Industrial/EBM/Syth-Pop Fans

Totoro242

While perusing the Goth/Industrial section of a local CD Store, I came across a new Synth-Pop act called DESTROID and their debut album Future Prophecies.

I'm guessing by the name they must be Macross fans or the name is an unlikely coincidence, but in this day and age, who wouldnt do a quick Google search when deciding on band names and see a jillion results for Macross related pages? The jacket art features a montage red splattered b&w images of wires, hoses, and mechanical engines; and some Sci Fi mechanics; the Lost in Space Robot and a Tie Fighter, so chances are these guys are also Anime fans.

It's a great album for fans of hard-edged Synth Pop ala Hocico and Aghast View. It features some great samples from LOTR, The Exorcist, and possibly an Anime sample (I didnt recognise it, but it sounds Japanese).

So, does anyone know anything aboiut this band? I couldn't find much info on Net.

If any of you are Industrial/EBM/Syth-Pop fans, you should check them out :)

They are on SPV REcords out of Germany catalog # OUT 164 / SPV CD 085-39692.

Edited by Totoro242

what is this doing in fan works?

should be in other (and even then...)

and I'm not sure about any name connection. destroid isn't a bizarre name...intentional misspelling of destroyed or the G.I. Joe guy...or just a "hey, this sounds cool."

sounds pretty coincidental.

If they called it SDF-1, or Roy Focker, or something unique to Macross maybe, but destroid...no

Could be of course, but I wouldn't bet on it

I remember a long time ago there was this small band, cant remember the name, but they hand a song called FoKker's Feint. They were actually Robotech fans as they also had a song with Zentraedi in the title.

While perusing the Goth/Industrial section of a local CD Store, I came across a new Synth-Pop act called DESTROID and their debut album Future Prophecies.

I'm guessing by the name they must be Macross fans or the name is an unlikely coincidence, but in this day and age, who wouldnt do a quick Google search when deciding on band names and see a jillion results for Macross related pages? The jacket art features a montage red splattered b&w images of wires, hoses, and mechanical engines; and some Sci Fi mechanics; the Lost in Space Robot and a Tie Fighter, so chances are these guys are also Anime fans.

It's a great album for fans of hard-edged Synth Pop ala Hocico and Aghast View. It features some great samples from LOTR, The Exorcist, and possibly an Anime sample (I didnt recognise it, but it sounds Japanese).

So, does anyone know anything aboiut this band? I couldn't find much info on Net.

If any of you are Industrial/EBM/Syth-Pop fans, you should check them out :)

They are on SPV REcords out of Germany catalog # OUT 164 / SPV CD 085-39692.

Hmm...I'll have to check this out. Haven't seen anything mentioned elsewhere or even seen it at the local CD Import store.

Time to google.