, that had awesome posability.

PS: They are also coming out with a Guyver II figure.

PPS: Fixed the picture problem.

Edited by mechaninac

I take it this is the Guyver II you were talking about? he looks pretty cool to.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

It's my understanding that they don't plan on producing a female version of the unit featured in the "Guyver Out of Control" OAV. That's a pity, since I would prefer to see that version of Unit II over the Lisker (Risker) version.

It's my understanding that they don't plan on producing a female version of the unit featured in the "Guyver Out of Control" OAV. That's a pity, since I would prefer to see that version of Unit II over the Lisker (Risker) version.

That's what kitbashers and toy modders were invented for :D

Speaking of which, if anyone out there manages to pull that one off, it'd be nice if they lent their services to those of us who don't have the time or patince to do it themselves (see:ME) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa... check these links out.

http://unit-g.sakura.ne.jp/wf051.htm

http://unit-g.sakura.ne.jp/wf052.htm

I was really hoping the Guyver Gigantic and Gigantic Dark would release, and w00t, they will be! :D But I can't help wondering how the shoulder joints could pivot with the humungous shoulderpads... Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see what magic Max Factory will show us this time.

Whoa... check these links out.

http://unit-g.sakura.ne.jp/wf051.htm

http://unit-g.sakura.ne.jp/wf052.htm

I was really hoping the Guyver Gigantic and Gigantic Dark would release, and w00t, they will be! :D But I can't help wondering how the shoulder joints could pivot with the humungous shoulderpads... Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see what magic Max Factory will show us this time.

wow, where are those suped up guyver units from?

From the Guyver manga.

The Gigantic Guyver/Guyver III is actually only one unit generated by the Gigantic coccoon which itself was produced by the relic after it "abducts" sho and reads the data from his Guyver unit's control medal.

As the relic ship is being destroyed by the surrounding fighting as well as the volcano's explosion, it whisks Sho to safety in the Gigantic coccoon, from which he eventually emmerges as the Gigantic Guyver.

However, lately, Agito was able to wrestle the Gigantic unit away from Sho and seems to be using it exclusively in the latest Manga volume.

the guyvers look really cool...wouldn't mind try to find out more about 'em...are the mangas gonna be translated in english or are there any fan translations of 'em?

The first 6 or 7 volumes of the manga were translated into english by Viz well over a decade ago, but for whatever reason, they stopped just as the storyline was getting interesting. The current japanese manga are up to volume 22.

the guyvers look really cool...wouldn't mind try to find out more about 'em...are the mangas gonna be translated in english or are there any fan translations of 'em?

The first 6 or 7 volumes of the manga were translated into english by Viz well over a decade ago, but for whatever reason, they stopped just as the storyline was getting interesting. The current japanese manga are up to volume 22.

interesting...i'll have to check out ebay one of these days (knowing viz, they don't bother reprinting their stuff <_< )

Yeah, i collected them all, thinking that that was the end of the story. Then my girlfriend at the time came back from a trip to italy with an italian version of the book, which featured the Gigantics and some weird elf guy, and it threw me for a loop.

I'd love to hear more about what the story is behind them.

• 2 months later...

ahh, that's good news for some of us. I wonder why they keep re-releasing these guys? Is it that hot? This is going to be the third time they restock them. :huh:

I for one don't care, just glad to finally get them!

And as for the English translated versions by Viz, the BASTARDS never finished and have NO interest for releasing collected volumes. Viz sucks! <_<:angry:

hey FM, I noticed that you don't have Guyver 2 on your list anymore? You got him already? :huh:

That's what kitbashers and toy modders were invented for :D

Speaking of which, if anyone out there manages to pull that one off, it'd be nice if they lent their services to those of us who don't have the time or patince to do it themselves (see:ME) :lol:

What scale is the Guyver I action figure? Or how tall is it? The pics I've seen makes it hard to tell.

I'm thinking maybe I can get two, and mod one with the Female Guyver kit I have.

Or just kitbash the kit with joints using the action figure as a base. I won't know until I have the figure in my hands though.

Well, my brother and I were looking at Guyver III, but we weren't interested in him. We were hoping/waiting for the Guyver I, and now our patients have awarded us! :D

I also want to get the Zx-Tole and maybe the Neo Zx-Tole too, but it's soooo expensive. :wacko:

• 7 months later...

It's actually an extra armour for the Guyver(s), originally belonging to Guyver I, but he then shares it with Guyver III. I'm not too familiar with how it came about, except it involved the fusion of Guyver I's Metal with another's when he was heavily damaged in a battle with Archangel (the main Zoalord?)